Chapter 53

Lizzie's POV;
Y/N slept reasonably well much to my relief she only woke up twice compared to every hour when she was in the hospital. Today Tom and Scarlett were coming over to hang out which Y/N was looking forward to. It felt normal.
"Morning," she rasps in her incredibly hot morning voice.
"Morning. You slept pretty well right? You must be pleased," I encourage her.
"I did. Thank y..you," she mumbles trying to wake herself up.
"I must say I'm glad to have you back in my arms and am able to kiss you whenever I want," I inform her kissing her gently.
"It's good to be b...back," she smirks kissing me again.
"Don't even think about it. You can't resume normal
Activities for another couple of weeks yet. So behave," I warn her.
"Ok," she sighs.
"Do you remember what happened?" I inquire.
"I c..checked out after seeing L..Lauren and F...Florence then I s...started to drive h..home after that's all I c..can remember," she replies smiling sadly.
"It's ok. Don't push yourself remember what your mom said. We need to talk about that actually. So we've got the premiere in just over a month. We'll get you back to full mobility by then. Which is only a small target considering how mobile you already are. By the time I wrap 'Sorry for your Loss' we can aim to have built up your confidence to do an interview or an online show," I suggest.
"That sounds g..good. Can we r..record the message later?" She requests.
"Of course but before that how about another make-out session?" She doesn't answer just straddles me starting to kiss my neck. The next few weeks we're going to be frustrating as hell but worth it as long as Y/N progressed in her recovery.
"Ok wait. We have to lay out some ground rules. No neck kisses because I know where that usually leads and that's all I can think about. The next two weeks  are going to be frustrating for both of us but at the end of the line you'll be better for it and that's all that matters. Then we can have the incredibly hot steamy sex that the thought of currently is making us frustrated. Your tour is cancelled indefinitely while we get better so we have plenty of time for that. But for now only PG-13 kisses please," I request.
"You've got it my love. I k..knew you were obsessed with m...me," she smirks making me laugh.
"I love you so much," I reply kissing her gently.
"I love you t...too."

We spend the morning in bed cuddling before we had to film a video for her fans.
"Are you sure you're ready for this?" I check cupping Y/N's cheek.
"You trying to say I l..look like crap?" She jokes.
"No baby. You look beautiful as always. I just know you're tired. And your speech is better when you've rested. I know you're self conscious about that so I don't want you to feel as though you have to rush it," I assure her.
"When I'm with you I'm relaxed so it helps my s..speech. I also feel I owe them b..because I feel bad that I've let them down by p..postponing. I want to do this n...now," she explains.
"Ok baby let's do this. Just speak from the heart," I encourage her. She nods composing herself indicating for me to start recording.
"Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you all k..know that I'm ok. The only p...problem is with my s...speech. I haven't tried to s...sing yet. Honestly I'm too s...scared. I'm going to a speech th...therapist to try to get b..better so we can res..schedule. Thank you for all the s...support. I hope to see y...you all s..soon," she speaks really well. She does that goofy grin at the end that says she's proud of herself
"I'm so proud of you baby," I pick her up hugging her.
"I d...did it," she mumbles tearfully. This is the first time she's cried since it's happened.
"You did it baby. I love you," I say holding her tightly.
"I love you too," she says smiling brightly.

Scarlett and Tom arrive for lunch which Y/N was excited about. Tom hugged Y/N quickly before making himself at home. Typical Tom. Scarlett looks like she's about to cry. But I shake my head out of Y/N's eye line to stop her. Y/N cannot handle it.
"Hey Scarlett. H...how are you?" She asks hugging her.
'Do not cry' I mouth. She smiles sadly in agreement.
"I'm good now that you're ok. I'm sorry that I haven't really been around to support you but you've got me around for the next few days whenever you want to hang out. I'll even watch a football match with you," she says composing herself.
"It's ok. I would l...like that. Thank y..you," Y/N replies smiling.
"You're welcome. Now I hope Lizzie made lunch because you were always an awful cook," she teases her and I mouth 'thank you'. The last thing Y/N wants is to be coddled.
"Excuse you. I'm an excellent cook," she refutes happily as she didn't stutter for a second.
"Whatever you say Y/L/N," Scarlett laughs. Y/N is beaming with how normally she's treating her. I walk over to her wrap my arm around her waist kissing her cheek.
"You're a wonderful cook. And I'm not just saying that because I'm your girlfriend. I'm yet to find something you're not good at," I assure her.
"Taking compliments," Tom adds making us all laugh.
"Yeah I can't argue with t..that," she giggles.

We spend a wonderful afternoon with our friends just like we used to on set. It felt normal for the first time since it happened it felt positive and so good. Y/N didn't want it to end but she started to get tired and her speech started to worsen.
"Right I better go I've got a FaceTime with Colin and then another with my daughter. Thank you so much for having me," Scarlett excuses herself giving us both hugs.
"You're most welcome. We'll see you tomorrow," I reply.
"S...see you t..tomorrow," Y/N adds smiling sadly disappointed with the deterioration of her speech. Tom is so bad at social queues he doesn't realise anything is different. Y/N's too embarrassed to mention.
"Hey Tom. How about you and Y/N spend the day together tomorrow playing video games or something? Scarlett and I will go to a spa. For now though it's been a long week so I could do with a rest. We'll see you in the morning," I suggest.
"That would be great. I'll see you both tomorrow. Have fun," he smirked.
"G...get your h..head out of the g..gutter Holland,"
Y/N warns him as he leaves.
"Come on I know you two better than that," he laughs.
"The doctor said no resuming normal activity for 4 to 6 weeks post surgery," I assure him.
"Let's see how long that lasts. I'll see you in the morning," he giggles.

As soon as he shuts the door Y/N's whole demeanour changed she was frustrated with herself.
"W..why did this happen to m...me?" She cries hanging her head in her hands.
"I know. I'm sorry Y/N. I wish it wasn't you either but you know what we're going to get through this together. You did so well today. And I know it doesn't mean a lot right now because of how you're feeling but I'm proud of you," I assure hugging her tightly.
"I d...don't understand why you're p...proud of me for b...being able to n...not s...stutter. F...fuck I h...hate this," she half yells.
"What can I do to help? Please," I beg.
"N...nothing. I'm the s..screwed up one. I h...hate myself," she cries.
"Don't say that Y/N. I love you so much. You can't hate the woman I love because you love me. And you'd do anything for me so please do not hate the woman I love more than anyone and anything else in the world," I plead holding her tightly.
"I l...love you t...too. C...can you s..smile?" She requests.
"What?" I ask confused.
"Y..your smile makes the w...world a l...little b..brighter. And s..so in this m..moment it's the one t...thing i n...need that might j...just make me f...feel better," she explains and I can't help but smile brightly. I kiss her gently. .
"T..that's better. C...can we nap? My h..head is pounding n..not in the s...serious way just in the w..way the d..doctor said c...could happen," she says hurting.
"Of course. Big spoon or little spoon?" I smirk.
"B...big spoon," she replies biting her lip.
"You're such a tease Y/L/N," I sigh making her laugh. Finally she seems somewhat ok again.

Y/N lays down on the bed and I lie between her legs resting my head on her chest.
"I've missed this," I inform her. She rests her hands on my lower stomach. Creating patterns on my stomach as she kisses my cheek I suddenly feel very frustrated.
"B...babe please. We can't," I sigh.
"Shhh l...let me do this t...thing for y...you. You've been so g...good with me. I j...just want to m...make you f..feel good," she assures me kissing my neck.
"Only if you're sure," I agree.
"I W...want you," she assures me biting my neck gently making me moan. I lead her hand into my shorts and let myself enjoy every minute.