Chapter 34

Freddie Stroma-Trey
Jillian Rose Reed-Rachel
And thank you WeHeartIt for the pictures!

"You know last night when you said you wanted to get a tattoo before you left, I didn't think you meant today!" I shrugged and got in the car, "Well.. I wanna get it over with! I'm tired of waiting!" Adam rolled his eyes and turned the key in the ignition. "What are you gonna get? How bad does it hurt?" Questions kept running out of my mouth but I couldn't help it! I was in the middle of being excited and nervous, a feeling I had become way too familiar with. Thanks high school.

"I'm going to let you pick out my tattoo," Adam said. "Huh?" He nodded, "I don't know what to get, and I figure if you pick it out, every time I look at it I'll think of you." "That's sweet Adam." "I try," he smiled and grabbed my hand.

Before I knew it, we were sitting in the parking lot of the tattoo parlor. "Ready?" I nodded, "Ready." We both got out of the car and walked inside. As soon as we did, a woman with dark red hair greeted us. "Hey, I'm Rachel." Then a tall blonde guy walked up beside her, "And I'm Trey." "Nice to meet you. I'm Adam, that's Haley." I smiled politely. "So which one of you are here to get tattooed?," Rachel asked. "Both of us, actually," I replied. "Awesome. Any ideas as to what you're thinking about getting?" Adam shrugged, "Not sure about me, but she knows what she wants." "Okay well we have some books over there if you'd like to look through them and find something," Rachel gestured to a seating area. Adam thanked her and went to sit down. "I can start drawing a stencil for yours if you want," Trey says. "Okay sure," I smiled and handed him my phone. "Wow, that's a really cool tattoo." "Thanks. It's my first one and I guess I kinda wanted something huge." He chuckled, "I don't blame you, my first was pretty big too. Anyway I'm gonna go draw this up and I'll come get you when I'm done." "Ok, thanks," I smiled and walked over to Adam.

I started flipping through the books and finally found the perfect one. "This one," I say. Adam leaned over and looked at it. "I like it," he smiled, "Good job." Before I could say anything else, Trey tells me he's ready. "Good luck," Adam smiled. "You too."

"Okay so I think I got it," Trey said, "Does this look good?" He held up the stencil to let me see. I was surprised at how identical it looked. "It's perfect." "Great," he smiles, "So I'm gonna need you to roll up your shirt or take it off. Whatever you need to do to, just make sure it's not near the stencil." I nodded and took off my shirt, thinking it'd probably be the best thing to do. Even though it was kind of awkward just taking off my shirt in front of an attractive guy, I was really too excited to care, and I knew he'd be professional about things. I laid down on the the chair and let him put the stencil on. Once he peeled it off, I realized just how big this tattoo really was.

"How long is this going to take?," I asked. "If you want it all done today, probably 8 hours," Trey replied. "Oh.. okay," I said uneasily. As he began to put on gloves I asked how bad it was going to hurt. "Well it's a pretty sensitive area, and for it to be your first time getting a tattoo, it's gonna hurt pretty bad." "Thanks for the honesty! I'm not worried at all." "You asked," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes, "Let's just get it over with."

What seemed like an hour passed, and I'd sort of got used to the pain. "So why a dream catcher?," Trey asks, breaking the silence. "I don't know.. I mean, the purpose of a dream catcher is to keep the bad dreams away, and life up until a few months ago has been hard. I guess getting a dream catcher tattoo is like a way of keeping all the bad things in life away. That might sound kinda stupid but.." He cut me off, "No, it doesn't sound stupid at all. That's a practical reason. I've never heard someone describe a dream catcher in that way before, and I like that." I smiled, "Thank you." He nodded and wiped the adhesive cloth over my skin, removing any unnecessary ink. I found my self looking over some of his tattoos, and one in particular caught my eye. There was a date on his wrist. "So what about you.. why'd you get that date that's on your wrist." "Thats the date I lost my virginity," he laughed, "and the girl was also a tattoo artist and told me she wanted me to remember the day, so there we go." "That was only 2 years ago, though. It's surprising to me." "Why?" "Dude, you're literally a panty dropper. I bet you've banged almost any girl you've come in contact with." He stopped tattooing and looked at me. He smiled and shook his head, then continued. "You might be right, but I'll honestly say I haven't done any of my customers or coworkers. I'd like to think I'm pretty professional." "But you can't say you haven't thought about it." Trey laughed, "I'm not afraid to admit that there have been some come in here that made me think like that." "And I bet there were some provoking you, too." He shrugged, "A few." "And that's why you're single, isn't it?" "What makes you think that?," he asked. "Well, if you could have any girl you wanted, what's the point of having just one?" "I guess you have a point there."

"Well here's what I see about you.. You're the kind of girl that likes commitment, but you'd be fine without a relationship and just have one night stands." I laughed, "I guess." "I'm surprised you aren't offended," he says. "I don't offend easy, lucky for you." "Hah.. So Adam's your brother I'm guessing?" "No, boyfriend actually," I say. Trey nodded, "I can honestly say I'm a little disappointed. Thought I might've had a shot." "I thought you said you were keeping it professional," I chuckled. "Can't blame a guy for wondering. It doesn't upset you though, right?" "Of course not," I replied, "I get it." He nodded, "Good. I'd hate to make these next hours awkward." "You're fine," I laugh.

Small talk continued, and seemingly made the time go by faster. "Done," Trey said abruptly. "What? Really?" "Yep, go have a look." I got up from the chair and walked over to the stand up mirror. "Oh my God, I love it! Thank you so much!" He smiled, "You're welcome." I gave him a quick hug and looked into the mirror again. "Would you take a picture?," I asked. "Of course." He grabbed my phone and took the picture. I thanked him once again and put my shirt back on, tying it up at the top to keep it from touching the ink.

When I walked out of the room, Adam met me and immediately saw the tattoo. "It looks amazing," he smiled. "Thanks! Let me see yours!" He turned to the side and rolled up his sleeve. The roses were shaded perfectly, everything about it was just plain out beautiful! "Wow. You did an awesome job Rachel." She smiled and nodded a thank you. Once we both payed, Adam went to start the car and I stayed behind because Trey said that I left something. I walked back into his room and he handed me a pencil sketch of my tattoo. "If you need any more tattoos done, you know where to find me," he said. I nodded, "Thanks again."