Chapter 42

Lizzie's POV:
Getting ready for the party felt bittersweet. I was about to say goodbye to my friends most of who I didn't know when I'd see again. At least with Scarlett I knew I'd see her because her and Y/N still have this bond. Robert and Evans was a different kettle of fish. We didn't work on similar projects but I was so grateful for how they'd welcomed me on Age of Ultron. They really protected me and looked after me. I feel Y/N wrap her arms around me from behind.
"You look beautiful my love. How are you feeling?" She inquires.
"Sad and exhausted it's been a hectic schedule. I'm really glad you're with me and were with me today. You're always so supportive. Thank you," I answer turning around wrapping my arms over her shoulders.
"You're welcome. There's nowhere else I'd rather be than by your side," she assures me kissing me gently.
"I love you so much. I'm glad you're home and I can't wait to spend the next month or so with you all day everyday," I say kissing her again.
"You're going to be sick of me by the end of it," she jokes.
"No because I'd miss you if you weren't here. Now come on let's go and enjoy our evening," I reply taking her hand.

The wrap party was being held in this club. Of course the place was swarming with Paparazzi but neither of us really minded. Y/N just always made a joke to put us both at ease.
'Lizzie would you ever appear in her music videos?' 'Y/N would you ever try acting for Marvel?' 'How does it feel to have your ex and her new boyfriend here?' 'How does it feel that Scarlett left you for Colin?'
Y/N's face dropped at the last question. How did they know that? We push through them into the club. I could feel her starting to panic. Cupping her face I kiss her gently.
"It's ok it's just you and me. Ignore them. We're here and we are so happy. That stuff is in the past," I assure her.
"How do they know Lizzie? No one knows except from you, Tom and i from my side. It must've come from hers. That's so embarrassing. And I don't want her to get any hate. It's not like I'm innocent in all this," she sighs.
"Let's just enjoy tonight. That's another night's problem. We'll find out eventually," I encourage.
"Hey you two. Y/N what's wrong?" Scarlett asks concerned.
"It's not important. Let's get drunk. You both deserve to celebrate," she assures her faking her smile.
"No somethings bothering you what is it?" Scarlett inquires.
"She said it's not important. Let's just enjoy ourselves," Colin supports Y/N.
"I know her better than that. Talk to me Y/N. Colin why don't you go and get us some drinks?" Scarlett requests.
"Ok then," he agrees. Once he left she turned back to Y/N looking her in the eyes.
"She just had a panic attack. I can tell because her eyes are glossed over. What caused it?" She inquires.
"They know that you left Y/N for Colin. The paparazzi kept shouting it at her," I explain knowing Y/N was hurting. She seems shocked, it wasn't her.
"The only people that know what really happened from my side is Colin and Chris. I'm sorry Y/N. You know that isn't really the truth right," Scarlett assures her.
"I know. It was the shock that's all. I don't want to make tonight about me. It's your night Scarlett. Enjoy it. You deserve it. I can't wait to see what's next for you," Y/N agrees.
"Thank you. I'll find out how it got out Y/N. But for now let's all go and celebrate," Scarlett encourages us both.
"Let's do it," I agree.
"Let's dance."

We spend the evening dancing and drinking. At one point even one of Y/N's songs came on. It was nice to spend time with her again just letting loose having fun. Tom was always great fun at these things because he was a great dancer and wasn't bothered about making fun of himself. After a while Y/N and I got a bit hot so we went outside for some air. She sits down pulling me onto her lap.
"How are you feeling?" I check kissing her gently.
"Much better. You were right tonight is just about having fun and celebrating my girlfriend," she answers smiling.
"Tell me about her she sounds fabulous," I smirk.
"Well you see when we first met she was a bit of a bitch who didn't know what she wanted then she opened herself up to me. And if I'm honest with myself I loved her from the first night we met and I knew I would do whatever it took to be with this woman. I'm so glad that I did because she's everything to me. The way she can talk me down when I panic and never treats my mental health like it's a chore. She's so supportive and kind. When she laughs it's like the world gets a little brighter and my soul smiles. And when she tells me she loves me I know that whatever bad happens in the future I was privileged enough to be loved by her," she speaks beautifully nearly bringing me to tears. As soon as she finishes speaking i kiss her.
"Jesus kid you'd give Shakespeare a run for his money," Robert declared from behind me making us both laugh.
"He's right I think you could take him," I assure her.
"She's a keeper Lizzie. Don't let her go," he advises.
"I won't. Not for a second," I say smiling at her.

When we get back inside Y/N goes up to the bar to get us drinks and Colin comes over to me.
"Hey are you enjoying your night?" I ask him.
"Yeah I think so. Do you ever worry about them?" He inquires openly.
"Sometimes I do but Y/N would never hurt me. You just have to listen to her talk about me and you'd be reassured. Ask her. It may give you some comfort. Scarlett loves you Colin. I know because the way she looked at Y/N wasn't as in love as when she looks at you," I reassure him.
"Thank you Lizzie. The way she has with words I don't know how I could ever live up to that," he sighs.
"No one can. It's her gift. Don't worry about Scarlett she adores you," I say as Y/N approached us with our drinks.
"Here you go my love," she states kissing my cheek.
"Thank you," I smile.
"I hear you're notorious for beautiful declarations of love. Can I get a sample?" Colin requests.
"I wouldn't say that as such but my sister does call me the Queen of bullshit. And I'm flattered Colin but I'm pretty gay and Scarlett would kill me and Lizzie would kill you," she jokes.
"How about you tell me what the first night you met Lizzie was like?" He suggests.
"That I can do. Tom's friends are morons that's why I hate going to his parties. I also get panic attacks so parties aren't great for me. It was his birthday and I was taking a break outside. Then I hear a voice from behind me. I turned around to see Lizzie and I don't think I'd ever seen anyone or anything so beautiful in my life. Then when she started talking it was like she saw me. We spent the whole night talking and walking. I tried so hard to not catch feelings for her but I failed. I knew deep down from that night that I loved her. As soon as I heard her laugh for the first time I knew I had to keep her laughing forever because that is the closest any of us could get to heaven on earth. And that smile my god that smile. Even on the days when I'm at my lowest just thinking of her smile gives me hope and makes my soul smile for even just a second. I knew in that moment that everything would be ok because soon I'd see her smile again soon," she rambles.
"Damn Y/N. I think I just fell for you a little bit," Colin joked.
"Scarlett you better come and get your man," Y/N laughs.
"Sorry Colin she's all mine," I say kissing her.

We have a wonderful evening surrounded by our friends enjoying being together for the last time. When it gets late Scarlett starts to say goodbye to everyone leaving Y/N and I until last.
"Thank you for everything Scarlett. I'm only here because of you. You set the precedent for female superhero's. You've inspired so many young girls to push boundaries and opened so many doors. It's been an honour working with you Scarlett. I can't wait to see what you do in the future. You taught me so much off screen too. Thank you so much," I say hugging her tightly.
"That means so much thank you. And I'm so proud of you Lizzie. The world is finally going to see how talented you are. And you deserve it. I'm glad it's you that's carrying on the female badass legacy. You're going to take this to a whole new level. Just keep treating her well ok?" Scarlett requests.
"Ok. When we're back home we can meet up or have dinner. We've got to sell Y/N the American dream," I joke making her giggle. Scarlett turns to Y/N and starts to tear up.
"I can't say goodbye to you. I just can't," Scarlett mumbles tearily.
"Well good because I'm not saying it. I'll never say it. It's just a see you later. We'll hang out again when I make the trip across the pond. And I can't wait to see you kill it on your own Scar," she replies hugging her tightly. When they pull away she wipes her tears. We both shake Colin's hands saying goodnight.

When we get home it felt weirdly soothing to be finished and to have said goodbye. As we get ready for bed Y/N has the goofiest grin on her face.
"What's the smile for?" I ask.
"Because I get to spend the next month or so with the love of my life without having any other plans except making you smile and laugh," she explains.
"That sounds wonderful baby. I actually have something to tell you," I start excitedly.
"What is it?" She inquires smiling.
"Kevin spoke to me today. The meeting we're having soon is about me and Paul having our own tv show on a Disney streaming platform," I inform her. She hugs me excitedly spinning me around.
"I'm so proud of you my love. Oh my god. I'm so excited for you. This is huge," she rambles excitedly.
"I love you so much. Kiss me," I request. She does kissing me. I hold her against me deepening the kiss unzipping her dress. Starting to kiss down her neck and chest I look at her for reassurance.
"I need you," she pleads.