Chapter 5

Haley's P.O.V (Monday Morning)

Well, the rest of the weekend was pretty normal. Aiden never brought up our 'almost kiss', and I didn't either. I decided maybe it would be better not to talk about it at all, and continue on with our lives. Maybe it would be nice to kiss him. Is there really a chance that him and I could be together?

''Haley.. are you okay?'', she asks me. ''Yeah, why?'', I say, trying to hide my thoughts. ''You just seem kinda off today...'' ''Well, I don't know why.. I'm completely fine'', I lied. Thankfully, she couldn't see right through me, and she changed the subject. ''So, Levi and I talked yesterday'', Jamie grinned happily. ''Really? What did he say?'', I ask curiously. ''Well, not much really. We kinda just talked about normal things..'', she replied. ''Aww.. Too bad he didn't ask you on a date.'' ''Well.. he hinted it, I think'', she says, her voice heightening. I stayed quiet and let her continue her story. ''He said something about his favorite place to eat'', she says. ''Yeah, maybe he was hinting something'', I smirked. ''I KNOW RIGHT?!'', she squealed. She always got excited about these things, and I found it absolutely hilarious! So we both laughed for a while and headed off to our next boring class of the day.

That night as I headed off to bed, I got a text from Aiden. He says that he wants to hang out tomorrow, so I replied with a simple ''Okay, see you then''.  Maybe he wants to talk about the 'almost kiss', but hopefully not. I don't know if bringing it up would make things less awkward.. If anything, I think it'd make things worse. I pushed the thoughts away and got into bed. I stared at his text, wanting him to say more.. Wanting him to call me, so I could hear that voice I loved. Snap out of it, Haley! What are you thinking?! Aiden doesn't think of you that way, and you don't think of him that way. Get that through your head! I demanded myself. Then the phone went off again. ''Would you rather me just come over now?'' his text said. Is he hinting something? It's almost 1 in the morning... I suddenly found my thumbs running over the screen, typing ''Sure, if you want''. Before I could stop myself, I hit send. Haley! What are you doing?!?! I tried preventing it from sending, but I was too late. I slammed the phone down and got out of bed, pacing around, trying to figure out what was going to happen when he got here.

About 10 minutes later, I got another text from him saying he was here. I quietly rushed downstairs, opened the front door, and let him follow me back to my room. I made sure I didn't wake anyone before closing my bedroom door. As I sat down on my bed I covered my legs back up and looked him over. I truly couldn't help it... He just had that affect on me. He had on a gray tank top that was so tight his muscle lines on his torso showed, and he had on a pair of black basketball shorts with his sneakers. ''So.... What did you want to talk about?'', I ask, pushing my bangs out of my face. ''Oh.. Well.. I wanted to tell you that Levi wants to go on a date with Jamie'', he says. ''That's awesome!'', I say, ''Thank you so much, Aiden!'' I leaped forward and hugged him tightly. He laughed slightly and hugged me back. I was held in his embrace for longer than I thought, and when our hug finally ended, I wanted more. I wanted to be in those strong arms forever. I kept having to remind myself to not think this way, but something about him, about the way he looked at me, kept me thinking like this. 

''We should do something to celebrate'', he grinned. ''Like what?'', I asked him. ''Follow me'', he grabbed my hand, lead me downstairs, and out the front door to his car. I got in and let him drive us wherever he was taking me to. ''Close your eyes'', he says, and I did. He parked the car and got out to open my door. ''Do you trust me?'', he says, taking my hand. I nodded and kept my eyes closed. We walked along until we stopped and I placed my hand on a railing. ''Open your eyes'', he whispered. I flicked them open and saw we were at the lake we used to come to as kids. ''What are we doing here?'', I laughed. ''It was your favorite place to go when we were little'', he says. So he does remember.. ''And it still is,'' I smiled. I could tell he was, too.