Chapter 33

Aiden's P.O.V

As I watched Haley walk out the door, I couldn't help feeling some sort of relief. It made me happy to know she still cared, that she still bothered to know how I was, despite everything that'd happened. She was getting on with her life, like I'd told her to. Once I get out of here, I'm going to get on with mine, too.

Haley's P.O.V

When I got back home, I went up the stairs and into my room. Adam was laying in bed, lightly snoring, and I couldn't help smiling at him. After sitting down my stuff, I walked over and sat beside him. "Adam," I whispered into his ear. He grunted and opened his eyes, "Back already?" I nodded, "Yeah.. Now go back to sleep.. I just wanted you to know I was home." "You told me you'd get back in bed though," Adam smirked. "I did? I don't remember that," I teased. "I'm not in the mood to play games, Haley," he murmured. Then, one of his arms slid across my waist and pulled me down against him. "Adam," I laughed as he began kissing my neck, "Stoppp." "Whyy?," he whines into my shoulder. "Because.." "That's not a very good excuse, you know." I nodded, "I know, but we need to talk." "Haley, Haley, Haley.. Always worrying about something. Relax," he cooed. His hand slowly ran up my shirt and held onto my side. Then he raised his head from the crook of my neck and pressed his lips against mine. I kept the kiss short, then pulled away.

"What's wrong?" I shrugged, "I don't know.. I just.. have a lot on my mind right now," I replied. I could tell he got the hint. "Alright," he murmured and rolled off of me. "I'm sorry.. Maybe later?" "Yeah.. Don't worry about it," Adam smiled faintly and retreated to the bathroom. I could tell he was kind of hurt, but I couldn't really help it. I do have a lot on my mind right now.. And I feel like I need to sort things out.

I sighed and got out of the bed, grabbed my laptop, and went downstairs. A few minutes later, Emily entered the room and sat down beside me.

"What time is it?," she asked sleepily. "2:30," I replied, looking down at her. "Can you believe I slept in that late?" "What time did you go to sleep?," I raised an eyebrow. "Uh.. My regular time," she said with a straight face, which quickly turned into her smiling. "So what time did you really go to bed?" "A little after midnight I think.. I was watching Netflix okay! You know how it is." I laughed, "Yeah. I get it."

"So whatcha doin?," she asks, looking at my computer screen. "Well I'm actually replying to that email from UCLA.. And I'm kind of freaking out because I don't know if I sound professional enough." "Why does it matter what you sound like, anyway?" I shrugged, "I don't know.. It makes you look more mature, and that's what most colleges look for in their students." Emily shrugged, "Imma stick to being me, and if they don't like that, then I don't wanna go to that school anyway." Then she jumped up from the couch and walked off to the kitchen defiantly. I laughed, "I love you." "I know, everybody does."

Later that evening, Emily had left to spend the night over at a neighbor's, and Adam was getting his stuff to go back to his apartment. He'd been quiet ever since what happened this morning. "Hey," I say walking over to him and touching his arm, "Are you alright?" He turned around and looked down at me, "Yeah." "Are you sure? If it's about earlier..." Adam cut me off, "No, I mean.. It kinda threw me off you coming back home right after seeing Aiden and not really having anything to do with me." "Adam, you know how I feel about you, and you can't expect me to immediately jump into bed with you all the time," I say. "It's been almost 3 months. You can't keep making me wait and not expect me to try something.. I'm only human, Haley." "I know," I mumbled. He sighed, "Well.. are you coming back to the apartment with me or not?" "Yeah, let's go."

The car ride was long and quiet. My brain was scattered, thoughts cluttered. I tried thinking of something to say that would make him feel better, but I realized that maybe actions would speak louder than words. "Adam.. Can you pull over?" "Why? Are you about to get sick?," He asked. I shook my head, "No.. Just pull over." When he did, I let him park and I turned the car off. He looked at me, obviously confused, so I leaned over and put my lips against his. Slowly, and rather awkwardly, I climbed out of my seat and straddled his lap. The kisses got hotter, and our hands ran all over each other. I breathed heavily as his lips disconnected from mine and moved to my neck. "Take your shirt off, Adam," I demanded seductively. He did as told and quickly began removing mine. His lips went to mine again as I pressed against him. "Are we going to do this here?," Adam asked between kisses, "Front seat and everything?" "Whatever you want." "Mhm," he smiled, "Are you trying to make earlier up to me?" "We could just go straight to the apartment and go to sleep.." Adam laughed, "No, no.. This is fine, I'll take all I can get." "Well come on, Adam. You know what I like." He looked me in the eyes and bit down on his lip. "Back seat, come on."

Within seconds it seemed, he had my pants off and began unzipping his. He hurriedly put a condom on and laid back down on me.

A few more minutes of kissing and feeling passed, but Adam grew impatient and was ready to go. "Adam," I moaned as he thrust into me. He grunted and nestled his head into the crook of my neck, continuing his rhythmic pattern down below. My nails dug into his back and my legs tightened around his waist.

After what seemed to be about 2 hours, we'd finally stopped and were beginning to catch our breaths. As Adam laid on his back, I laid beside him, my arm draped around his stomach. "That was worth the wait," he said, looking down at me. I smiled, "Well I'm glad." "What time is it?," Adam asked. I leaned over him and grabbed my phone from the front seat. "11:43," I replied. "Should we head to the apartment?" "I need to rest a little first after all of that!," I laughed. Adam smiled and examined my expression. I knew he was doing it, but I didn't meet my gaze with his.

"You said you had a lot on your mind earlier," Adam says, "Do you want to tell me what all of that was about?" "Before I leave for the interview, I want to get a tattoo," I replied confidently. "Okay.. What of?" "I don't know.. I've been looking through stuff and found this one dream catcher tattoo and I love it." I quickly scrolled through my camera roll and showed him. "Oh, wow.. That's a big tattoo for your first one," he says. "I know.. but you know what? I've got to learn to take risks and it's still gonna look good when I'm old and wrinkly." This made us both laugh, and Adam pulled me in for another kiss. "You're so cute. So cute that I might get another tattoo myself." "Really!?" Adam nodded, "Yeah. I've been meaning to get it for a while, but I never really made the time for it." "Can we get ours done at the same time? Hold hands and act poetic together?," I ask. "Sure," he chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair.

I smiled and started putting on my clothes, then handing him his. "So I'm guessing this is a way of saying you want to go back to the apartment." I nodded, "Yeah. I can't lay in the backseat of a car all night." "Well, as long as I'm laying with you, it doesn't matter to me where we are." I turned back and looked at him, "Don't get all soppy on me now." "I thought it might earn me some brownie points," Adam smirked. I rolled my eyes and climbed into the passenger seat.

I woke up the next morning laying on top of Adam, the covers over my shoulders. I rested my chin on my arm and watched him sleep. "Adam," I whispered, "Wake up." He turned his head to one side and furrowed his brows. "Do I have to?," he mumbled. "Yes." I sat up on his stomach and gently scraped my nails on his sides, sending cold chills down his spine. "Stop Haley," Adam says, "I'm tired and I wanna sleep." "But Adam," I whined, "I want a kiss." He groaned loudly, "Fine come here." I laid back down on him and kissed him deeply. Then I pulled away and started kissing his neck. "Get up, Adam." I felt his hand rest on my waist as he sighed. "Keep doing what you're doing and I'm gonna have to." I smirked and lightly bit his ear. "Come on babe," I say seductively, "I'll make it worth your while." "Okay fine, you got me. I'm up," he chuckled, "You really gotta stop talking like that, you know I can't take it." "You never could. Now hurry and get ready so we can go get tattoos!"