Chapter 13

As we rode in the car to the club, Jamie noticed my excitement. "You still have feelings for him, don't you?", she says. I sighed, "It's good to see him again. I loved him Jamie.. You'd know that better than anyone." She nodded, "I know.. I remember how bad it was when he left. I saw how much it killed you to go on without him." "Don't remind me", I say.

When Jamie pulled into the parking lot, both of us got out and walked to the entrance. The bouncers checked our "IDs" and let us in. At first, Jamie and I stayed at the entrance, looking around for Adam. "Should I even be here?", I asked Jamie miserably. "Yeah, why not? You and Aiden are over, and you're just having a distraction", she smiled, "Now, let's go find Adam and get me a lap dance from one of his friends." I laughed, "What about Levi?" "It's girls night, he doesn't have to know about what we do!" I followed her to a table and sat down. We ordered a few beers and waited.

"Hey! You guys made it", Adam smiled as he walked up to the table. "Yeah", I smiled back. He was still fully dressed, so the show must not be starting yet. "Hey, whenever the show starts, tell one of your hot friends to come dance for me, kay?", Jamie says. "Okay, but not the whole show. I gotta get some time in for my girl, right?", he smirked at me. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I guess", Jamie said. After Adam walked off, our drinks arrived, so we each took a few sips.

"Are you excited?", Jamie asks me. "Yeah.. I just don't know why I'm so nervous", I sighed. "Hey, don't think about it! Just have fun, okay?" I nod, "Okay."

By the time the show started, the whole club was filled with a bunch of people. I scanned my eyes over each guy until I could tell who was Adam. It was easy to find him, considering his build was more muscular and defined than the other guys. He had on black pants, a white button up and a black bowtie. I bit my lip, and stopped the worrying. As the show continued, guys started giving girls lap dances. By this time, Id had enough drinks to be tipsy, and I knew I'd need the alcohol by the time Adam got over here. After Adam's friend left, he came over, with half of his clothes off now. My eyes looked him over, and I couldn't resist running my hand up his abs as he danced. Surprisingly, things weren't awkward at all. He always had the stripper vibe to him, but he was better than I thought. When my dance was sadly over, I took another drink of my beer and went to the bathroom. I touched
up my makeup and fixed my hair a bit better before going to the bar.

"Hey", Adam says, sitting on the barstool beside me. "Shift over already?", I asked. He nodded, "Yeah. 2 shots of tequila, bartender." I watched as he gave one of the shots to me. "You remembered?", I say. "Well yeah.. It's hard to forget a girl like you, Haley", he grinned. He always had a way with his words.. "Well I'll buy your next shot, since I forgot to tip you for that dance", I smirked. But, I had a way with words, too. He took his second shot and started talking more.

"So, about yesterday.. Who's the lucky guy that made you mad?", he asked. "Why would you even want to know?" "We're friends, right? And we've always been able to talk about stuff like that." "He doesn't matter at the moment", I said, looking at him. He nodded, "Explains why you're here with me." "Exactly.."

After a couple more hours, Jamie and I met back up and went back home. She dropped me off and went on to her house. I was finally alone, just me, and it felt good. I went up the stairs and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I sat on my bed, watching the Walking Dead and stuffing my face with ice cream.

Thoughts of Aiden and Adam ran through my mind. The good and the bad. Aiden.. ugh. It's terrible thinking about anything from our relationship. Atleast Adam never hurt me as much as Aiden...

As I turned on my phone, I saw no notifications from Aiden, which surprised me. I sat it back down on the nightstand, along with the empty pint of ice cream. Then, I settled into bed and went to sleep.