Chapter 62: Pressure

I was called in to help some other heroes. Deku, Endeavor, Mt. Lady, Hawks and Kamui Woods. I hesitated at first but I didn't want to look weak. What Ayatsuru said was right. As the children of All Might, the best hero this world has ever seen, we have more expected from us than typical heroes. We have more responsibilities to preserve the peace our father fought for. What kind of daughter would I be if I quit? What kind of daughter would I be if I decided to stop carrying my father's legacy? I haven't seen the evil Mother and Ayatsuru had to deal with for sixteen years so who am I to be scared now? Ayatsuru endured more than anyone possibly could yet he still stands and calls himself a hero. I should be ashamed that someone so young has more pride than me. So with all that in mind, I accepted the request.

It wasn't a normal escapee. It wasn't a normal villain either. It was a former hero. Lady Nagant. Luckily I arrived in time to prevent Hawks and Nagant from plummeting downward. I used my propellers to grab them and land them safely. Nagant was charred. Was she the reason for the bright explosion I saw in the distance?

We found our way to the place Nagant had said. A mansion in Haibori Forest.

"Well being in a dark empty mansion in the middle of the forest isn't creepy in the slightest." I joked. A TV was on with All For One. A pre-recorded tape? The last thing he said was that he had lost interest in Dad and was now set on Deku. The energy coming from him was eery. Evil was all that I felt around me. If he talked a couple more sentences, I might've been permanently paralyzed just by the sight of him. Mother and Ayatsuru had to deal with this... thing? I can understand why Mother was petrified when it was revealed he escaped. I can understand why Ayatsuru cried. They were victims of the truest form of evil.

"One by one, heroes are taking their costumes off for good. The last threads holding them together are tearing... Who knows what will happen next." Best Jeanist said. I put my head down. I was nearly one of those heroes. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I instinctly raised my head and looked at the hand. It was Hawks'.

"I'm glad you stuck around. I feel like you're getting most of the hate since you were expected to be perfect and you were... Ehem... Dating Dabi the whole time." He silently said as if he was embarrassed for me.

"It's not like we were dating then." I said.

"But you tried to be nice to him, didn't you?"

"Well, would All Might turn his back and become cold to an old friend?"

"The media is gradually getting closer to the truth about Deku." Endeavor said. We were all worried what would happen to him, All Might and eventually Ayatsuru if it came to it.

"I can think of all sorts of different bad scenarios. After all, some of them have already come to fruition." Hawks said.

"I was just thinking..." Mt. Lady started. I fixated my eyes on her. It's strange seeing her so serious-looking. "I wonder why All For One doesn't just announce the truth to the public... He knows about Midoriya and One For All..."

"If he did that, we would use everything we have to keep Deku hidden." Endeavor answered.

"And obviously his plan of destroying Deku and One For All would be ruined. So it's just a matter of who can take the other out first before our own versions of chaos arise." I said.

"On our end, we also won't have any clues unless Deku moves. Police forces and heroes... There just aren't enough of us." Silence followed Endeavor's last sentence. Then his phone beeped. Then another.

"Sorry, that's mine. It's from All Might. What?! Midoriya has made contact with the second assassin... And he immediately defeated him." As much as I was shocked, I smiled.

"I can see why Ayatsuru and Midoriya are friends now."

--

"I don't think it's safe for you or Ayatsuru to be active right now." Mt. Lady told me.

"Why? We're both strong and Ayatsuru's a good asset if we want to defeat All For One. He's already given us information that we would never have gotten without him. And we know he's Tomura's weakness. And the only person I'm aware that isn't subject to my quirk is Dabi. And even if both AFO and Tomura don't respond, I have other ways of fighting you know. I'm pretty good with swords."

"Yeah but do you carry them on you? No. Listen, I think it's for the best." She stopped walking which made me as well.

"Is it because we're possible targets? Yeah, I already know. An escapee tried to assassinate my mother while she was asleep. Orders directly from AFO. I know the risks. But I don't care. You act like I'm some oblivious optimist who has never had a negative thought running through my mind. I have a lot but I keep them in the back of my mind to focus on bigger things. Like innocent lives. I almost quit my job because of pressure but I'm over that. Pressure is what fuels me now. And my family had to endure so much pain from AFO. If there's anyone who should be fighting until their last breath right now, it's me and my family." Me and Mt. Lady stood in silence. I wanted to apologize for my outburst but I had much more to say. "... And if you want Ayatsuru to quit, you might as well kill him. His hatred for AFO runs deeper than anything. I guess it's in Yagi blood to refuse defeat and continue fighting."

"Eiba, like I said-" Mt. Lady tried to speak.

"No! No, I have been in paradise in America. This is- this is nothing like I've ever experienced but it's reality. As much as I wanted to move back, it doesn't change the fact that Japan and soon the whole world will collapse just by the power of one singular man. I've never been one to stand by and watch from the sidelines. No amount of pressure or life threatening situations will change that. As a hero, you should know that. I know you worry, but I'm tougher than I look. I promise." I smiled as I walked away. Then my phone rang. It was Endeavor.