Chapter 44: Sister

"Haha, excuse me?!" I chuckled in disbelief. A sister?!

"She's six years older than you." Mother said.

"Wait, wait, wait, pause. How? How do I have a sister?"

"When me and your father were younger, I got pregnant. I hesitated to tell your father and my parents kept on going on about how irresponsible I was. I didn't know what else to do so I secretly gave birth and put her up for adoption. Six years later, you were born. I was braver and in my parents' eyes, more mature then..." I stared at her in disbelief. I couldn't say anything. "She was adopted by an American couple. I was hoping she wouldn't find me but I knew she would. A few months ago, she showed up at the company and claimed I was her mother. I couldn't deny it. She had my eyes and your father's hair. She was looking for a job so I hired her. Soon she got high enough in the ranks that the company agreed she should be CEO."

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Eiba or 'Eva.' She was a hero in America before moving here. Her hero name is Conscience." I stood there in silence. I had a sister whose name was Eiba and is a hero who has been working for Mother for a few months. How many months? Did this happen while I was gone? She never really talks about work so it could be before.

"I... I don't..." I stuttered.

"I know this... Is unexpected. I don't know why I was so naive to think I wouldn't have to tell you or your father." Mother looked as if she betrayed me. It was a strange feeling. The woman who knows all secrets holding her own. It's... Weird.

"Does he know yet?"

"No, not yet. He's been busy with Midoriya and Bakugo." She looked away.

"I still can't believe this." I stood silently until I heard a phone ring.

"Oh, that's her. Excuse me, I have to take this. It's business related... Hello?" I walked out of the room. It felt awkward. Although she wasn't in the room, it felt awkward.