Chapter 8

Y/N's POV:
I woke up this morning just feeling sheer contentment and happiness. One of the most beautiful women in the world wanted to date me. Then it dawned on me for the first time since the date, Lizzie. I'm going to have to talk to her about it all. And to Scarlett. Fuck. Well that happiness lasted for all of 2 seconds.
Me: Hey can I see you today? Do you have a break or something? X
Scarlett: Miss me already 😏 I'll have a break at 1 x
Me: Maybe 🙈 I'll bring you lunch. See you then x

Scarlett had told me about this coffee shop she liked and her order so I got exactly what she told me as well as pastries and a drink for Tom. I pull up to set and see Tom straight away.
"How was the date?" He smirked.
"Amazing that's why I'm here to give you a drink and a pastry and then have lunch with Scarlett," I explain.
"Are you going to tell her about Lizzie?" He asks.
"Yeah I'm going to be completely honest and see where her heads at in terms of exclusivity. So I know whether I have to end things with Lizzie now or once things get more serious," I sigh.
"Good luck having that conversation with Lizzie," he laughs nervously.
"I know," I sigh heading to Scarlett's trailer.

I knock on the door and Scarlett opens it smiling at me. As I put the bags on the table Scarlett kisses me gently.
"Hello to you too," I laugh.
"So what do you want to talk about?" Scarlett asks already knowing that was why I was here without me saying it.
"So before our date Lizzie and I have been sort of hooking up. I wanted it to be more than just casual but she said she isn't ready for that and to give her time. But we've been messing around for a week and she still won't acknowledge my existence when you or Tom are around. It just seems to be about the physical stuff for her. I don't want that. I want to romance someone and have the full relationship. When I'm in a relationship I'm all in. I want someone who will be the same. I just wanted to let you know because we haven't had the exclusivity chat or whatever obviously because we've only had one date but I didn't want to lie to you or keep anything from you," I ramble hoping she's understanding what I'm saying.
"I mean it was obvious you were hooking up. Lizzie is a great actress on screen but off it she's terrible. I mean my usual cut off for being classed as single is the third date. So until then I guess you're free to do whatever with whoever. Thank you for being honest with me. I don't go into relationships half heartedly. I have to know that person is right for me and my family. I'm looking forward to our second date," Scarlett explains.
"I'm looking forward to it too. And if ever you want to change it so you're the only person I'm kissing or whatever then I'm more than happy to agree to that. You're special Scarlett I want to treat you properly and romance you," I assure her.
"Thank you. Can I have one of those kisses now?" She request making me laugh. I pull her in for a kiss and she climbs on my lap deepening it with every movement.

There's a knock at the door and we pull away. She gives me one quick kiss before she jumps off my lap making me giggle.
"Hey Scarlett. Can I borrow your charger?" Evans asks. Scarlett opens the door and he follows her inside.
"Oh hi Y/N. I'm assuming the date went well then," he teases Scarlett. She told him about it. Wow.
"Yes it did. Your friend is quite the romantic," I add to her teasing.
"Stop you two. We've been on one date and you're already ganging up on me with my friends," she sighs handing him the charger.
"Well when I first met you Tom told you I thought you were attractive so this is payback," I smirk.
"Just how romantic is Scarlett?" Chris asks smiling.
"Ok bye Evans," Scarlett says pushing him out the door making me laugh. When she sits down I kiss her happily.
"What was that for?" She blushes.
"Because you didn't hide me and you told him about the date," I explain kissing her again.
"Why would I hide you?" She asks.
"I don't know. I mean I'm punching way above my weight," I sigh.
"Hey look at me. Stop criticising yourself. You're beautiful and I'm really happy to be dating you," she assures me.
"Thank you," I say smiling.

When lunch has finished I kiss Scarlett goodbye and head to Lizzie's trailer to find her. Knocking on the door I feel nervous. She opens it when she sees it's me she smiles.
"Hey. I didn't know you were coming," she says taking my hand and bringing me inside. I sit down next to her on the couch and she knows something is up.
"Are you ok?"
"I'm going to be honest with you because I don't want to hide anything from you. So turns out last night was a date. And it went really well. And we're going on another one next week. She even told Evans about the date. We're not exclusive until we've been on three dates but I like her and I don't want to hurt her or you," I explain. She looks hurt.
"What happened to giving me time? I know I say stupid stuff a lot that hurts you but I'm trying really hard to be the person that can be with you and give you the romance and epic love that everyone wants. Is this why you're here to end whatever this is? Or do you want me to fight for you?" She asks.
"This happened so fast Lizzie. I didn't even know it was a date. But when I woke up this morning I was happy and content. Like I am when I wake up with you in my arms until I remember you're not actually mine. She knows what she wants Lizzie. And I still don't think you do. I wanted to be with you so badly but I think you only want the idea of me in your head not the woman who's in front of you. That's the thing Lizzie you're always asking what you want me to want you to do instead of proving that this is what you want," I sigh holding my head in my hands.
"I am yours Y/N. No one else has ever made me feel this way. I want you. I want to be with you and hang out with you and Tom. I want to take you on dates and on an impromptu trip away where we make wonderful memories together. I want the woman who opened up to me the first night we met. Even if you walk away from this now I'm not going to stop fighting for you. I believe that this could be something really special. I'm not giving up and you shouldn't either," she proclaims. It's everything I want to hear of course it is but these are just words.
"As I told you Lizzie actions speak louder than words," I say looking up at her. She kisses me gently and nods.
"I know. I just hope you're ready for what I have in store," she smirks and I smile slightly.
"I'll see you later Lizzie. You should probably talk to Scarlett. She's your friend and needs to know your intentions," I advise.