Chapter 22

Lizzie's POV:
The party is in a few days so I decide to lay the groundwork by meeting up with Aubrey this evening. I walk into the bar and notice a drag Queen performing  typical Aubrey. She waved at me from her seat and I sit down opposite her.
"I knew you'd ask me to be your girlfriend eventually," she smirks as she pushes me over the drink she had gotten me.
"Fake girlfriend," I laugh.
"I know. I mean I tried for a year and failed. What's so special about her?" She jokes.
"She's perfect. She's so talented but has no idea she is. When she laughs it's just absolutely infectious. And she's so funny just the one liners she comes out with. I love her vulnerability too. I just love everything about her. I need her back," I ramble.
"Wow you really are in love. I'm happy for you and I'm happy to help you win her back. As you know I'm an excellent actress and people always thought we had something going on anyway so it's not going to be difficult," she replies sincerely.
"Thank you Aubrey. Right let's start by taking a picture and posting it," I suggest.

A few days later
Y/N's POV:
Today is my album release party. I had been waiting for this for months and I couldn't wait for all of my music to be out there so I could stop stressing as there's no more I can do. Scarlett and I had fallen back into how we were before I went away. Our relationship was so easy and happy. I thought I'd feel like I wanted to say 'I love you' by now but I'm just not quite there yet. Lizzie had been playing on my mind a lot recently. Her and Aubrey seemed so happy. And I was happy for her but there was always that underlying jealousy when I saw pictures of them or when Lizzie would talk about her. I didn't know if it was because she's getting everything I always wanted with Lizzie or... no I can't think that. I get up early to workout.

I spend ages on the punching bag in full focus on taking out my frustrations and worries.
"Babe," Scarlett yells waking me into consciousness.
"Sorry I was in a world of my own. Are you ok?" I ask taking off the wrap.
"I'm fine but are you? Are you worried about tonight?" She inquires stepping towards me.
"Kind of. I just want it to be out there now. I hope it's going to be actually fun though. Obviously I'm not a massive fan of parties but i don't mind them when I know everyone which I will. I'm in the mood to dance with you," I smirk.
"It will be fun. I'm sure of it. And I can't wait to dance with you. Get yourself in the shower while I make you breakfast," she requests.
"Thanks Scar," I reply.

We pull up to the party and there are paparazzi everywhere.
"Are you ready for this?" I ask Scarlett.
"I'm so ready," she replies kissing my cheek. I open my door stepping out to blinding lights. Turning around I offer my hand to help Scarlett out of the car. She takes my arm and we walk into the party. Once we get inside I turn to her.
"How does it feel to have come out?" I ask smiling.
"Amazing but I'm more excited by the fact that the word knows that I'm yours," she replies kissing me gently. We pull back the curtain and everyone cheers as we walk in. The place is busy. The waitress hands Scarlett and I drinks. I down mine knowing I hadn't got long until I had to perform. Taking her hand we go to the photo booth. We take lots of different pictures with silly faces and affection. They turned out perfectly.

We walk out and I nearly bump straight into Lizzie.
"Hey congratulations on the album," Lizzie says hugging me quickly while Scarlett puts the photos in her bag.
"Thank you. I'm glad you came," I reply smiling.
"This is Aubrey, my girlfriend," she introduces us. Ouch. It took me nearly 2 months for her to even consider dating me. They've been dating for a few weeks and are already together. Wow. I offer Aubrey my hand to shake.
"It's so nice to meet you. Lizzie has told me all about you. Great party by the way. Perfect music to dance to," Aubrey smirks.
"You too. I hope you enjoy it. I've got to go and perform now. I'll see you later," I excuse myself. Scarlett takes my hand and we walk towards the stage. I turn to her and watch Aubrey and Lizzie laugh as they come out of the photo booth. Stop thinking like that Y/N it's not fair to Scarlett.

"You've got this ok? Don't worry they're all going to love it," Scarlett assures me kissing me gently.
"I'm so lucky. I really don't deserve you. Thank you for being so supportive," I say letting go of her hand as I walk up the steps. They turn off the music as I step up to the mic.
"Hi everyone. I just want to thank you all for being here. This has been a very long journey. Writing this album has been very therapeutic, teaching me a lot about myself and my music. I'm just really looking forward to sharing it with you and the rest of the world. I hope you enjoy it and if you don't then still buy it to at least make me feel better about it," I ramble nervously earning a laugh. Picking up the guitar I look at Scarlett for reassurance and she winked at me. 'Can you stand in the crowd so I can sing to you?' I mouth hoping she understood. She nods moving to the back of the crowd so I could sing to her and clear everyone else away.

I start to strum my guitar with the backing track starting. Just looking at Scarlett I begin to sing fully focused on her singing every word to her. As I felt my confidence build I drew my gaze away for a few seconds singing to different spots in the crowd so as to not isolate them. I notice Aubrey and Lizzie enjoying themselves. Lizzie's gaze draws to me for a second and I can't help but smile before I focus back on Scarlett.

After a few songs I put the guitar down and the countdown starts until the album gets released. I indicate to Scarlett to come up on stage for when the countdown ends. She runs up and I wrap my arm around her waist. As the countdown reaches zero I turn to Scarlett and kiss her.
"Congratulations babe," she says as we pull apart. Some guy hands me the microphone.
"Alright everyone now time for the fun part to get really drunk," I declare handing the mic back to the guy. Taking Scarlett's hand I drag her onto the floor to dance with me. The way she moved on some of the songs had me captivated. My girlfriend was a goddess. When a slow song came on we swayed from side to side. I catch Lizzie and Aubrey dancing again there was that touch of jealousy. Aubrey smirked when she noticed me looking at Lizzie. Aubrey turned to her with her back to me and kissed her.
Shit.
"Scar do you want to get some air?" I suggest. She nods in agreement. We head outside to the outdoor area and she sits on my lap.
"I almost forgot how incredibly talented you are but the way you sang tonight was phenomenal. And I appreciated you singing to me for most of it," she says kissing me gently.
"I mean who else would I want to sing to. You're wonderful and beautiful. I don't deserve you at all," I reply sincerely.
"Why do you keep saying that?" She asks confused.
"I'll never be good enough for you but I'm going to spend everyday trying to prove that I'm worthy of your affection," I explain half sincerely.
"You're plenty good enough for me. I'm serious. You're such a good girlfriend and so caring. You make me so happy. Please stop doubting yourself," she requests.
"Ok I will. Let's go back inside and enjoy our night," I accept.

By the time we go back inside Lizzie and Aubrey are nowhere to be seen much to my relief in one sense but not in the fact my mind was running wild with what they could be doing. I kept my focus on dancing with Scarlett and celebrating what I had achieved. Tom's drunken dancing always kept me entertained too.