Chapter 84: Cut Strings

He aimed his weird hand thing towards Jirou. Hawks tried to attack him from the opposite side but I knew All For One wouldn't fall for that.

"It's no use, Hawks! You haven't got enough feathers to handle my attacks. In your current state, you're utterly useless. Did rubbing shoulders with extraordinary people make you think that you too were someone special? Worthy of facing against the Demon Lord?" He monologued. I watched him injure Hawks but then whipped my head back to Jirou. He obliterated one of her earjacks.

"Jirou!" I yelled and almost went to her before I felt something pierce my right thigh. I looked down and saw one of his finger knives rip all the way through to the ground.

"All you do... Is talk about who's weak... Who's strong... Who's special... And who can inspire fears in others. Well I don't give a damn about any of that nonsense!" Jirou started. "All I know is that you made my friends cry! You hurt them!"

She used Heartbeat Wall to attack him. I took the seconds before to get out of the trap All For One put me in. I practically ripped my entire leg in half. An Umon had to be nearby, right? No way would they ignore their senses. My leg hurt so bad. They should feel it too.

"Kazu!" I yelled. I felt another knife in my abdomen. Was he trying to kill me or remind me of his power over me? I fell over and was spitting blood. "Kazu..."

"Motivation... Spirit... Ability... Those concepts only exist in the realm of the weak. It's useless! In the face of absolute power!" Hawks made a move again but I could feel myself fading in and out. I tried to crawl away from the fight but my leg was completely useless.

"Master," I looked up as far as I could and saw a huge black body standing over me. I saw cracks all over him. Kazu was unravelling. Was I dying?

No. I refused. What would I be if I died here? A name on a stone? That's not good enough. I wouldn't have accomplished my goals in life. Having close friends, maybe even date someone, kill All For One, none of that would be achieved right here, right now. It wouldn't be a good ending of my story.

But was my leg even repairable? The quirks me and Kazu had probably wouldn't be able to heal something as damaged as this. Even my wrist from Aoyama's blast was still healing. The only idea I had was to use one of All For One's quirks. I mustered up the strength to turn my body to face him and search through his quirks. It was unfamiliar having to sift through someone's body to get a quirk. Usually I just had to find the Quirk Factor and it was done immediately. I found an instant regeneration quirk and used it on myself. I felt my leg bind together and I stopped bleeding in my mouth and stomach. I pushed myself up to try and fight All For One.

I got up and was about to attack but my head hurt so bad.

"Kill them all. Kill them all. KILL THEM ALL."

"Just stop!" I screamed. I fell to my knees as my head throbbed.

"Ayatsuru," I heard Tokoyami say. I felt Jirou's hand on my shoulder.

"I... I need to do this..." I said as I stood up. "This is my chance to stop all of this."

"Ayatsuru," Jirou turned to my front and hugged me. "You don't need to be alone. If we win, you win. You can rest."

"But I don't want to. I'm strong!"

"I know." She continued hugging me. I felt the voice in my head get quieter. I hugged Jirou back with all the strength my body allowed me.

"I'm so sorry." I mumbled to her. I lifted up my head and saw Endeavor fight All For One. I let go of Jirou and squirmed out of her arms. I felt her tug on my sleeve but I shrugged it off. I lifted up my hand and used Teleblade to cut him up a little.

"Ayatsuru..." His voice was chilling but I continued walking towards him. "You dare defy me?!"

"I'm not your puppet anymore!" I said as I threw more blades at him.

"What do you think will happen after I'm defeated? This inner peace won't last. I know what your mind says to you everyday. I know your true intentions."

"Shut up! I'm not like that." I said.

"You aren't? So the taste of blood doesn't fuel you anymore? The sight of fear in others doesn't excite you?" Flames hit All For One after he spoke.

"Leave the kid out of this. Ayatsuru, get somewhere safe." Endeavor ordered.

"You are my son! You are a monster!" He smiled. "You'll kill everyone in this fight and eat them like you did so many other heroes." My heart skipped a few beats. He was right. I am a monster. The things I've done will never be forgiven. No one here even knew I killed heroes. I should just give up now while I have a chance.

"Don't let him get into your mind!" Jirou yelled.

"What will you gain after this? You will always be a disgrace to the human race and you will never have anyone who loves you." Tears fell down my cheek after hearing those words. "Your mother is asham-"

"Stop!" I said. "I know I'm a disgrace. A mistake, a regret, and I know I can't redeem myself after the things I've done. Just let me believe, alright?! Let me believe the heroes standing before us will accept me as part of their team! Let me believe I still have a place in Mother's heart! I've done bad things but they are nothing compared to yours! I'm not like you!"

"I should never have let Hora give birth to you." Although he didn't have eyes, I could see he despised me and if he did have eyes, he'd be cutting me up with just a look. "I should've stabbed her in the stomach when I had the chance."

"That's your own fault." Kazu jumped from behind me and joined in after I spoke. I could tell All For One was furious with me.

"Run. Get out of here." Endeavor said. "You've done what you can. Your father will be proud of you as much as I am."

"But-"

"Don't worry about us. We can handle him." Hawks smiled. I looked back at Jirou and Tokoyami. They just nodded in agreement.

"Alright." I said and left. Leaving all of my negative emotions and tears behind me.