Chapter 33: Virus

Cough, cough.

I laid in bed while heavily coughing. I had a fever and a horrible headache. I was going to reach for my phone to text Dad to get me some medicine until there was a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I forced myself to let out loudly. The door opened and it was Kaminari. After him were a few more classmates. Izuku, Mineta and Sero.

"Hey, man. What's up?" Kaminari asked. I slowly sat up and coughed at least ten times before answering.

"I'm sick." I said.

"Do you know from what?" Mineta asked.

"No." I coughed three more times.

"Hey, I was gonna invite you to train with me but I guess you won't be able to." Izuku said.

"I can still train." I said while quickly getting out of bed. I stumbled and almost fell before Sero caught me.

"You are in no condition to train. Lay back down." Sero practically pushed me back into the position I was in. "We'll tell everyone you're not feeling well."

Thank- Ah... Ah... Achoo!" I sneezed which set off my quirks. I turned Sero's water bottle to ash when my hand grazed it. My eyes glowed red and I threw Mineta against the wall with Telekinesis. "S-Sorry."

"You definitely need rest." Kaminari said.

"C'mon guys. We don't want to mess with Ayatsuru's illness." Izuku started pushing Kaminari, Mineta and Sero out of the room. Before he closed the door, he called back to me. "Get well, soon!"

I sighed and laid back on my back. I stared at the ceiling for a while before remembering to contact Dad.

Me:
hey, dad. im sick. coughing, sneezing, headache, fever. do you have time to find any medicine that could take care of any of these symptoms?

He didn't respond after ten minutes of waiting so I asked Mother. She didn't respond either. I guess they were busy. I rolled over to face the wall until I heard a ping from my phone. I rolled over again and looked at my phone. It was Dad.

Dad:
Hey, sorry I didn't respond earlier. I'm currently training Midoriya so it'll take me a while to get medicine. Give me at least an hour. Hang in there, buddy.

I disappointedly put my phone down and rolled back to face the wall. An hour? I shouldn't be ungrateful. He is training his successor but still. I'm his son and I'm sick. Is it childish to feel put aside? Especially for someone in my position?

Cough, cough. I could feel my symptoms worsening. My head throbbed horribly and I started choking on my coughs.

"She still can't get rid of me." I heard a voice say. It sounded like mine. And the feeling I had when hearing it was familiar. Memories I never recalled having suddenly appeared in my head like flashbacks. My head hurt more the faster they flashed into my mind. What was happening?

[<1.19.2181914> corrupted]

The pain intensified and continued. More memories and feelings. It was like I was given someone else's life but it was my life. All of it. How?

Knock, knock.

"Come in." I said with pain in my voice.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. I have some medicine. It should help." Dad handed the medicine along with some water. "Have you eaten?"

"No." I said while wincing every now and then. I saw Dad walk to my cabinet and take out a bag of chips.

"Take these." He handed me the bag and sat down on the bed to watch me eat. I looked at him and then the bag. "What's wrong?"

"Well it's just- *cough* that Mother always scolded me when- *cough cough* I ate in bed and- *cough* before and after taking medicine- *cough cough*. Are you sure it's okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. What Hora doesn't know won't kill her. You're sick and starved. You're in no position to go all the way to a dining table or even to your desk or table. Just eat." Dad insisted. I hesitated but ate anyway. I then put the bag down and opened the medicine. Dad helped me take it. He told me to rest and then he left. Although I took medicine for my headache, it didn't go down.

"Like I said, I can't be ridden of." The voice said again before I passed out.