Chapter 81

Y/N's POV:
Lizzie has been gone for a month filming Wandavision and frankly it fucking sucks. I miss her so much. You know we still haven't had sex since that pact. That's a long time but the time never felt right. We're working so hard on the romance aspect that we don't worry too much about the psychical intimacy but that doesn't mean I'm not frustrated as hell. I've got to stay here for another two weeks yet. I'm in the studio with Lauren for the next week trying to get some writing done as well as our song recorded but I'm missing Lizzie like crazy. Things are good between us again. We've done a FaceTime date night twice a week. I send her a goodnight text for her to read before she falls asleep talking about how much I love her. Lizzie sends me a good morning text with the same things as well as what made her think of me the day before.

I'm in the studio with Lauren when I get a call from Tom's phone.
"Is this Y/N?" A mystery voice asks.
"Yes it is. Why do you have Tom's phone?" I say confused.
"He had an accident on set. He's in hospital. It's bad he's in surgery. It's Zendaya sorry I didn't say that. How fast can you get here?" She rambles crying.
"Send me the address and I'll be there as fast as I can," I reply in shock.
"I'll send it to you now," she agrees hanging up. Lauren looks at me and I just fall apart. I feel myself starting to panic.
"Look at me hear Lizzie's voice in your head. Find her smile and her laugh in your thoughts. Use her as an anchor to breathe," Lauren talks me through it. I hear Lizzie's laugh and see her on our wedding day in my mind. Ok breathe.
"Tom's in the hospital. Here's the address will you take me? I shouldn't drive," I plead.
"Of course. Should we call Lizzie on the way?" Lauren inquires. I nod trying not to cry.

The rest of the journey is a blur. Until I see Tom's mum. I hug her tightly giving her all and any support she needs. They say Tom fell during a stunt landed badly and hit his head. The doctors say there's a bleed. This is what it must've been like when I was in a coma. I felt helpless, useless. It was a matter of waiting and time.

Lizzie's POV:
I get a message on my answerphone from Lauren on Y/N's phone it says to call her when I can. The phone rings a few times and I hear Y/N crying on the other end.
"Baby what is it?"
"Tom... he hit his head. He's in surgery," she sobs.
"Oh my god. I'll try and get there as soon as I can," I state in disbelief.
"Lizzie you're the lead. You can't leave. You're in pretty much every scene. I understand just be patient with when they can give you time," Y/N assures me.
"I want to be there to support you. The way Tom was for me and your mom," I sigh.
"And you will be just not in person my love. I get it. It's ok. Just come home when you can I love you so much," She comforts me. My wife is one strong woman.
"I love you too. Keep me updated," I plead.
"Of course."

I talk to the directors and producers and they can't give me time off for at least 10 days. Y/N needs someone there to comfort her. Who do I trust?
Me: Are you still in London?
Scarlett: Yes for a few more days why?
Lizzie: Tom's in hospital and I can't come home for 10 days.
Scarlett: I'll be there for her don't worry.
Lizzie: I really did try to get time off you know what it's like.
Scarlett: I know. Just keep making the effort you have.
Lizzie: I will.

Y/N's POV:
I go for a walk unable to bear the waiting. I pace up and down outside the hospital wanting some air.
"Can you slow down you're giving me whiplash?" Scarlett pleads. I don't say a word just tackle her in a hug holding her tightly.
"How did you-?" I start.
"Lizzie. She messaged me as soon as they said she can only come home in 10 days time. I promised I'd always be here for you in the big moments. This is one of them even if it is awful," She explains.
"I'm so lucky to have you Scarlett," I mumble tearily.
"And don't you forget it," she teases trying to cheer me up. I let our a small giggle.
"What do you want to do? We can talk out here or go inside and wait for the doctor to come back," Scarlett asks.
"Can we go back inside? I should be there for Tom's mum like he was for mine," I request.
"Of course. Come on," She agrees offering me her arm for support.

We sit and wait and sit and wait. It's torture. The doctor finally comes out to tell us that the surgery has been successful but he's in a coma while his body recovers. They let us in one at a time to see you. Oh my god the wires.
"Hey mate. First off I want to say you're an idiot. Doing those stunts without proper safety precaution is moronic. Tom your prognosis sounds good so if you could wake up anytime soon I'd really appreciate it. Your mum is devastated so please just wake up and make an inappropriate comment or tease me about Lizzie. Please just do or say something. You know your on screen girlfriend is acting pretty off screen girlfriend comforting your mum, crying at your bedside. I think you might have a chance mate. She really likes you so you've got to wake up and finally pluck up the courage to ask her out," I encourage him looking for any sign he can hear or understand me but there's nothing.