Chapter 51

Y/N's POV:
What's that beeping sound? Ouch my head? I open my eyes slowly.
"Miss Y/L/N. Can you hear me?" The doctor asks.
"W...where am I?" I inquire.
"You're at LA County hospital. What do you last remember?"
"I left the h...hotel after I w...went to my hotel r...room, my two ex's h...hooked up and I s...sent them to her room. It was L...Lauren and F..Florence. Why am I s...speaking like this?" I query.
"You were in a car accident Miss Y/L/N. You hit your head there could be some long lasting effects. We need to run some tests to check that you've still got all your cognitive functions," she explains.
"O...ok. Is Lizzie here? C..can I see her?" I question.
"After we run our tests," she assures me.
"T...thank you."

What if I can't talk anymore or sing? What if I can't tell Lizzie how much I love her without doing this? They check my grip and other functions everything comes back good, it's just my speech. When I see her my face lights up. Nothing else mattered. I was alive and the love of my life was here.
"H...hey aren't you a s...sight for sore eyes," I say smiling.
"Never do that to me again. I will not and cannot lose you. I love you way too much for that. Your mom is on her way with your sister and Tom's outside. Scarlett is coming soon," she assures me.
"I..love you too. I'm s..sorry I keep s...speaking like this. I d..don't know w...what's wrong," I apologise frustrated.
"I don't care how you speak just that I can hear you and feel you and that you're awake. You scared the crap out of me Y/L/N but you need to find some time for Tom too. He's missed you. We need to find a balance for you to spend time with me and Tom separately. He needs you just as much as I do," she explains.
"O..ok. We will w...worry about that later. B...but for now I'm going to n...need you to kiss me and t..then get Tom," I plead. She smiles blushing as I reach for her cupping her face. Lizzie kisses me gently and I let myself sink into it.
"I l...love you," I whisper against her lips.
"I love you too. Now time for you and Tom," she says kissing me once more.

Tom comes in and I smile brightly.
"T..there's my favourite s..spiderman," I tease.
"I think I preferred it when you were unconscious," he quipped back.
"I o...owe you an apology. I've b...been a shit best friend. W..when I'm better we'll h...hang out like we used to. J..just us no girlfriends," I assure him.
"Bro time. I appreciate it. I've missed you Y/N. I know Lizzie told you. I should've said it to you myself. You got swept up in your relationship I get it. She's your person. But I need some time with you. I miss you," he explains.
"S..sorry Tom. I t...think we'll be able to spend m..more time together n..now that I c..can't even s...speak," I mumble sadly.
"Hey you'll do speech therapy and we'll get there ok?"
"O...ok."

My mum arrived breaking down in tears. It was a little overwhelming there was a lot of emotion in the short amount of time. I started to feel a little tired and my speech got worse. My sister just stood there in shock.
"You see that woman out there you need to put that ring on her finger now. She loves you so much Y/N and she is perfect for you. You don't let her go. I know you're worried about your speech, about your future but she will stand by you. You do not push her away. You let her help you," she instructs.
"As s...soon as I can get the right w...words out. I w..will do it. I j...just want to t...talk somewhat normally b..before I do. S...she deserves the romantic p...proposal that I had been p...planning," I explain.
"Ok well we'll do everything we can to get you back to yourself," she assures me. I look at my sister and she can barely look at me.
"You k...know I'd put myself in a c..coma more often if it m...meant you'd be this q...quiet," I tease her and she even cracks a smile.
"I don't know what to say. I'm so mean to you all the time and you nearly died. You didn't know how much I love you," she mumbled trying not to cry.
"L...listen our way of s..showing how m..much we c..care is teasing e..eachother. I a..already know," I comfort her.
"Damn Lizzie really has made you a romantic sap. Tom was right," My sister teases.
"I'm s...sorry I actually have s...someone to romance w...when was the l...last time a boy c...called you back?"' I quip back.
"Alright you two that's enough," Mum stops us.
"You should get some rest your speech is deteriorating," the nurse suggests.
"We'll be back later. It's Tom's turn to stay with you. We'll see you in the morning," Mum agrees squeezing my hand.

Lizzie comes in to say goodbye for now.
"I know you're not allowed to talk because you need to rest but just listen. You're worried about your speech and singing and that's ok because we'll work through it together. Im here to support you through everything. I love you so much Y/N. Regardless of what happens to your speech that won't change. So stop worrying," she pleads. I nod in agreement pulling her in for a kiss. As she leaves I wink at her making her laugh there's the best sound in the world.

Tom comes in and I type on my phone for him to tell me all about his life. Then I type my response or opinions on my phone. It felt good to spend time with him again.