Chapter 10: Forgiveness

TW: mentions of depression

I was held separetely from Bakugo. I was back at home with Mother. We were watching TV. Mr. Aizawa, Principal Nezu, and Vlad King were on TV.

"What do you think will happen to the two students?" A reporter asked. Mr. Aizawa answered it. He said Bakugo couldn't be persuaded and then said some things about me too.

"Ayatsuru has a mass amount of loyalty to us. He also has a great ability to manipulate anyone. If the League of Villains want him to join, he will. He'll manipulate them where they're in our hands. He's the last person you should worry about." He said.

"...So you're joining the League?" Mother asked me suddenly.

"Yeah." I said. I looked at her. She had a sad face.

"What's wrong?"

"I spoke with All Might..." She said.

"You what? What did you speak with him about?" I asked.

"Our relationship. It was... Hard but I've finally found a way to forgive him." She said. She didn't make eye contact with me once.

"'Forgive him?!' For what he did?! You questioned your worth! You even regretted me at one point! All because of him! Why the hell- How the hell could you forgive him?!" I yelled.

"I thought the same way too until I spoke with him. Your father is deeply sorry for what he did. It isn't as impactful coming from my mouth but what I'm saying is true." She looked at me and put her hand on mine.

"You can't change my mind. I'll still kill him. It's still his fault you suffer from self confidence and actual happiness. It's his fault I'm joining the League. My entire upbringing is his fault." I said. I burned with anger.

"Ayatsuru, I said I could support you no matter what you do but I can't. You aren't thinking straight." She gently stroked my head.

"I'm thinking straight. I've been thinking straight. I'm still joining the League. As my mother you should accept that."

"Fine. I do. But remember what will happen to you once you reach your goal." She touched the vein on my wrist and I saw what I didn't want to. I was in a psychiatric ward. All dressed in white and in a straight jacket. I was quirkless. I felt like nothing. I didn't kill All Might. Izuku was on TV as the new Number 1 hero. Everyone in the League was either arrested or dead. None of us were getting out soon. All I could do was watch as my dreams of revenge crumbled. All I could do was watch Izuku be better than me. Watch Izuku be what I was supposed to be if All Might didn't leave me. Watch him be my replacement. Watch me lose every reason I had of living.

"Stop it! I won't turn out that way! I promise you!" I said. I got a phone call. It was Father. "I have to go. Father's waiting."

"Ayatsuru, you aren't leaving this house!" Mother yelled. Gross sludge came out of my mouth and covered me. I disappeared out of the house and appeared in Father's warehouse.

"Are you ready, Ayatsuru?" Father asked me.

"Yes. More than ready." I smiled.

"Just wait a little bit longer. He should be arriving at the bar any minute."