Chapter 21

As I woke up, I found nothing but messy bed sheets beside me. I stretched and grabbed my underwear off the floor, putting them on. Then, the closest thing was Adam's button up, so I put that on too. Walking out of the bedroom, I stopped as I saw Adam sitting at the table, drinking coffee and reading the paper. I smiled, walking up to his chair and wrapping my arms around him, lightly kissing the side of his neck.

''Hi'', I said. ''Morning'', he said, putting down the paper. I released him from my grasp as I walked over to the coffee machine, pouring some for myself. ''How'd you sleep?'', Adam asks. I nodded, ''Good, you?'' ''Better than I have in months'', he smiled, watching as I sat down beside him. I sipped on my coffee, placing one leg over the other and sitting back in my chair, not bothering to take my eyes off of him. ''Never knew you read the paper'', I said as he began observing it again. ''Well.. I quit stripping, so I gotta look for a new job.'' ''You quit?'', I asked. He nodded, ''I wanted to be able to sleep with you at night... and it didn't feel right having someone else's hands on me but yours.'' I smiled, ''By the way.. your glasses still make you look like a teacher.'' He laughed, ''I haven't worn them since before I left. I guess I just wore them for you.'' ''You need to wear them anyway.. Doesn't it ever get annoying using contacts?'', I asked. He nodded, looking down at the paper, ''All the time.''

I still stared, not able to help myself.. He was just so attractive! ''I like your 5-day shadow, by the way'', I smirked. ''Thank you.. And I like how you look in my shirt'', he said with a smile. I rolled my eyes and got up from the table, ''I'm gonna go shower.'' ''Can I come?'', he asked with an innocent, yet michevious look in his eyes. I raised a brow and crossed my arms. He got up from his seat, walked over to me and placed his hands on my waist. ''No'', I said, returning the same michevious look. He grunted, ''Fine'', then walked off. I laughed and went off to the bathroom.

Levi's P.O.V

I sighed as I laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling. I looked over to the side Jamie always slept on, and felt miserable. I slowly got up, and trudged out of the bedroom to see Aiden sitting on the couch, watching TV. We haven't been on the best terms lately.. Every word out of his mouth is slurred, probably because he's drunk half the time I see him. When I do see him, it's only for a few minutes. He's always too busy doing something else. Whether it's going to meet his slut or going to the pub, he never has time to talk, or stick around long enough for him to sober up and carry on a decent conversation.

''I'm leaving soon'', I said suddenly. ''Why?'', he asked. ''To get Jamie back'', I replied. He laughed, ''It's no use. Want a drink?'' ''No. No I don't. Atleast I'm trying to fix my problems instead of drinking mine away!'' I slapped his beer out of his hand, where it spilled out on the floor. He looked up, eyes full of rage. He stood up from the couch quickly, shoving me against the wall, holding my throat with his hand. ''Don't ever mention her.. or anything about her!'', he warned. I pushed him back, ''You can't keep her out of your head forever. Sooner or later, the alcohol won't help get over her.. You'll have to do it yourself.'' ''Levi'', he growled, ''Get out.'' I raised my hands in the air, and went out of the room, knocking over some stuff in the process.

Aiden's P.O.V

God. Levi, reminding me of her once again. Can't he just shut up for once?! I looked at the empty beer cans on the floor and sighed, then pushed the remaining ones off into the floor aswell. I don't need her, I don't. I have other things to worry about.. I'm doing just fine without her, so who is he to call me out on drinking? It's what I want to do, and that's what I will do.

I paced back and forth, trying to figure out what to do, where to go. So, I decided to go see Shayla.. Surely she'd be able to distract me. As I walked up to her sorority house, she suddenly came rushing out, carrying her fancy purse and putting in some earrings. ''Oh hey.. Um, what are you doing here? It's not Friday'', she said, sounding sort of caught off guard. ''I wanted to see you'', I said. ''Can it wait? I have somewhere I need to be.'' I put my hands on my hips in frustration, ''And where would that be?" She finished putting in her earrings and fixed her hair a little, ''I'm going to see Zack, you know, my boyfriend?'' I grunted, ''Whatever Shayla...'' ''I'll call you later, okay baby?'', she asked sympathetically. I nodded, and she kissed my cheek before walking away.

Levi's P.O.V

I sat in my truck, staring at the picture of Jamie in my wallet. I don't know why I'd kept it in there, but I saw it as a sign of hope. I was determined to find her and get her back. I was ready to swallow my pride and step up, take that responsibility, and be a good dad. As I put the key in the ignition and turned it, I put the truck in reverse and pulled out of the parking lot, speeding off down the road.

A few hours later and I was back home. I looked at my phone, thinking maybe I should call her, but I stopped myself, deciding the element of surprise might be the best way to go. On my way to her house, I managed to stop and get a bouquet, thinking it would help smooth things over. I pulled into her driveway and suddenly got nervous, noticing my sweaty palms. Pushing aside those feelings, I got out of the truck and walked up to her door, carrying the bouquet of flowers in my hand. I knocked on the door and waited, but there was no answer. I turned around, seeing her car in the driveway and fished out my key to her house. Once inside, I looked to see if she was anywhere around. Without any luck, I went up the stairs and to her bedroom. Still nothing. Then, I heard coughing and gagging, and I ran to the bathroom.

I busted through the door to see Jamie on the floor, throwing up uncontrollably into the toilet. I rushed to her, dropping the flowers as I pulled back her hair. ''Levi?'', she asked, wiping her mouth on the sleeve of her hoodie. ''I'm sorry'', I said, pulling her into my arms. Next thing I know, she's sobbing into my shirt. ''Please forgive me.. for everything.. I'm so sorry, Jamie'', I begged her. ''Shut up'', she said, pressing her lips onto mine. As we kissed, I could feel her warm tears falling onto my cheeks, and when we pulled back, I used my thumbs to wipe them off.

''So.. Does that mean you forgive me?'', I asked. She laughed through her remaining tears, ''Yes.'' I smiled and hugged her tightly, still not bothering to get off of the floor. So, we sat there for a while, held in eachother's embrace, until we finally decided to get up and go downstairs. For the first time in a few weeks, I could see that things were going to be okay.