Chapter 26

Okay guys, this chapter is going to be a little bit longer just because I wanted to fit a lot into this one! What do you guys think about the book? Comments from you guys always make my day, not even kidding(: So, if you want, you can always leave your suggestions or compliments or whatever you like! But thank you guys so much for sticking with the book and continuing to read it! Anyways, enough talk! Lets get to the story(:

Aiden's P.O.V

Today, I had a major hangover. Doesn't surprise me though, because I went to one crazy party last night. Speaking of which, I just noticed there were two naked girls laying beside me in my bed. ''God, I love college'', I mumbled under my breath and got out of the bed. I quickly put on some shorts and walked out of the room to see a bunch of other random people passed out in the living room. Then, through the front door came Levi. ''Aiden, who are all of these people?'', he asked, sitting down his suitcase. ''I dunno'', I chuckled and ran my fingers through my messy hair. ''Well, we need to get them out of here..'' ''Good luck with that'', I mumbled and walked into the kitchen, pulling out the orange juice carton. I opened it and took a drink, then noticed Levi looking at me. 

''What?'', I asked defensively. He shook his head, ''Nothing. Just get these people out of here, Jamie's going to be staying with us a few days and I don't want her to come in and see a bunch of hung over people laying around everywhere.'' ''Yes, mom'', I scoffed and started waking the random people up. Truth was, I didn't know who most of them were so it was definitely an awkward situation.

Once they all left, Levi brought Jamie in, who was wearing a tight fit shirt that showed her slight baby bump. ''Hey Aiden'', she said, coming over and hugging me from the side. ''Hey.. How are you doing?'', I asked. ''Do you really even care?'', she glared. ''Uh.. Yeah'', I nodded awkwardly. ''Well then, yeah.. I'm doing fine and by the looks of it, you seem to be having some problems with that.'' I crossed my arms, ''What makes you think that?'' ''Have you looked in the mirror lately? You're a mess, Aiden. And if you think you're okay, then you're just fooling yourself.'' Immediately, she walked off to Levi's room with her bags in her hands. I turned to Levi to see him giving me the 'she's right' look. I sighed in frustration and went back to my room to clean up.

The day went on as usual.. I left the dorms and went to some classes. After that, I left for the pub near campus. Some of the frat boys were there tonight, shooting pool and blowing off steam by downing some shots. I couldn't blame them honestly, I mean, I came here almost every day to do just that. People said I needed to slow down on the drinking, but I don't care what they think. Life is just better with alcohol! It helps numb the stress and craziness of it all, I guess..

Haley's P.O.V (A Few Hours Later)

I suddenly woke up from my phone ringing. ''Hello?'', I said sleepily. ''Hey.. We need to talk, it's about Aiden'', Jamie said suddenly. I sat up, ''What about him? Is he okay?'' I heard the concern in my voice, and it made me cringe. ''Well, not really.. Haley, he's been drinking, a lot.'' ''What do you mean by a lot?'', I asked. I heard her sigh, ''I know a drunk when I see one... and Levi told me that he doesn't do anything anymore but drink and party. I think you need to come and see him or something. Maybe you can straighten him out..'' I looked over at Adam who was thankfully still asleep, ''I can't just up and leave.. Besides, I'm the reason he's like that! It's all my fault that he's just completely shut everything out..I'd only make matters worse'' There was silence for a few moments, but then she spoke up. ''Listen, this isn't your fault okay? You didn't force those drinks down his throat, and you sure didn't force him to party. He's the way he is now because of his own actions.. You haven't done anything but try to move on from him.'' I sighed, ''But he's done all of that because of me and this messed up situation.'' Jamie didn't know what to say to that so she changed the subject. ''I'm going to go rest, and you do that, too. I'll call you tomorrow, okay?'' I nodded, ''Bye.''

As I hung up, thoughts swam through my head. Aiden's not okay... And I need to go see him. Maybe it's not the best decision, but I did this to him.. Ugh, snap out of it! This isn't your fault! I scolded myself. But.. It is! He wouldn't be in the shape he's in now if it weren't for me.. I buried my head in my hands and felt the tears coming. I pushed them back, though because I knew if I started crying, Adam would wake up and ask what was wrong. I didn't want to tell him about this... I didn't want him to know, because I knew it would hurt him that I was as concerned as I was. When I tried sleeping, I couldn't. I was already awake now, and there was no use trying to go back to sleep. So, I got up out of bed and went downstairs to make coffee. This is going to be a long night..

As I held onto the warm mug, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I looked to see it was Emily. ''What are you doing up?'', I asked, ''It's 3 am..'' She rubbed her eyes and yawned, ''I just needed something to drink.. Why are you up?'' I didn't want her to ask tons of questions, so I just answered as casual as possible, ''Couldn't sleep, I guess.'' She nodded and sat down on the couch beside me, taking a drink of water from her glass. ''I miss Aiden'', Emily said quietly. I looked over at her with furrowed brows, not sure what to say. ''Yeah.. Well, he's doing good in university, so you don't need to worry about him.. And I'm sure he misses you, too'', I bit my lip. ''You think so?'', she asked, looking at me. I nodded, ''Yeah, who wouldn't miss you?'' This time, me and her both smiled. ''Thanks Haley. Goodnight, love you'', Em said, wrapping her arms around my neck. I hugged her, too and let her go back to bed. When she disappeared from seeing distance, I let out a sigh of relief and ran my fingers through my hair nervously. Thank God she couldn't tell I was lying.. I'd rather have her thinking he was okay than telling her the truth about how bad of shape he was in. She was just a little girl, she didn't need to worry about anything but the daily drama at school and what boy was going to be her next boyfriend.

A few hours later, everyone was finally awake and Em was off to school. While Adam was in the kitchen, I was still in the living room staring blankly at the TV. When he walked out of the kitchen, he immediately came over and sat down beside me. ''You okay?'', he asked, probably noticing my exhausted expression. I nodded, ''Yeah.. I just couldn't sleep last night, no big deal.'' ''No, it is a big deal.. You should go back to bed, get your rest. I can hold down the fort while you sleep..'', he said, putting his hand on my knee. I looked over to see his concerned expression, and it truly melted my heart. Placing my hand over his, I gave him a short kiss and laid my head on his shoulder. ''I'll be fine, Adam.. You don't have to worry about me'', I said and kissed him once again. ''But I do worry, Haley.. Just let me take care of you, is that really so much to ask?'', Adam said, brushing a strand of my hair behind my ear. I sighed, ''I guess not.. But really, I promise I'll be okay.'' ''Okay.. But if you pass out, don't blame me!'', he laughed. I punched his arm and hugged him.

The Next Day..

When I woke up, I decided that today was the day I would go see Aiden for the first time in months. Was I nervous? Yes. I still hadn't told Adam about it, and I wouldn't. I thought it would be best to keep this to myself. I didn't want to hurt him.. I mean, he didn't deserve it. Adam's such a good person, and I don't want to break his heart by leaving and going to see Aiden. I knew the truth would come out sometime, and when it did, I would have to deal with the consequences then. I couldn't worry about that now though, I just need to go see Aiden and get this trip over with.

Different scenarios ran through my head as I traveled down the highway to University. What is going to happen when I get there? Where will he be? Drinking? Hungover? I shook my head, trying to make those thoughts go away. I pressed my foot down on the gas pedal a little more and sped on down the road.

Finally, I had arrived about an hour later. Anxiety had definitely set in, and I felt my palms getting sweaty as I parked at the dormatory. I checked my phone to see it was only 10 am, but I knew Adam should be up by now. I quickly sent him a text telling him that I just left the house for a little while. I didn't wait for a reply, I just shoved the phone back into my purse, got out of my car, and walked into the dormatory. I looked for their room number and had to walk up 2 flights of stairs to reach the right floor. Once I was there, standing at the door, I was truly afraid to knock. Then, a familiar voice caused me to turn around... and there at the top of the stairs stood Aiden.