Chapter 29

Haley's P.O.V

It's been a week since Aiden's left, and from what I hear, he's doing better. As for Adam and I, we worked everything out the other night and things are going as smoothly as usual. Jamie and Levi are also doing good. Speaking of Jamie, she's coming over in about an hour to take me with her to her yoga classes. She says it's ''good for the baby'', but honestly, I'm not really wanting to go.

''Haley! Can you come here a minute?'', I hear Em call from her room. I sighed miserably, still trying to wake up, and got up to see what was the matter. ''Yeah?'', I asked, poking my head through the door. ''Me and some friends wanted to go play at the playground today.. Is that okay with you?'', she asks. I nodded, ''Yeah.. I'm going to be leaving soon, too, so Jamie and I will just drop you off on our way.'' ''Okay, thanks.'' She walked over and gave me a hug, and I realized she had definitely gotten taller in the last few weeks. She was growing up, and I had been too busy to realize it.

Pushing the dreadful thoughts of Emily growing up, I stepped into my bathroom and turned on the shower. I quickly undressed and got in, letting the hot water fall onto my skin. After another 20 minutes or so, I got out and dried off, wrapping a towel around my body. As I looked at the mirror, I realized it was completely fogged up from my steamy shower, so I wiped it off with my hand. Then, there I was, staring back at myself.

After putting a little bit of makeup, I put up my newly dried hair and went back into my bedroom to grab some clothes. I changed into a pair of black yoga pants with a sea green waist band, a crop top with the Starbucks label on it, and I slipped into my pair of Nike tennis shoes. Just as I finished tying the laces, Adam walked in.

''I like those yoga pants on you'', he smirked while looking me over. I rolled my eyes, ''Shut up.'' He laughed and came over to hug me. Ofcourse, who could deny him? I immediately let him place his arms around me, as I did to him, too. ''I love you'', he said, making me smile. ''I love you, too.'' His lips met with mine, and I stood up on my tip toes to reach him easier. Being short was definitely a blessing and a curse, all at the same time. ''Mhm'', I pulled back from him, ''I gotta go get ready.'' He sighed, ''Fine.. One more kiss?'' I rolled my eyes and kissed him once more, then pulled away to continue getting ready.

Jamie's P.O.V

I pulled back from Levi's kiss and placed my hands on his chest. ''I need to go pick up Haley for yoga'', I said. Then, he pulled me against him and started kissing my neck. ''Stay..'', he mumbled into my skin, ''I want you here, with me for today.'' This had become Levi's attitude lately. All he seemingly wanted to do was get intimate or have our wild make out sessions. I really needed some time away from him.. Just some time for myself.

''Levi.. This is going to be good for me and the baby'', I said, pushing him back, ''Plus, you'll have some time to yourself.'' He sighed, showing he was disappointed. ''I just want us to spend time together, babe..'' ''And we can.. just not now. I really want to go talk with Haley, you know? I miss her so much, and there's just some things that only her and I can talk about.'' He nodded, ''I guess so.. When will you be back?'' ''In a few hours'', I replied, ''Love you baby.'' I pecked his cheek and went out the door and to my car.

About 15 minutes later...

Once I got to Haley's, I texted her and let her know I was here. Soon after, she came out carrying her purse and a water bottle, most likely filled with anything but water. As she got in the car, I playfully asked, ''What's in the bottle?'' She blushed, ''Dr. Pepper... How did you know?'' ''Haley. We've been best friends since 4th grade, I know you better than you know yourself!'', I laughed. She rolled her eyes, ''Whatever.. And I hope you don't mind dropping Em off at the park on the way..'' I waved my hand in dismissal, ''Not at all! You know I love her!'' Haley nodded and smiled, while Emily came out the front door and got in the back seat.

We finally arrived at the yoga place, and I was very surprised at how many other pregnant women were there. Scratch that.. all of them were pregnant women. I looked over at Haley to see how she was reacting to that, but she ignored the awkwardness and laid down her yoga mat.

Once the instructor walked in, she had us all sit down criss crossed. ''Okay, deep breath in'', the instructor said, ''And deep breath out.'' Once we had finished breathing techniques, we started doing yoga. First position was called ''the baby'', and Haley shot me a 'you've got to be kidding me' look as the instructor said it. The pun was pretty bad, after all.

To do ''the baby'' you had to lay flat on your back, then you had to raise up your legs and put them into a criss crossed position, kind of like the way we'd all been sitting at first. We had to hold it for about a minute, making sure to use our breathing techniques. Not even 20 seconds in, my muscles were already aching, and I realized just how long it had been since I'd even stepped foot into the gym. It had been just after I'd gotten pregnant.. 4 months ago. About an hour later, the yoga class was over, and I had to admit, I felt a lot better. I would definitely be back next time.

''Did you like it?'', Haley asks. I nodded, ''Yeah, did you?'' She shrugged, ''It was alright, but nothing like at the gym. I guess I'm just so used to fast-paced workouts..'' ''Makes sense.. And I'm starving! You want to go get some lunch?'' ''Sounds good to me, but you're paying'', Haley smirked. I rolled my eyes, ''Fine.''

We decided to go to the local sub shop and get some sandwiches, something a little healthier than our usual fast food meals. As we sat down at the table, we ordered our drinks. I scanned my eyes over the menu and found that I couldn't decide what I wanted. I took a sip of my drink and slammed it down on the table.

''Haley.. We need to talk'', I said. She looked from her menu, ''Okay..?'' ''Levi's getting clingy.. like, really clingy'', I cringed. ''How?'', she asked. I explained how he's been really touchy, him wanting me to stay in with him all the time, etc. Haley pushed her bangs out of her face, ''Well.. Just tell him you want some time to yourself.'' I sighed miserably, ''It's not always that simple..'' She shrugged, ''It might not be, but would you rather get it off your chest or keep it in and continue letting it happen?'' I didn't want to admit it, but I knew she was right. I did need to talk to Levi about it.

After our lunch, I drove her back home and I went to go do some shopping. I knew that sooner or later, my baby belly would be a lot bigger than it was now, so I needed to get some larger sized clothes. Thankfully, I hadn't gained as much weight as I thought I would have, and the thought of it made me nervous. How would I be able to get that weight off? What if I had to throw out all of my clothes because I couldn't fit in them anymore? I know I was being a little dramatic, but I blamed it on the hormones. If Haley was here, I know she'd say that I'm like this all the time.. and she's probably right.

After spending over my budget, I got in my car and drove back to Levi's house. I was surprised to see that he wasn't here. So, I took my shopping bags and went off to his room, deciding I'd spend this time to myself, relaxing and eating junk food.