Chapter 4

After we ate, we headed back to Aiden's house.

"Man, I'm tired", Aiden yawns. "Me too", I say. "Me three!", Em says. So while Aiden and Emily sat down on the couch, I went off to Aiden's room to change into my pajamas. I put on some black sweatpants and a tight fitting tank top. Then, I took off my makeup and put my hair up.

When I came back to the living room I saw Em asleep with her head on Aiden's shoulder. "She's asleep already?", I say. "Yep. She passed out as soon as we sat down", he says with a smile. "Well I'll take her to bed", I say, reaching down and picking her up.

Aiden's P.O.V

"So, what should we watch?", Haley says, sitting down beside me. " I don't know.. you pick", I say, handing her the remote. "What about 21 Jump Street?", she suggests. "Sounds good."

While watching the movie, I decided to get up and get some snacks. I ended up coming back to the couch with 3 bags of chips, 2 containers of cookies, a few sodas, and a bowl of popcorn. "Is this enough?", I ask Haley. "Yeah", she laughed.

At the end of the movie we realized we had ate all the snacks and drank all of the sodas in the fridge, but we didn't care. "It's been nice hanging out like we used to", Haley says. "Yeah. It's been hard to get together lately", I say. "I get it though... You have football and stuff, so I understand that you don't have a lot of time anymore", she says. I watched her smile fade away, and it made me feel guilty. She is my bestfriend, and I should spend more time with her, but sometimes I just can't.. "I'm sorry", I whispered to her. She nodded, "It's okay."

The next morning when I woke up, I realized that Haley and I had fallen asleep on the couch. I looked down at her head rested on my shoulder and her arm draped over my chest. She looked absolutely stunning with her blonde hair shining in the sunlight. I had never realized how amazingly beautiful she was. What's going on with me? I thought. Why all of a sudden am I feeling this way about her? I suddenly snapped back into reality as she started awakening, too. 

''How long was I out?'', she mumbled and brushed the hair off her face. ''I don't know.. I just woke up'', I replied. Then, she slowly sat up and smiled at me. ''What is it?'', I ask. ''Your hair'', she began, ''Is a complete mess.'' I ran my fingers through my hair, attempting to somewhat fix it. ''Better?'', I smirked, and she nodded. 

''Haley...What are condoms?'', Em says, carrying a box over to us. How did she find those? ''Oh.. Those are Aiden's.. Why don't you ask him?'', Haley smirks at me. I shot Haley the 'what should I say' look, and she just laughed. ''Well.. what are they?'', Em asks me. ''Well.. um.. they're... gloves... for your feet?'', I say uneasily. ''OH! That explains why they were in your sock drawer'', she says. ''Well why don't you go put them back where you found them. It's not good to take other people's stuff; I told you that'', Haley says to her. ''I know'', Emily grumbles and then walks off to go put them away.

For a moment Haley and I sat there in silence, and then we bursted out in laughter. ''I guess I'm gonna have to find a better place to put them'', I chuckled. ''Oh please. Like you ever use them'', she says. ''You'd be suprised'', I bragged. She rolled her eyes and punched me in the arm. ''Hey! Easy on the guns'', I say, rubbing my bicep. She laughed and walked off to the kitchen, followed by Emily.