Chapter 111: Asleep

"Sinuo!" Behemoth called. She was laying in front of a hospital. He landed next to her. "Why are you here?"

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Sinuo asked.

"That human? Psha! Why do you care about that thing?"

"She's not a thing, Behemoth. Don't you realize our master isn't a good person?"

"That's not up to us to decide. We were made to follow his orders." Behemoth sat staring at the sky. His face was scrunched up into a serious one, but it was obvious he was annoyed.

"Leviathan-"

"Why are you so hung up on that dragon?!" Behemoth whipped his head around and started snarling at Sinuo. "You just met him for a couple minutes and all of a sudden, you admire him. You're being an idiot!"

"He's not as meat-brained as you. I bet he's left our master right about now. You know why? Because he doesn't follow orders because he was made to. He follows them because he wants to."

"You're talking nonsense."

"It's hard being created for destruction. I feel as if I shouldn't enjoy anything, but Behemoth, I love life. Not because master told me to, but because I do. I don't want to destroy anything because I love it all. The leaves, the bugs, even the humans you despise."

"You've spent too much time with that sparkly idiot that now you're talking as if you're some poet. Get over it, Sinuo. Master's probably going to unravel us anyways so I'd stop loving everything if I were you." Behemoth was ready to leave until something caught his attention. It was a figure that resembled him, but it was a lot more snake-like. If he squinted his eyes, he could see other figures on its back.

"Is that Serpentine? Leviathan's partner?" Sinuo asked.

"I bet she's just as annoying as him." He paused and looked back at Sinuo. "And you."

"Who are you?" Kazu climbed off as Serpentine landed. She collapsed on the ground, dropping Akira and Monster in the process.

"Is she okay?!" Sinuo asked.

"Why do you... look a lot like me?" Serpentine croaked.

"I'm Sinuo, and this is Behemoth." Sinuo slunk behind Behemoth.

"I'm Kazu, this is Akira, Monster, and Serpentine." Kazu gestured to each one.

"aRe YoU uMoN?" Akira asked.

"What else would we be? Did Ayatsuru make his Umon as dumb as the next?"

"You are not with us?" Kazu asked.

"It's a long story, but we're creations of your master's predecessor." Suddenly, all the Umon fell asleep, except for Sinuo.

--

For some reason, Leviathan was awake, as well. Maybe it was because he cut his connection to Ayatsuru by abandoning him. Maybe he was too "real" to be an Umon. For one reason or the other, he was still flying around. He was looking for Serpentine. All the chaos with Ayatsuru made him forget about her. He remembered Eiba telling her to take the rest of the Umon to the outskirts of Japan. He started heading the direction he remembered her going. Was it East? Or was it South? He couldn't feel her. She was still alive if he was, though, so he had hope.

He flew over buildings and streets, hoping to see a large blue dragon somewhere. He scanned the area until he saw three humongous figures. One was hopping around while the others were laying on the ground. He quickened his pace, hoping one of them was Serpentine. Thankfully, one was. The other two were Behemoth and Sinuo. Sinuo was the one hopping.

"Leviathan! I'm so glad you're here! No one's moving." She looked at the rest of the Umon.

"What happened?" He asked. He landed next to Serpentine and intertwined his tail with hers.

"They just stopped moving. What happened to your master?"

"I don't know. I left him."

"Well, what do we do?!" Sinuo jumped around in a panic. "How come we're moving and they're not?!"

"Just calm down."

"He's not dead, is he?" Sinuo asked. She stopped jumping but was still restless.

"No. If he was, we'd all be unraveled."  He pointed to Kazu. "Keep an eye on him. If that happened, he would go first."

"This just doesn't make sense to me."

--

I woke up with machines beeping. The room was very bright, with every surface being white. How did I end up in the hospital? I looked around and sat up. I was all alone. A man looked into the door window. He gasped and ran away when he saw me. Why didn't I remember anything? My name, my face. It didn't come to me. How did I know what a hospital was but not anything important? I stumbled to the window. Nothing was there.

I kept on falling to my right. Bandages covered almost my entire body. What happened to me? I walked slowly to the door and pulled it open. People gasped and let out exclamations.

"My heavens! You shouldn't be up!" A nurse caught me and tried shoving me back in the room.

"Who am I?" I asked. She looked down at me as if I was speaking nonsense.

"Let's get you back in bed." She said. I wanted to scream. Why was I here? Who is she? Who was I and why does every part of my body burn?!