Chapter 23

(Still Haley's P.O.V)

''Adam.. stop'', I smiled sleepily, feeling his hand trail up my thigh, to my hip. He grunted, ''Sorry.. It's a habit I guess.'' ''Yeah, I remember.. You'd always be touching my thighs every chance you got.'' It was true, actually. He had amazing self control, but that didn't mean he didn't like touching me and making me feel crazy. He can be such a tease.

As I rolled over, I draped my arm around him. He looked down at my lips, then back to my eyes. I got the message and kissed him. I could feel his desperation, and I pulled back, thinking I could tease him just as well. I smirked and rolled out of bed, strutting out of the room and down the stairs.

I unhooked my phone from its charger and texted Jamie, asking if we could meet up for coffee at Starbucks. I was in need of a good mocha frappuccino. Then, I heard Adam walking down the stairs, and I looked to see him running his fingers through his messed up hair with a smirk on his face. As he sat down at the kitchen table, Em came running down the stairs, seemingly in a rush.

''Going somewhere?'', I asked her. ''Oh, yeah.. I'm going to go to the mall with Mandy and her mom. Is that okay?'', she asked. ''Um.. I guess. Just be back home by 4, okay?'' She nods, ''Kay. I'll see ya later, love you'', she gave me a hug and went out the front door, walking to the car. I sighed, feeling a little upset that her and I didn't spend as much time together as we used to. I've just been busy, and she hasn't waited for me to start her life..

''She's growing up'', Adam commented, ''She's not the same little girl I remembered her to be.'' I nodded, ''I know, I know. You don't always have to remind me of those things, you know'' ''Sorry'', he said, smiling slightly. I looked down at my phone, and saw Jamie had replied. Meet her there in 15 minutes, got it. ''Well, I'm gonna go clean up a bit. Jamie and I are going to go get some Starbucks. Want me to bring you back something?'', I asked. He shook his head, ''Nah.. I'll be alright.'' ''Okay, suit yourself'', I shrugged and went back up the stairs to change.

Once I'd cleaned up, I got my stuff together and left the house. When I arrived at Starbucks, I saw Jamie's car in the parking lot, so I got out and went inside. I walked up to the counter and ordered my frappuccino, then went to our usual table where she was sitting there, scrolling on her phone. ''Oh, hey!'', she smiled happily. ''Hi'', I said, sitting down, ''How are you?'' ''I'm great! I mean, I'm engaged to the man of my dreams, so I'd call that a success'', she says. I laughed, ''Yeah. Seems like it would be.'' Before I got another word in, she started talking. ''Okay. So we're going to Vegas Friday, will you and Adam please come? I want you to be my maid of honor!'' ''Really?'', I ask. She nods, excitement in her brown eyes. I smiled, ''Yeah. We'll be there.'' She practically leaped over the table and hugged me, ''Oh, I'm just so happy, aren't you?'' ''Haha, yeah. Only I thought your wedding day would be a little later in life.'' ''Well, either way, it will be amazing!''

2 Days Later...

''Adam! Wake up, we have a plane to catch'', I said, walking out of the bathroom in a towel. He rubbed his eyes and sat up, noticing me. After looking me over, he slowly got out of the bed and grabbed our bags. ''I'll go put this in the car'', he yawned, taking them out of my bedroom. I rushed to put on some clothes and blow dry my hair, which I ended up putting in a pony tail. I put on some makeup, too, and decided I was ready to go.

When we arrived at the airport, I felt really hyper for some reason. We met up with Levi and Jamie and followed them onto the plane, where Adam and I found our seats together. He let me sit by thew window so that I could look out. It was my first time on a plane, and it fascinated me. I thought I would've been more nervous, but I was really too excited to get to Las Vegas to care. While Adam slept, I was busy eating the little packets of peanuts and playing on my phone to notice much else. I looked back to the seats behind us to see Jamie and Levi both asleep, with Jamie's head on Levi's shoulder. They're so cute, I thought and went back to scrolling through Instagram.

Apparently, I must've too, fallen asleep because I woke up to Adam nudging me. ''What is it?'', I asked. ''We're gonna be landing soon'', he replied. Within minutes, we had done just that. Thankfully, I hadn't freaked out or anything like that. We all got our bags and started walking out of the airport, suddenly feeling the warm, humid air hitting us as we stepped outside.

Immediately, I started removing my hoodie I'd been wearing. "Save the stripping for the bedroom, Haley", Jamie said, and I frowned. Adam let out a laugh and I gave him a death stare, too. "Well, let's go get us some rental cars and get out of this heat!", Levi said, and we all agreed, following him to the rental car dealership. Levi and Jamie got a dark blue mustang, and Adam and I got a black Jeep Wrangler, just like his back home. Once we got our bags stuffed into the cars, we all got in our cars and headed to the hotel.

Turns out, our "hotel room" was more like a penthouse. "How much did you spend on this?", I asked Jamie, still looking around awe. "A couple hundred a night. It was surprisingly cheap!", she replied with a smile. "Wow..", I mumbled and carried my bags throughout our room. On one end of the penthouse was one bedroom, and the other end was another bedroom. They both looked the same, with a large king sized bed, a flat screen TV, and a balcony over looking the Vegas Strip.

"Oh, by the way, there's hot tubs in the bathrooms", Levi called from their bedroom. I rushed into the bathroom to see there was a hot tub in there! I was like a kid in a candy store running around like I was. It was just so amazing experiencing all the luxuries Vegas had to offer.

"We'll be using that later", Adam smirked as he put some of the folded clothes into the large dresser. I returned a smirk, "Definitely." A smile spread across his face as I headed back out of the bedroom, into the main room. I sat down on the long, white couch and then laid down, realizing how incredibly comfortable it was.

"How ya like it?", Jamie asked, suddenly plopping down beside me. "It's amazing", I sighed. "Haha, I know right?!" "So.. are we gonna sit around here and talk all day or go and explore Vegas?", Levi asked, interrupting our conversation. "Explore Vegas", I replied confidently. Getting off the couch, I joined Adam, who was waiting at the door. Then, we all set out on our adventure.