Chapter 39: The Plan

"There has to be a way I can save Ayatsuru with more help. Me and Tomura could possibly break him free ourselves but with the security Tomura described, I'm afraid that any escape plan would fail." Izuku flopped on his bed while thinking out loud.

"We could walk in like visitors and then Tomura could decay the glass and I could grab Ayatsuru while the both of us run and fight and he could use Teleshield on us... But wait... He wasn't able to use his quirks when I saw him. Which means he's probably lost the ability to use them as quickly as before." Izuku was deep in thought until someone knocked on the door.

"Deku? What are you muttering about?" Uraraka walked in and asked.

"Oh, n-nothing." Izuku frantically replied.

"Whatever it is, it seems really important." She said, obviously wanting to know more. Izuku stared at her in silence until finally speaking.

"Please don't tell anyone. I mean it. My life is on the line." Izuku said.

"I promise I won't." She said and closed the door.

"The only people you can tell are people who would do anything to save Ayatsuru and wouldn't refuse once they figure out who they're working with. And no heroes." Izuku said sternly.

"I already have a few people in mind. Myself included."

"Good. Ayatsuru is in some sort of hospital but instead of healing him, they're turning him into a Nomu." Uraraka gasped.

"A Nomu?!" She whisper-screamed.

"I teamed up with Shigaraki to save him but I can tell we both think we can't do it alone. He seems more prideful that we can do it ourselves though but I want a backup plan incase ours doesn't work." Izuku said.

"With Shigaraki? But he wants you dead."

"He agreed to hold back until Ayatsuru is safe and I agreed not to double cross him until Ayatsuru is safe as well. If I break my promise, I endanger my life. Which is why I need heavily loyal people who won't rat me out or bring a hero. I need someone like Kaminari. Or Bakugo. Maybe even Iida or Todoroki if they see the true danger that is telling Mr. Aizawa or someone."

"And what would we do?" Uraraka asked.

"Just stand far enough away from the entrance and any security and wait until something happens. Me and Shigaraki are still working on the plan. Maybe if we find a way to destroy the electricity, maybe Kaminari could help with that, you all could burst in and help me and Shigaraki." Izuku started muttering again but stopped when he realized Uraraka was still in the room.

"I'll see who I can get. When's the deadline?"

"As soon as next month. That's when visitors are allowed and so security won't be as much of an issue. "

"Two people are allowed visiting but four are allowed each month. Me and you could first visit while two other people fill out a form of visitation unless they've already visited, then they'll just wait a while and then walk in. Once we see the two other visitors, that's when we'll break the glass and get Ayatsuru. If Iida is one of the second visitors, he could just pick up Ayatsuru and run to the exit then flag down the rest while the rest of the visitors fight the staff."

Tomura sat in silence.

"Who do you hope to be the second visitors? If one of them needs to fill out a form, they better do it now and not the day of." He replied.

"I was thinking Iida and Kaminari." Tomura looked at Izuku confused. Hinting he didn't know the names. "Didn't you see them at the Sports Festival? The calf guy and electricity guy."

"Oh, them. Why?"

"Kaminari could get rid of the power so we don't have to worry about lasers and Iida is a very fast runner so he could carry Ayatsuru and run to the exit so he's away quicker."

"Hm. And what about the rest of your classmates? You listed Bakugo, Uraraka, Todoroki, Kirishima, and Jirou. What are their quirks and what could they do? They'll have to be able to fight with or without those quirk cuffs."

"You already know Bakugo. Uraraka can make stuff float including herself, Todoroki can make ice and fire, Kirishima can harden his body and Jirou has earphone jacks as ear lobes and can listen to quiet sounds or make really loud sounds."

"And can they fight with or without the cuffs?"

"Bakugo doesn't give up and is pretty strong although he does rely on his quirk a lot. Kirishima is naturally strong and a loyal person so those cuffs probably won't stop him. Uraraka might not be able to be helpful if she gets cuffed. Todoroki could still possibly be helpful. And with Jirou, we don't know if the cuffs affect physical quirks so she's a guess."

"You've really planned this out. The first is tomorrow. Have they all agreed to help or is this just your ideal team?"

"They've agreed. It was difficult to get some of them since we are working with you, no offense, but they all agreed and are ready to fight."

"Very well." Tomura changed his position in the chair to better face Izuku. "I'll warn you, this isn't the type of rescue mission you did for that Yakuza girl. It's a lot worse. The smallest screw up could get you and all of us killed. Repeat that to your crew. Are you ready?"

"Yes. Anything to save Ayatsuru. He may have done horrible things, like eating Chisaki," Izuku had a small tone of fear while saying the last part but continued speaking strongly. "But that doesn't mean he deserves the brutal treatment he's going through and will continue going through. His situation is difficult to understand, but I know the Ayatsuru in there is not the same Ayatsuru as the one who committed all these crimes... Speaking of which, I have a question for you."

"Shoot." Tomura said.

"You're his brother. Which one is the true him?"

"Both of them. The angry cannibal one is the same one who shot himself with regret and guilt. Shall I tell you the full story?"

"Please." Izuku looked at Tomura intensely. He kind of forgot who he was talking to. In the moment he saw Tomura as his friend's brother and not his own killer.

"When we were growing up, Ayatsuru saw All Might as a hero and an inspiration so when Mother told him he had abandoned him, he resented him. Anger fueled him. Master took advantage of that and used him as one of his underlings. He had him join UA. and win the hearts of everyone there so he wasn't suspected when anything sketchy happened. And he wouldn't be blamed for All Might's death and his successor's." Izuku looked at Tomura with wide eyes.

"Ayatsuru intended on killing me and All Might?"

"Yeah. Unfortunately for Master, Mother regretted raising Ayatsuru into being All Might's murderer or at least an accomplice so she removed every good memory of me and Master and every bad memory of All Might from his mind. Toga eventually gave him a serrum that gave those memories back and then after a while, Mother did it again. Then the memories and feelings all came back again but this time just naturally and then the events of him shooting himself to now followed. He's always been both but just never this extreme. I think with Mother erasing his memories, the difference between the 'pure' Ayatsuru that she made and the 'evil' Ayatsuru that Master had made just clashed so much it angered each side and he couldn't handle it. They both ruined him. Unintentionally and intentionally." Tomura looked at Izuku who was deep in thought.

"Don't worry. His feelings for you were probably genuine. Now let's go and get ready before he loses the ability to even have feelings." Tomura got up and gestured for Izuku to as well so they could both prepare to save Ayatsuru.