Chapter 28

Soon after Aiden left, well so did I. I didn't want to stick around any longer than I had to. I knew that when I got back home that I'd need to figure out a way to tell Adam everything. I just hoped that he wouldn't be too upset with me. I sighed deeply and pushed the keys into the ignition before pulling away and driving down the highway.

Things happened so quickly.. The whole scenario with Aiden flashed back through my mind. The arguing, him pushing me against the wall, then just bursting into tears. I just couldn't understand how I'd pulled those reactions out of him that fast, but I decided not to question how he worked. Aiden was simple, but complicated at the same time.. I guess all in all, everyone can be that way..

About an hour later, I pulled into my driveway and went inside. I didn't notice Adam immediately, but when I did, I saw that he was out on the back porch. I opened the door and hugged him from behind. ''Back so soon?'', he asked. I nodded, ''Yeah..'' ''I missed you'', he said, turning around and holding me in his arms. I sighed and felt my palms get sweaty, ''Adam... We need to talk.'' He looked down at me with confused eyes, ''Am I in trouble?'' ''No.. It's not about you.. Um, it's about Aiden..'', I replied. His expression immediately changed, but I wasn't sure what to. ''I wasn't at Jamie's... I was with Aiden'', I said, ''But nothing happened.. He has been drinking a lot and-'' ''So, you lied to me?'', Adam cut me off. I looked at the ground and nodded, ''Yes.. but I-'' ''Just stop, Haley..'', Adam said, shushing me again. He turned away from me and ran his fingers through his hair.

''Adam'', I placed my hand on his shoulder, but he shook it off. ''Nothing happened!'', I said, ''God, Adam.. Please don't be mad at me..'' He turned around, ''Not be mad at you!? You lied to me and you just expect me to blow it off? How do I know that nothing happened!?'' A tear streamed down my cheek, ''You should just believe me! I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to get hurt...'' I was basically just rambling on and on, and Adam still wasn't believing a word I was saying. I didn't blame him.. He had no way of knowing what really happened.

''I can't do this anymore'', Adam said, breaking the silence. I looked up at him with tear filled eyes, ''What?'' He looked at me, too, ''I just.. I need time to think about this all..'' ''You don't believe me?'', I asked. ''Haley, I don't know what I believe right now..'' He started walking away from me, and I grabbed onto his arm. ''No.. Adam, please don't go'', I pleaded. He got out of my grip and left me there, all alone in the solitude and quietness of the house.

Adam's P.O.V (First One!)

When I got back to my apartment, my mind was going all kinds of places. What really happened? Was Haley telling me the truth? Then, I thought back to when she was begging me to stay. God, was it hard to just leave her there. It's always been so hard to say no to her, but this time, I really had to. I just needed to be alone, to think all of this out.

A part of me said that Haley was telling the truth, and another part of me said, Don't get blind sided, how do you know she's telling you the truth?! But then I thought, She never cheated on me before, so I don't see a reason that she would now.. If she wasn't happy, she would've told me, right? Had I made a mistake leaving?

I hated the feeling of uncertainty.. It was something I'd always tried to run away from, but this was one of the times where I couldn't. Uncertainty would be there, and there was nothing I could do about it.

As I continued pondering my thoughts, I couldn't help wondering how Haley was dealing with this situation. I knew that she was definitely upset with me just leaving like that, but I just had to get away.. I had to clear my head. Something caught my eye, and I realized it was an empty pack of cigarettes sitting on the balcony of someone else's apartment. Immediately, I flashed back to previous times.. When I'd smoked almost 3 packs a week. Haley was the one though, who helped me quit.. I guess we'd both had problems when we met. Haley was dealing with the loss of her parents, and I, well I was just lashing out and rebelling against mine. Somehow, Haley was able to calm me down, and without her I'd probably be in pretty bad shape now.

Haley was the kind of person who's personality immediately attracts you and makes you come back for more. When we first met, I hadn't stopped thinking about her for 3 nights straight. It's embarrassing to admit, but yes, I lost sleep over her many times.

We helped each other out, and somehow managed to stay together for longer than I'd thought. When we first got together, her being 15 and me 18, I thought the relationship probably wouldn't go anywhere.. I'd always doubted our relationship, thinking that all good things must come to an end. I mean, everything in my life has mostly ended that way. But, somehow Haley proved to me that some things don't just end. She showed me that life goes on no matter what. I had definitely made a mistake leaving..

Haley's P.O.V

After Adam left, I broke down crying. I felt like I was losing my mind.. That's when I realized how much I really needed him. Adam wasn't the kind to just leave like that.. But I hurt him more than he could handle I guess..

I ran my fingers through my hair as more tears ran down my cheeks. My mascara was smearing off everywhere, and so was my lipstick. I paced around the house, trying to calm myself down.

"Why can't he just believe me?!", I said to myself, "What have I ever done for him not to believe me?" That's when I heard a knock at the front door. "What now?", I sighed miserably, wiping the remaining tears away. I unlocked and opened the door to see Adam..

"Adam?", I mumbled. "I'm sorry.. For not believing you. If you say nothing happened, then nothing happened", Adam said. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tightly. "I should've told you.. I was just afraid that this would happen.." I felt him take in a deep breath and release it, "People make mistakes.. I've made mistakes, you know that better than anyone.. And all this is.. It's just a misunderstanding." I loved how he sounded so wise sometimes.. I nuzzled my head into his chest and we stood there for a while embracing each other.

Later that night...

"Will you get in bed already? What are you doing in that bathroom anyways?", I heard Adam call from my bedroom. I smiled as I took my hair down from it's pony tail and let it fall down to my waist. When I finished straightening up the bathroom a little bit, I walked back into the room to see Adam laying in bed, flipping the channels on the TV.

"You're getting more impatient as you get older", I said with a smirk. He looked up at me as I rolled down the covers and walked over to my dresser. I was feeling flirtier than usual, so I decided to mess with Adam a little bit. Now was the perfect time, considering I was wearing his favorite booty shorts of mine. I didn't mind showing my body off to Adam because I was so used to him seeing me, and.. Me seeing him. I pulled out some black knee high socks and sat my leg onto the bed seductively.

I could feel his eyes on me as I slowly put them on. "What is it?", I asked innocently, fully acknowledging his staring. He looked from my legs to my eyes. "Nothing..", he replied and placed his gaze back to the TV. As I climbed into bed, I grabbed the remote from his hand and turned the TV off. His eyes immediately looked at my slightly exposed chest, then flicked back up to mine.

"You know.. It was exhausting being away from you..", I said, running my hand down to his abs. I lightly lifted his shirt up a few inches, just enough to show his lower stomach and v-line. I started tracing small circles onto his skin with my index finger. "Haley..", Adam said breathlessly. "Why is this shirt on anyways?", I said with a sensual smile. "Don't tease me", he said, his voice sounding somewhat deeper. It was his 'I want to rip off your clothes' voice.

"What if I'm not?", I asked, looking at him. "Is that an invitation?", he asked, raising a brow. "What do you think?", I smirk. Then, I leaned down and kissed him slowly and passionately. He responded by pulling me on top of him and kissing me with the same passion. As I pulled back, Adam's hands trailed up the sides of my thighs.

"You know.. I've always liked when you wear knee-highs", he said, needing lightly on the cotton fabric of my socks. I smiled and grabbed his hands, intertwining our fingers together. I kissed him once again before we turned out the lights and fell asleep.