Chapter 32

(Still Haley's P.O.V)

I woke up the next morning with Aiden on my mind. With Emily's suggestion from last night, and having him in one of my dreams, it seemed inevitable not to think of him. I wonder how he's doing.. I mean, it had been almost 3 months since he's been in rehab, he has to be making some kind of progress, right?Maybe I could go see him.. I think they accept visitors after a certain amount of time.. Ugh, I don't know.. I just want to see him. I need to talk to him about all of this.

I slowly got out of bed and went into the bathroom to get cleaned up. I quickly showered and changed into a pair of shorts, my Nike tennis shoes, and a muscle tee with a neon sports bra under it. After blow drying my hair, I put on some makeup and sprayed perfume. When I stepped out of the bathroom, I saw Adam looking out the window.

"Morning," he says. "Morning.. I was thinking about going to the rehabilitation center today," I blurted out. Adam turned around and looked at me, "Why?" "Just to see how Aiden's doing.. You aren't upset, are you?" "No, sorry.. You just caught me off guard, and I didn't sleep at all last night." "Oh.. I'm sorry," I said as I walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tightly. He leaned back against the wall and wrapped his arms around me, too. "Why don't you go to sleep while I'm gone, and I'll wake you up when I'm back?," I suggested. "Yeah.. Maybe I'll do that.. and when you get home you can get back in bed and who knows what might happen,'' Adam says with his sexy morning voice. I looked up at him and laughed. He smiled and started kissing my neck. "You know how convincing I can be," he mumbled between the kisses. "Yes, I know.. But I need to go, because if I don't go now, I'll never get outta here!" His kisses stopped and he pulled back to look at me. "Be safe, okay?" I nodded, "Promise." I quickly kissed him and exited the room.

As I got into my car, I breathed out heavily and bit my lip. Adam.. why did he have to act that way just out of the blue like that? I shook my head and started the car. Before I knew it, I was pulling into the parking lot of the rehab center. I was actually pretty excited to see Aiden after all this time. I was curious to see how he was doing, to hear of all the news, so on and so forth. I decided to hurry up and go into the building before I began to over think things as usual. After telling the woman at the desk who I was looking for, she told me to take a seat and would let me know if he was available for visitation. A few minutes later, I heard a familiar voice call out my name. "Haley?" I turned around to see Aiden standing there with a smile on his face. Immediately, I jumped up from my seat and hugged him. A laugh escaped his lips as he hugged me back. "How have you been?," I asked anxiously. "Good," he replied, "And you?" I nodded, "Good." His lips curved up again, "Do you care if we talk somewhere a little more private than this lobby?" "Not at all," I chuckled. So, I followed Aiden out of the building and to this park-looking place in the back. We both sat down on one of the benches over looking a small pond.

"This place is beautiful," I say, observing the blooming flowers and trees all around us. Aiden nodded, "Yeah.. I spend most of my free time here. It's a good place to think and reflect." "I could see that," I agreed. "So, um.. Honestly I was surprised to see you.. Why did you come to visit?" "I wanted to see how you were doing.. and I wanted to talk to you I guess," I replied truthfully. "Well, I'm doing pretty good..I've been talking to my psychiatrist and it's really helped with everything.. I mean, I still think about drinking, but not as much as I used to.. I don't feel like I need it like I did before." "When do you think you'll get outta here?" "Soon," he replied optimistically. I smiled at his words.

"Anyways, so what's been going on with you?," he asks. "Well uh, I got contacted by UCLA, crazy I know, and they want me to come in for an interview!" "Whoa really? That's awesome!" "Yeah, but there's kind of a problem with going to a school across the country.. Emily doesn't want to have to move," I say, "And she had suggested that she stay with your mom while I'm gone.. Do you think that would be alright?" "Haley, you know how my mom thinks of you and Emily. I'm sure she wouldn't mind letting Em stay with her while you're in California," Aiden says. "You think so?" "I know so." I nodded, "I guess you're right.." "So how's Jamie and Levi?," Aiden suddenly asked, changing the subject. "Good! They're having a baby boy," I reply with a smile. He chuckled, "I bet Levi loves that.. Me and him used to have talks about the future, and he always said he wanted a son.. Now his dreams are coming true I guess." "Do you miss talking to him?" "What kind of question is that?," Aiden laughed. "What? Is it going to ruin your manhood if you say that you actually miss you best friend?" "Kinda.." I rolled my eyes, "Swallow your pride, Aiden. I'm sure he misses you, too. I know I do.." "Really?" I nodded, "Of course I do.. Even though things didn't work out with us, I still miss this kind of stuff. Being able to talk openly to each other.. When something like that disappears, you can't help but miss it, you know?" "I know," he agreed. I faintly smiled and stared down at the pond's lily-pad-covered water. Then, a beeping noise caused me to look back at Aiden. I quickly realized it was his watch, and he turned it off. "I have an appointment in 10 minutes," he says. I nodded, "Yeah.. I probably need to head back, too." We both got up from the bench and wrapped our arms around each other.

"It was great seeing you healthy and okay again," I say, looking up at him. Aiden smiled, "I'm glad you think that.. Even more motivation for the future." For some reason, I started tearing up. I looked away to avoid Aiden from noticing, but of course, he did. "What's wrong?," he asks. "Nothing.. It just makes me happy that you're getting better." I returned my eyes to his. He smiled once again and thanked me. As a tear rolled down my cheek, I wiped it away. "I guess I better get going, then." He held me in his embrace once more before saying a final goodbye. As I walked out the door, I turned back and waved with a smile on my face. I was truly happy..