Chapter 85: My Name

"If anything happens to me-"

"Just shut up right now. You're not dying and I'm not doing anything about it if it does."

"Ayatsuru, I'm being serious."

"So am I! It's unsettling to think about. Besides, how would it even happen? Father's moulding you into his successor. He's lived for centuries, so you will too."

"But on the inside, he's still human. Now let me finish what I was saying. If I die-"

"SHUT UP!!!" I whipped my hand over to him and grabbed his face. I was going to use Ash if he continued this bullshit.

"-I want you to carry on my name!" I tensed up.

"What...?" He grabbed my hand to remove it.

"I want the fear related to the name 'Shigaraki' to continue."

"But why me?"

"Isn't it obvious?" He laughed. "You're my little brother and the last Shigaraki. If anyone is going to be my successor, it's going to be you."

"No. I can't."

"C'mon. I'll pump you with all the necessary crap you need. Just like how Master plans with me."

"I just- I don't know. It doesn't feel right."

"You're my only family."

"You saying that is like twisting a knife. Just the thought of you dying, it hurts already but knowing I'll be the only one to mourn you is worse. I'm not letting you die. Under any circumstance. I don't care if it ruins my life, or even ends it, I will protect you, Tomura."

"I'm not asking for any of that-"

"You don't need to! Besides, I don't even know if I should carry on 'Shigaraki.' I mean Mother said I'm eligible to take her place as CEO, but how can I do that if one, my surname isn't Owari, and two, if my name is related to Tomura Shigaraki? Just let me think."

"You have until my downfall."

"Stop being so moody and doomsday-ish. You and Father will take over the world."