Chapter 95: Divided

I watched as Leviathan and Serpentine circled the base. They resembled vultures.

"All For One's still fighting! The plan is failing." One of the Umobirds said.

"Tell me everything." I said while dodging.

"Dabi is still active, and Toga has created multiple clones with Twice's quirk. She's become extremely powerful." This isn't looking good.

"What about the heroes? Are they okay? Is anyone gone?" I asked.

"No." At least everyone was alive.

No POV:

"Wait! Leviathan! I see Mr. Corpse Man! He's alive!"

"You mean I get to eat him after all?"

"It's either we protect Master, or fight the boss guy."

"Which would be more beneficial for us?"

"If we protect Master, we live. We already had an Unravel scare once today. But..."

"Look at him. He's fine. I don't think we have to worry about the Unravel. Besides, All For One was the reason for it. What if he finishes the job?"

"But what if Tomura finishes the job? Both of them are a threat."

"How about we split up? That way, we can do both. I'll take on All For One while you stay here."

"But our survival rate. Master said we are stronger together and shouldn't separate. If we split up, we'll be at a disadvantage."

"But it'll be effective."

"But one of us will die. Boss Villian's no where near here. What if one of us takes too many hits?"

"You can be a wimp all you want. I'm going."

"We are one, Leviathan!"

Ayatsuru's POV:

I looked up and saw Serpentine bite onto Leviathan's tail.

"Let go of me!"

"Why are they fighting?" I mumbled.

"Ayatsuru, what's going on?!" Izuku asked. I groaned as my head fell. Why were they doing this now? They were biting each other and kicking. Leviathan even tried to tear off one of Serpentine's wings. That's when she retaliated and ripped off one of his horns.

"Stop it, you two! I don't have time for this!" I yelled. They heard me but ignored me. I turned back to Tomura. "Damn it! It wasn't supposed to turn out like this. If they continue, only shreds will be left."

"sHoUlD sOmEoNe TrY tO hElP tHeM? i MeAn, ThEy'Re ThE sTrOnGeSt We GoT." Akira said.

"No. If someone gets in the middle, they'll just die. It's better to leave them be." It was hard. I tried to ignore them but their screams and screeches were too loud. It was painful. They were killing each other. I continued fighting AFO with Izuku until he pulled me aside. Luckily, the high-ends were a good distraction.

"Go. Go help the Umodragons while I stay here." He said.

"What?! Did you not hear me when I said someone intervening could kill them? Also, how would I leave this place?"

"It's not impossible."

"No. I'll stay."

"I can tell it's bothering you. I mean, it's bothering me too."

"Ya' know what's also bothering me? That!" I pointed to Tomura. "I don't know what the hell that thing is and having it look like my brother bothers me. And not knowing how my family's doing is also pretty bothering. I ask my Umobirds for updates, but nothing about my family. All I know is Eiba is stuck at the hospital. Two dragons aren't a big loss. I'll just have to devote a shit ton of time to make new ones. They aren't important!"

Izuku stared at me. He looked betrayed.

"You sound like All For One." I stared at him back.

"I what? I'm sorry, I what?! Take that back, Izuku!"

"It's true! Look at you! I thought you were changing! It's okay to slip up every now and then but just look at yourself! You're losing it!"

"Take it back."

"Just stop the Umodragons. They'll be helpful." He said.

"I'll just make new ones. They're already pretty damaged." I looked back at them. Serpentine's blue scales were dyed a brownish red color. Leviathan was just red all over. I questioned if his scales could ever be pure white again.

"Don't be like this. Do you care about your Umon anymore?"

"I don't if they act like that. They're supposed to follow my word but here they are ignoring me."

"You're sounding like him again."

"Shut up!" I screamed.

"Help them!" He yelled while punching me. I got up but he kicked me in the abdomen. He repeatedly hit me everytime I got up. "Help them."

"Stop it!" I yelled.

"Why are you refusing to help?! Do their cries not hurt you? Why are you suppressing your feelings again?"

"Because it's better than clinging on! It hurts but so what? It hurts even more watching them get hurt over and over again. I hate it!" He punched me again.

"A hero doesn't give up just because it hurts. Our job is to give people hope. Take away people's pain. We can't run away when we've come so close. We can't let fear control us." He lent me his hand. I grabbed it and got up. "Don't shut yourself off from the ones who need you most."

"You're right." I let go of his hand. "Birds."

An Umobird flew overhead. I used Teleport on it. Taking me outside the boundary. I looked over at Leviathan and Serpentine.

"Hey," I called to get their attention. They ignored me again. "Hey!"

They slowed down but didn't stop. I used Telekinesis to pull them off of each other. They both roared in retaliation.

"Please. Stop. You two have to work together." I said calmly.

"Tell Leviathan that!" Serpentine yelled.

"I heard him! But if you listened-"

"If you listened-"

"Stop. What is this all about?" I asked.

"Leviathan wants to fight the corpse." Serpentine said. I was confused as to what she meant.

"Dabi?"

"No. All For- One For- whatever his name is."

"Oh. Well... If he wants."

"What?! But why?! You said we had to stay together. I don't want us to die!"

"So that's the problem. You're divided. Come here." They both flew towards me. I examined both of them. "That's a lot of wounds."

I climbed onto Leviathan and turned to the base.

"I'm gonna take them somewhere else!" I yelled to Izuku. He saw me and nodded. "You're alright to fly a little ways away, right?"

"That heathen nearly ripped my wing off." Serpentine said.

"You wanna complain about wings? Look at my horn! It's compromised my sense of direction you vile, cruel, hellish snake!" Leviathan yelled. I sighed.

"Let's just go."