Chapter 60

Lizzie's POV:
We get ready for dinner and Y/N seems a little nervous about something. I walk over to her cupping her face kissing her gently.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"I'm a bit worried about my speech. Last time I ordered the waiter got frustrated at me but I want to t..try doing it for myself," she explains nervously.
"You're speech has improved exponentially since then. I know you'll be fine but if we get there and you feel you're not then I can order for you," I assure her.
"Thank you," she says breathing a sigh of relief.
"What your sister said really affected you didn't it?" I inquire.
"Yeah I just don't want to embarrass you," she mumbles tearily.
"Hey stop that. You don't embarrass me. You're amazing and beautiful. You've fought nonstop through your recovery and are improving everyday. I'm so impressed," I assure her wiping her tears.
"I love you so much Lizzie," she says hugging me tightly composing herself.
"I love you too. Now no more tears," I instruct.
"Ok. I'm just going to make my face less red," she informs me walking into the bathroom.
Me: Y/N is still being affected by what her sister said. She needs to know that isn't how she really views her.
Y/N's Mom: I'll talk to them both. Thank you for letting me know Lizzie.

The taxi drops us off at the restaurant and I take
Y/N's hand. Scarlett had booked us a separate room for our dinner for privacy. We walk in and Scarlett is already there with Tom running late as usual. Hugging us both Scarlett invites us to sit down.
"Isn't this how all of Y/N's dreams start?" Tom teases as he walks in making us all laugh.
"Always one to make an entrance Holland," Y/N laughs.
"I also make a very good exit. Hence my excellent acting skills that left everyone in pieces," he declares bowing before he sits down.
"To be fair even I got a little emotional watching that," Scarlett agrees with him.
"No Colin tonight?" I inquire.
"No he's had to fly back home for work," Scarlett replies smiling sadly.

The waitress came in and this was the moment Y/N was most nervous about. I give her a kiss on the cheek for reassurance holding her hand gently on her thigh.
"Please may I have the bruschetta to start, Carbonara for mains and another glass of white wine," Y/N requests flawlessly. She did that wide goofy grin that made me fall in love with her. As soon as the waitress leaves I can't help but kiss her.
"You did it," I say hugging her excitedly.
"Yeah I did," she replies blushing.
"Was that the first time you ordered since we went to the beach? Tom asks.
"Yes I was too nervous to before. And my speech has improved a lot I finally felt ready to be brave," Y/N explains.
"Well we're all very proud of you and your recovery.  I just wish they caught the asshole that did this. Regardless you made this brain injury your bitch. To Y/N," Scarlett toasts.
"To Y/N," Tom and I add in unison. And Y/N blushes but smiles proudly knowing how far she'd come.

Y/N's POV:
As soon as Lizzie excuses herself going to the toilet Scarlett turns to me.
"Tell me everything," she instructs.
"Ok but you have to keep your mouth shut. Tom and I went ring shopping in London. Here's a picture of the ring. I'm pr...proposing next week. We're going to start off by going on a walk like on the first night we met then we'll end up surrounded by ca..candles and I'll sing the song that I wrote for her and propose," I explain. Scarlett just smiles brightly,
"I'm so happy for you both. Please tell me you'll have an engagement party and that I'm invited," Scarlett says excitedly.
"Of course if she says yes," I laugh.
"Of course she'll say yes. You two are whipped as hell for each other. She's been wanting this since you got together. You know that night she was really drunk she kept rambling about how I'll be an uncle to your kids and how I'll be their favourite. And how she thinks I'll make a great best man," Tom informs me making me smile.
"I didn't know that," I blush.
"Didn't know what?" Lizzie asks returning.
"That Spider-Man's death scene was improvised," I make up on the spot.
"I'm not surprised Tom is a great actor more than he's given credit for," Lizzie replies nonchalant sipping her wine. Tom's face light up.
"Thanks Lizzie that's really nice of you," he says almost in disbelief.
"Well we're pretty much family now so I thought I better start being nicer to you," she explains.

We spend hours laughing, drink and talking with our friends. I felt normal again. The stutter wasn't an issue. It happened less and less. I was so ready to propose. I couldn't wait to propose to Lizzie. It almost seems like a formality I already feel like we're engaged as we've been talking about it for ages. If we could elope and just start married life together I would love that but we love our family way too much to do that.
"What you thinking about?" Lizzie inquires as she lays her head on my chest in our bed.
"How much our parents would kill us if we eloped," I laugh as does she.
"It wouldn't be worth the ordeal when we got back besides as soon as we get engaged it's only a few months away. With our plans it won't take long to organise everything and then we'll be married but honestly I already feel like we are. In the way our family is just one huge one now, how our lives are intertwined and how we have our family home," she explains.
"I can't wait to be your wife Elizabeth Olsen," I whisper kissing her gently.
"I love you Y/N Y/L/N and I can't wait to become Elizabeth Olsen Y/L/N," she informs me kissing me again.