Chapter 3

''Hey, are we still going over to Aiden's house later?'', Em asks, busting through my bedroom door. ''Yeah.. just let me finish this homework'', I say. ''Come on. You can do it at Aiden's house! I wanna go see him!'', she squeals. ''Em. I need to get this done. It's due Monday.'' ''Exactly. You have 2 days to finish it! LETS GO ALREADY!'' After another 10 minutes of her rant, I finally got frustrated, so we headed over to his house.

When we got there, I knocked on the door and waited for Aiden to open it. "Come on in!", Aiden yells from inside. Before I could open the door, Em grabbed the handle and pushed it open. "AIDEN!" Em yells and ran to him. She gave him a big hug as he picked her up. "Haley has homework, and she needs your help", Emily says to him. "I never said that", I say, shooting Emily a look. "Actually, I have some questions on the homework from Mr. Dugar, so we can help eachother", Aiden says, flashing Em a smile. So, I agreed and followed Aiden out to his backyard. We'd always do our homework together under the big oak tree.

Aiden's P.O.V

For about 10 minutes we sat in silence, working on homework. "Hey, you know Levi?", Haley says, breaking the silence.  ''Yeah, why?'', I say. The words came out wrong. It sounded like I was jealous, and maybe I am... Why would she be asking about Levi? These thoughts flooded out of my head as she started talking again. ''Well.. Jamie kinda has a thing for him. Can you talk to him about her and see what he says?'', she asks me. ''Yeah, sure...'', I reply, letting out a short sigh of relief. I know how Levi is, and I just don't think they'd be good together. 

Haley's P.O.V

I sat there examining Aiden's facial expression, trying to figure out what he was thinking. It has always been hard  figuring out his thoughts.

''Will you hurry up and finish already?'', Aiden teases. I rolled my eyes, ''If you think you'd get it done faster, you do it!'' He laughed and started climbing up the tree. ''What are you doing?'', I say with a smile on my face. ''Im climbing the tree'', he chuckles, ''Come up here with me!'' ''No!'', I laughed. ''Come on, Haley. You need to just have fun and stop worrying.'' ''I guess you're right'', I admit. Then, I sat down my pencil and started up the tree.

''I'm not wearing the right shoes for this!'', I say, looking down at my Bobs. ''So?'' As I put my foot on another branch, I suddenly slipped and started to fall. Then, I felt Aiden's arm wrap around my waist and pull me up to him. ''Are you okay?'', he says. I nodded and realized how close we were. Our chests were both pressed together, with our eyes locked on eachother. Aiden's eyes looked down at my lips and he started leaning in. When our lips almost touched, both of us heard Emily call from the house. ''Haley! Aiden! Come make me some food!'', Em yells. We both pulled back quickly and got down from the tree.

What just happened? I thought to myself. I could tell Aiden was thinking that too. ''Finally you guys came in! I'm starving!'', Emily says, running up to us. ''Okay, well let's fix you some food then!'', Aiden laughs. They both went off to the kitchen and started making some food. I then grabbed my phone out of my pocket and called Jamie.

As soon as she picked up the phone, I started talking. ''Aiden and I almost kissed'', I say quickly. ''WHAT?!'', she yells, ''How? When?'' ''A few minutes ago.. We were climbing the tree in his backyard, I almost fell, and he caught me. I don't know what came over me.. We just both started leaning in.. If it weren't for Em, we would've kissed'', I tell her. ''Oh my gosh.. What did he say after it happened?'' ''He didn't say anything.. We just both pulled back and went in the house'', I reply. ''Okay, here's what you do. Act like it never happened. If he brings it up, then you talk about it. ONLY IF HE BRINGS IT UP'', she repeated. ''Okay...'' After talking a few more minutes, we both hung up.

''Haley! Get in here!'', Aiden yells jokingly. ''Whaaaat'', I say, trudging into the kitchen. ''Em's being mean'', he pouts playfully. ''Am not!'', Em says. ''Are too!'' ''Okay, okay. What's the problem?'', I say. ''She keeps calling me stupid'', Aiden says. ''Hahaha'', I laughed, ''Good job Em.'' ''Thank you sis'', she says, flipping her hair. 

''OK. So what are we gonna eat?'', I ask. ''I don't know. There's nothing good to eat here'', Aiden says. ''LET'S GO GET PIZZA!'', Emily yells excitedly. ''Alright. Pizza it is'', I say. So, Aiden grabs his keys and we head to the pizza place.