Chapter 31

2 Months Later..

Haley's P.O.V

I grabbed my laptop off of my desk and crawled back into bed. I began checking my email and saw a new one from UCLA. Am I really getting an email from a college? I haven't even applied for any! I quickly clicked on the email and read it. Interview? They want me to go to their school? I looked over to Adam, who was sleeping, and began thinking about the future. California... Adam and I.. But what about Emily? California's so far away, practically half way across the country.. And Jamie.. I can't just leave her like that. I knew if I was talking to Adam, he'd say something like, ''this is your future we're talking about'' or ''you can't just sit around and do nothing with your life''. But.. do I really want to leave my hometown?..

I pushed the thought away and closed the laptop. "Mhm.. You're awake already?", Adam mumbled. "Go back to sleep Adam", I say, placing a kiss on his cheek. He smiled, "How am I supposed to sleep when you're already kissing on me?" "Shut up", I laughed, "and go back to sleep." "Whyyyy", Adam whined, pulling me back down next to him. "Adam! NOOOOO!!", I squealed as he started tickling me. "Stop!!" I could hear him laughing, which only made things worse. Finally, he stopped.

I breathed heavily and glared at him. Adam grinned, "Sorry, but you know how much I like tickling you.." "But I don't like it..", I pouted. "Maybe not, but I know what you do like", he smirked, then started kissing my neck.

"A-Adam! It's only 8 a.m.!", I stuttered. "So?", he mumbled into my shoulder. "And Emily's just down the hall..", I reminded him. Sighing, Adam stopped kissing me. "Sorry babe", I winked and got out of the bed. "You can't keep teasing me like this, you know?", he called as I shut the bathroom door. His comment put a smile on my face, and I shook my head and started brushing my teeth.

When I went downstairs I saw Adam standing in the kitchen cooking. "What's the occasion?", I asked curiously. He shrugged, "No occasion." "You sure?" "Yeah." Then, my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" "Haley!", Jamie shouted through the phone, "Check your emails! You got on from UCLA!!" My eyes widened, "How did u know my password?" "That's not important right now! We should be celebrating!", she shouted. Adam look over at me and asked what was going on. I waved my hand in dismissal and walked out of the room.

"I can't right now Jamie.. I haven't told anyone yet. You shouldn't even know!" "Ohh.. when are you going to tell Adam?", Jamie asked. "Soon.. but I already know what he will say.. And Emily.. and California's so far away.. I don't know what to do Jamie", I sighed. "How about you come over and we'll talk about it?" I nodded, "Okay.. I'll see u soon, bye."

"What was all that about?", Adam asks as I reentered the kitchen. "Oh nothing. Just a good sale or something on one of my emails.. By the way I'm gonna be gone a few hours, because Jamie wants to talk to me about the baby or whatever." He nodded, "Okay. Let me know when you're headed home." "Yes, dad", I smirked. Adam rolled his eyes, "Bye."

Jamie's P.O.V

As I sat on the couch, waiting for Haley to come over, I felt the baby start kicking. "You okay Jamie?", Levi asked, walking into the living room. "Yeah", I nodded, "Just thinking about the baby, that's all." "One more month and he'll be here..", he smiled. "I know.. I can't believe time has gone by so fast." "Me either.. But anyways, I'm gonna get outta here before Haley comes over. I know you and her will want to be alone and talk. Love you babe." Levi leaned down and kissed my forehead. "Love you too." As Levi walked out the door, Haley entered.

I stood up from the couch and gave her a big hug. "You look amazing", Haley says. "Thanks, but I'm getting miserable!", I laughed. "I bet." "Anyways, let's talk about you", I say. She nodded, "Well, as you now know, UCLA wants me to have an interview with them.. And I don't know if I should try and get in, or I should just look for a college closer to home.." "Well.. it is a good school, and plus, you'll be able to live in LA!" Haley sighed, "Yeah, but what about you and Levi? And I know Emily probably won't want to leave.." "Me and Levi will be fine! As long as you visit every once in a while, we will be okay. And Emily, maybe you can convince her to go." "And what if she doesn't want to go?" "Maybe you can get her to stay with someone", I suggested. "Yeah.. I just don't want her to feel abandoned."

"She won't feel like that, Haley.. You should just talk things out, and see where it goes." We continued talking for a while, and she decided to take my advice. "Okay, well I'm gonna go talk to them and see what they say.. Thanks for all the help, really.. it's a great feeling to know I can depend on someone to always be there for me", Haley says. I smiled, "Of course. I'll always be here for you." I wrapped her into a hug.

Then, Haley started laughing. "What?", I asked. "I can't hug you normally anymore because of your belly", she replied with a smile. "I know.. Imagine trying to have sex like this!" "Jamie!", Haley slapped my arm, "You don't have to tell me everything that goes on behind the scenes!" "Haha.. That's why you love me though!" "Yeah I guess.. Now I gotta go! There's places to be, people to see!",Haley said, grabbing her bag and heading to the door. "Okay whatever. Bye!"

Haley's P.O.V

I went back home and immediately asked Emily to come talk to me in my room. Adam didn't ask why, but I could tell he was eager to know what was going on. Honestly, I just wanted to get this whole thing over with.. "What's up?," Emily asked, sitting down on my bed. "Well.. I got an email earlier from a college out in California.. and they want me to come and do an interview." "Okay.. and?" "And if I'm accepted to go there, I won't be able to live here anymore", I breathed. "Oh," Emily sighed, "But I don't want to move away.. My friends are here.. My school." "I know," I say, "But honestly I don't know what else you could do.." "What if I stayed with a friend or something? Oh! What about I stay with Aiden's mom?" I was a bit caught off guard by her statement. "You'd be okay with me moving across the country and you staying here?" Em shrugged, "Yeah.. I guess. I mean, I'll miss you a lot, but you'll come back and visit won't you?" I nodded, "Of course I will." "Well then yeah, I'll be okay. And I'm old enough to realize you gotta go to school to make good money so.." I stared at her a moment, examining her expression, and she did seem completely okay with it. "Alright then.. I'll let you know if there's anymore news about it, okay?" "Okay," she smiled and hugged me. Before I knew it, she had gone out of the room and down the hallway. I sighed in relief and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Hey," Adam says, appearing in the doorway. "Hey," I replied with a faint smile. "So, you talked to Emily.. Are you going to talk to me about whatever it is, too?," he asks. I nodded and began explaining. Once I was finished, Adam looked at me expressionless, then his lips curved into a smile. "Wherever you go, I go with you." "You'd go to California with me?," I asked. "Well yeah.. I lost you once, and I'm not going to let that happen again. Where you are is where I want to be." "This is why I love you." "I know," Adam smiled, and pulled me in for a kiss.