Chapter 18

Haley's P.O.V

Finally, school is over! Yes, it's only November, but I've finished all the courses I had to take. Thank God for all the work that paid off. Now that school is out, I get to spend time with Adam. The thought brings a smile to my face, which embarrasses me, and is something I probably wouldn't admit to him. As of right now, we've decided to not make any commitments, but there's no one else I want to be with but him. The news of Jamie being pregnant has taken it's toll on her, so I've decided to go talk to her and help her figure things out.

''Hi'', Jamie said as she opened the front door. I stepped inside, ''How are you feeling?'' ''Terrible'', she muttered. I looked her over, and noticed her eyes red and puffy. She had been crying, it was obvious. She sighed miserably, ''I can't.. I can't do this alone.'' ''Jamie, you aren''t doing anything alone! I'm right here.. I'm here for you, you know that'', I said. ''I NEED LEVI, HALEY. AND HE DOESN'T WANT ME, OR THIS BABY'', Jamie dropped to the floor, suddenly bursting into tears. I rushed to her, sending my arms around her. What do I do? I thought, feeling uneasy.

I let her cry for a while, because she needed to get out this emotional stress built inside. She needs Levi.. He should be here. It's partially his fault too. This kid is his, and he needs to take the responsibility. ''Jamie.. You can't keep crying like this. You have to show Levi you can do things without him. I know you love him, but he doesn't deserve knowing you're suffering through all of this. You need to prove that idiot wrong'', I told her. She wiped her eyes, ''I know, I know.. I just don't know if I can.'' I sighed, ''You can, I know it. Now let's go get you cleaned up and go and get something to eat, okay?'' ''Okay'', she nodded, and got up from the floor. She walked off to her room and got ready.

After we ate, I went back home. Emily, as usual was at her friend's house. Her friend's mom knew the situation, so she didn't mind. She'd always say, ''She's welcome anytime!'', and Emily was completely taking advantage of those words. Whenever she was home though, we spent time together. I wondered sometimes if Em wanted to spend even more time with me, and maybe I'm just pushing her back by spending that time with Adam, or with someone else..

I walked into the kitchen, feeling unaccomplished and upset. I grabbed a glass and filled it with sweet tea. ''Hey'', Adam said, ''How's Jamie doing?'' I took a drink of my tea, ''Not good.. She's an emotional wreck.'' He nodded slightly, ''And how are you?'' ''I'm okay, I guess'', I said. He walked over and put me in his arms securely. I nuzzled into his chest and sighed, ''I don't know what to do.. Levi should be there for her, and he's not." "I told you I'd deal with it if you want me to..", he says. "I know, I know.. Now's not the time, Adam. I just want to go to bed and worry about things tomorrow."

So, I let him go and started up the stairs. I felt his arms wrap around my waist, making me smile, and I lead him into my bedroom. I reached for the light switch, but he stopped me. "Leave it off", he whispered, and let his lips go against mine. As we kissed, I let him walk me towards the window. Then, he lifted me and sat me on the window sill. Growing suddenly impatient, I pulled his shirt to where he was close enough for me to wrap my legs around his waist. He scooted me closer, against him, and started kissing me more. I slipped my hands up the back of his shirt and lifted it over his head, letting it fall off onto the floor. Then, I removed my lips from his and let them hook onto his neck.

"Haley... We need to stop. I can't hold myself back much longer", Adam mumbled, his hands slowly feeling lifeless on my skin. I sighed, pulling away and releasing his waist from my legs. Then, he walked away and to the bathroom.

I watched as the light flicked on, he stood at the sink, staring into the mirror. "What do you think about me growing a beard?", he asked, touching his face. I laughed, "I don't know. It'd probably make you look sexier, depending on how much you grew out." I got off the window sill and started removing my clothes. I took off my shirt and threw it at Adam, just to see his reaction. He looked over and laughed, biting his lip. Then, I removed my pants and threw those at him, too.

"Looks like the tables have turned. You're the stripper now", he smirked, making me laugh. "You love it though", I said, letting my hair fall from my released ponytail. "You're still the same as you were 2 years ago." "And how was that?", I asked. "Crazy", he replied, leaning against the wall. "And you were and still are crazy for me", I countered. "Is it that obvious?", he asks. "Yep", I nodded and put on a baggy t-shirt. "Looks like I'm gonna have to make you crazy for me too", he said, walking over to me and kissing me. I pulled back, smiling, "You already know I am." "Good."

So, we both got in bed and cuddled. He was already fast asleep, slightly snoring . As for me, I was awake, reflecting on life I guess. I thought of Jamie, how everything in her life was going bad, and there wasn't much I could do but be there for her. Levi, ugh.. that idiot. He should be there for her, too. I sighed and rolled over, facing Adam. I stared at him and kissed his lips lightly. I saw him slightly smile and he pulled me to him more. Then, I wrapped my leg around his waist and held him tightly. "Goodnight Adam.."

Aiden's P.O.V

"Well, that was great, as usual. I'll see you next Friday", Shayla says, getting out of the bed and putting on her bra and underwear. "Okay. See you then", I said. She walked out the door, leaving the scent of her entangled in my bed sheets. I sighed, laying my head against the pillow beneath me. Ever since the party, Shayla and I have been getting together and having some "fun". Sure, she's a slut, but the sex is great.

Feeling pretty satisfied, I got out of bed and showered. When I was done, I wrapped a towel around my waist and grabbed the bottle of whiskey from my dresser. I opened it up and gulped down 5 or so drinks. Then, I sat the bottle back down and got dressed. A few minutes later, Levi came in my room.

"You need to start going somewhere else with her. I didn't sleep at all because of her moaning", Levi said. I could tell what he was saying was true. His eyes looked tired and his hair was a mess. "Sorry, I can't help I'm that good", I smirked confidently. He rolled his eyes, "Just take her somewhere else. I have more to worry about than your sex toy." He slammed the door on his way out. He's been grumpy all week, ever since Jamie told him she was pregnant.

I grabbed my car keys out of my dresser and walked out of the dorm, not bothering saying anything to Levi. I got in my car and drove off campus to the pub. I've been going here on a regular basis, ever since I got here to this school.

"The usual", I told the bartender. He nodded and poured 2 shots and handed me a beer. I quickly downed the shots and started on the beer. I threw some cash on the bar and started looking at the customers. 2 old men at a table, a group of bikers, and some other people were scattered around the pub. Most were usuals, drinking and playing pool on their lunch breaks at work. They never really bothered me much though, because most were pretty good people. After finishing my beer, I called the bartender back over, "3 more shots."

Haley's P.O.V

"Jamie invited me to this dinner party. We should go", I said to Adam. "What time?", he asked. "7", I said. "You think you can get ready in an hour?", he asked. "Why do you ask?" "You always take forever to get ready", he chuckled. I crossed my arms, "We'll see about that."

So, I grabbed my makeup and started on that. After fixing up my eyeliner and adding some mascara, I put on some eyeshadow and started curling my hair. "How's this look?", Adam asked, and I turned around. There he stood in black pants with a burgundy button up and black tie with some dress shoes. Dang.. He looked so good. I nodded, "It looks great." He smiled, "Thanks.."

When I finished my hair, I started getting dressed. I put on a short black dress with a low cut at the breast area, which had mesh covering it. Then, I put on some lace up ankle boots and dug my favorite clutch purse out of the closet. After putting in some earrings and putting on my rings, I looked in my mirror. "You look.. amazing", Adam smiled. I blushed, "Thanks." "Okay, should we go? It's 6:40..", he asked. "Yeah", I said and followed him out the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay everyone! A little information for y'all. Im going to start making collages and stuff of things in the chapters to help with visualization and things like that! The collage here is Haley's dinner party outfit. So I hope you're enjoying and loving this story as much as I do!(: