Chapter 7

After I picked up Em from school, we all went to the mall to find Jamie something to wear for her date. ''What about this?'', Jamie says, holding up a blue dress. ''It's cute, but it's not really that fancy'', I say. ''Yeah, you're probably right. Em, what do you think?'' ''I think it's cute, but not fancy'', she says, mimicking me. A few more minutes went by with Jamie running in and out of the fitting rooms in a bunch of random dresses. 

Then, she stepped out in a tight purple dress. It was classy, but it also had a bit of sexiness to it. ''It's perfect, don't ya think?'', she asks. I nodded, ''It's the one.'' ''Definitely. You look hot!'', Em pipes in. This made Jamie and I both laugh. ''Okay, let's pay and get out of here'', Jamie says, walking back into the dressing room. She changed, payed, and followed us out the door.

Aiden's P.O.V

''So, you got a date with Jamie, huh?'', I say, smirking at Levi. ''Haha, yeah. It's going to be great'', he says. ''Where are you taking her?'', I ask. ''To that new restaurant downtown. She seems like the kind of girl that likes to be wined and dined.'' ''How'd you figure that out?'' He shrugged, ''I don't know.. She just gives off those kind of vibes I guess.'' I nodded. ''So what's going on with you and Haley?'', he asks. ''Huh?'' ''You always look over at her when we're talking.'' ''Can we just drop it?'', I say. ''I guess.. but just so you know, Parker's had his eye on her for a while now.'' Ofcourse. Parker Hill can talk any girl into bed with him. Doesn't suprise me he's going after Haley now. ''Hey, are you alright?'', Levi asks. ''Yeah, why?'', I say, sounding a bit moodier than expected. Levi stayed quiet for a second, then his eyes brightened. ''You're jealous! Hah! I knew you liked her. Oh man, I bet you want to kill Parker'', he laughs. ''No. He just annoys me, that's all. Haley's my friend, nothing more'', I scoffed. Before he could say anything else, I got my stuff and rushed out of the locker room. On my way to my car, I just happened to bump into Parker.

''Why in such a rush?'', he asks. ''Doesn't matter'', I replied bluntly. I threw my books into my passenger seat and slammed the door. ''Easy man. Who made you mad?'' I could feel my cheeks burning with anger. You should know, I thought, but kept my mouth shut. I knew I had to get out of there before I did something I'd regret. ''Okay.. I see you don't want to talk, but can I ask you a favor? Can you tell Haley I wanna talk to her?'', he asks. That done it. I grabbed his throat and slammed him against my car. ''If you even think about her, I will kill you, and don't forget that'', I growled. I let him go, got in my car, and drove off. 

I slammed my hand against the steering wheel in frustration. Thoughts of her and him together burned my insides. I remembered back to when he would brag to all the guys about those girls. About how he'd ''shown them a good time''. Sure, I'm not a saint, but even the thought of getting with them, making them think you care, and just leaving them makes me sick. He did this all the time. This was his game. Make the girl fall for you, get some, and leave. To think about him laying Haley over made my anger only worse. I wouldn't let that happen, he can be sure of that.

Haley's P.O.V (Friday night)

''Okay, let's get you ready for this date!'', I say as Jamie walks through the front door. ''God Haley, I'm so nervous'', she says. ''You'll be fine! He's going to fall in love'', I smiled. She sighed uneasily and sat down at the vanity in my bedroom. While she fixed her makeup, I curled her hair. Then, she went and changed into her dress, slipping on her fancy heels in the process. I gave her some jewelry and let her use my perfume. ''How do I look?'', she asks. ''Amazing!'', I replied. She took a look in the mirror and stared in awe. ''My hair looks amazing! Thank you for being the bestest friend any girl could ask for'', she says, hugging me. ''Don't make me cry'', I laughed, and she did, too. Then, we saw Levi pull into the driveway.