Chapter 49

Lizzie's POV:
The doctor's say the surgery went well but she's still unconscious. He said it could take any amount of time for her to wake up. It needs to be in the next few weeks or there's risk of a vegetative state. Her mom, sister and Tom are on a flight out. Scarlett is flying down from New York now too. Seeing her hooked up to all these wires is terrifying. I'm too scared to hold her hand incase I move one of them. I've been talking to her about our plans for the future in a hope that she'll fight her way back to us.
"You can hold her hand. It may be helpful for her to feel you as well as hear you," the doctor encourages me.
"Really?" I check.
"Really. I'll give you two some privacy," she says closing the door.

I take a deep breath and hold her hand gently.
"Hey baby. Our family is on the way. They're coming here for you. Your mom is a mess so it'd be really great if you woke up when she got here. I'd tell you that I am too but you already know that. You know that if I lose you I will fall apart completely forever. I couldn't survive without you for 2 days let alone the rest of my life. So I'm going to need you to wake up and come back to me. I'm going to try to hold it together for our family but I'm going to need you to wake up," I plead with her. As soon as I've finished talking I look for any sign of her waking up but there's nothing. I kiss her hand gently and sit back in the chair closing my eyes for just a second.

I get woken up by the doctor who informs me someone is outside. Walking out I see Scarlett causing me to burst into tears as does she. We hold each other tightly for a few minutes. Scarlett holds my hand as we walk into the room with Y/N.
"Oh my god," she mumbles tearing up.
"I know. You can hold her hand. The doctor says she can hear us. You should talk to her," I encourage her turning around to leave.
"Will you stay with me while I talk to her?" She requests.
"Of course," I agree.
"I'm a little scared of all these wires. I just don't want to do anything wrong," she explains.
"You won't do anything wrong just hold her hand and talk I can put earphones in if you want," I offer.
"No it's ok. Ok here it goes. I thought we agreed we wouldn't say goodbye to each other because you and I both know I cannot handle that. So you wake the hell up so I can kill you for getting yourself hurt. Come on you've got to come to the Premiere and see the film. You've been avoiding spoilers so well. And you've got to come to set and see what we talked about being made. Please. I need you here yes it's selfish but if I make that film and I've lost you then it taints the entire thing so you get your ass up and awake. I'd do anything to hear one of your beautiful speeches or your jokes. You promised you'd always be here for me. And I want that to be forever. I want you to meet my daughter and to be at the premiere of my film. I want our kids to grow up together. Please just wake up," Scarlett pleads tearfully as she looks for any sign of movement. Again Y/N remained still.
"Wow I really thought that would work. Her two favourite women in the world professing how much they care about her," she sighs.
"I'm so scared Scar. What if she doesn't wake up?" I query.
"She will. We both know she's a fighter. Have you eaten or slept? Can I get you anything? Have you showered?" Scarlett asks a bunch of questions.
"I got a few hours earlier but no to food or showering. I don't want to leave and something happens. What if she wakes up or if she doesn't? Her mom will be here soon. I'll feel better about leaving her once her mom is here. I could use some coffee and a snack if possible. Maybe some deodorant," I explain.
"You've got it. I'll be back soon," she assures me squeezing my hand.

Scarlett and I sit eating in silence until Y/N's mom arrived with her sister. Tom was checking them into a hotel.
"Lizzie. How are you? Have you slept? Have you eaten?" She asks all about me. All I could do was hug her tightly.
"I'm just scared. I slept a little in the chair. Scarlett got me lunch. I was going to go home and shower or sleep but I didn't want to leave her until you were here," I explain.
"Listen you go and get some rest. If anything at all changes we'll call you. She won't want to wake up and you pass out from hunger or exhaustion," she assures me.
"Thank you. I'm glad you're here," I state in relief.
"Come on. I'll take you to make sure you actually rest," Scarlett requests.
"Thank you," I accept. As we leave I hear Y/N's sister make a comment that made me laugh.
"How on Earth did Y/N pull both of them? I mean they're like 10/10's and she's a solid 6," she asks her mother. God I'd give anything to hear Y/N give a smart ass comment back.