Chapter 12

Haley's P.O.V (Sunday Night)

As I checked on Emily for the last time, I began to wonder what it would be like sleeping alone tonight. I had became so used to Aiden beside me that it took hours to ever get comfortable. I guess part of my restlessness could be because of the fact school was starting again tomorrow. A part of me wondered if Aiden was suffering this restlessness, too. I looked over at the clock to see it was 3 am and I shook my head in disappointment. After another 20 minutes, I got up out of bed and walked down the stairs.

I opened up the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water and took a few sips. I sighed, wishing I could sleep, but I knew there was no way that would happen. So, I dug through the cabinets, searching for some sleep medicine. Of course, there weren't any left. I trudged back up the stairs and crawled into bed, stuffing a pillow under the blankets against me. After some more hours of tossing and turning, I had finally managed to fall asleep.

The next morning, I woke up to my alarm buzzing extremely loud. I slapped the snooze button as quick as I could and fell back asleep. Moments later, I heard my bedroom door open quickly and then someone sat beside me. "Wake up, Haley..", someone's voice said in my ear. I flicked open my eyes, immediately knowing it was Aiden.

"What the heck are you doing here?", I say, pushing the strands of hair out of my face. "I came to surprise you and give you a ride to school", he smiled. "Ugh.. okay. I'll get up in a minute. Is Em awake?", I say, pulling the covers over my shoulders. "Yeah, she's getting ready I think", he replied. I nodded and shut my eyes.

He remained quiet for a minute, to let me rest as long as I could. "Come here", I say, not bothering on opening my eyes. Then, he laid down beside me. Just having him lay there was instantly calming. So we laid there a few more minutes, then he got up and forced me awake.

While he was downstairs doing whatever, I was getting ready. After showering, I blow dried my hair and quickly straightened it. Then, I put on a pair of dark high waisted jeans, some black converse, and a neon pink Victoria Secret crop top that read in black letters, "I love PINK". After that, I sprayed on my perfume and went downstairs.

"Hey, I made some breakfast..", Aiden says as I entered the kitchen. "I see that", I smiled, observing the scrambled eggs and bacon. "It's good, too!", Emily says, stuffing her mouth with food. "Okay then.. I guess I'll have to try it then", I say, pulling a plate out of the cabinet. After putting the food on the plate, Aiden and I both sat down at the table and started eating, too.

"Wow, this is good. You never told me you could cook", I say to Aiden. "Well yeah.. I thought it could come in handy sometime", he smiled while winking. I blushed slightly and continued eating.

"So Em, how's things with Logan?", I ask, wanting to make conversation. "Going good! Today's our 2 week anniversary! I wonder what he got me this time", she squeaks. I looked at Aiden and rolled my eyes. "Well, good for you then", I say. "Speaking of love lives, are y'all finally dating yet?", she says. I looked over at Aiden..he can answer this one. He cleared his throat, "Actually, we are." Her reaction was a bit different from what I'd expected. She was so happy that she jumped out of her chair and hugged us both.
"Ugh, finally! I knew you guys would end up together sometime", she says, "now let's go!"

School was horrible! Absolutely horrible. Boring, tiring, everything was terrible. All the teachers were moody, and I honestly couldn't blame them because everyone kept talking and talking. After the last class, as I shoved some books in my locker, Aiden walked up to my locker, carrying his football equipment.

"First day back at practice, huh?", I say, shutting the locker door. "Sadly. It's gonna suck", he sighed. "Well, good luck", I say. Then I stood up on my tip toes and kissed his cheek. Yes, he's that tall compared to me. What can I say? A girl who's 5"2 is no comparison to a guy that's probably 6"1.