three

"Harry, come on..." Zayn whined four and a half weeks later. "We're already going to get there later than I wanted to. Move a little faster please. Seriously, what is with men and procrastination?"

"Be patient."

"I'm trying. But my patience is wearing thin." Zayn grabbed her purse from Harry's couch and put it on her arm. "And I don't get why you felt you needed to come with me anyway. I think I can drive two hours by myself."

"Not a chance. I think your parents would like you alive and in one piece."

"What are you talking about? I drove there by myself before. I would've been fine. I would've been safe."

"And then again, maybe not. There are a lot of things that could happen to you since you're alone. You could get carjacked, raped, kidnapped, killed... But I'm not gonna let that happen. I'm coming with you so I will know for sure that you really are safe."

Harry smiled and grabbed his duffle bag, then went to the front door and opened it. He looked back at Zayn, who was just slowly walking toward him and staring at him as if she were trying to read him.

"Come on Z. Let's go. Move faster. Seriously, what is with women and procrastination?"

*

*

*

Patricia opened the door to see Harry and Zayn standing outside.

"Veronica! Harry! It's so good to see you!"

"Hey mum."

Her mother reached out to hug her daughter, then waited for Harry to sit both Zayn and his own bag down before she hugged him too.

"Yaser, get in here! Our babies are here!" She yelled. Then she turned to them again. "We've been waiting for you. I have already started dinner and everything. Don't worry Veronica. I saved something for you to help with."

"Thanks. Where is Safaa?" Zayn asked. Safaa was her youngest sister. She was only sixteen and also the only one still living at home.

"Out with her other teenage friends." She sighed. "You know how teens get on Friday night. Always wanting to go out and not spend time with their families. It's the same things Doniya and Waliyha did."

Zayn nodded. Doniya, was her 28 year old sister. She had been out of the house ages ago and living with her husband. Waliyha, who moved out the second she reached her twenties, was twenty one. She remembered how dedicated they used to be when it came to that. Zayn wasn't like that. Mostly because she was a male then and he had Harry as his only friend.

A few seconds later, Yaser came around the corner. When Zayn spotted him, she immediately ran over to him and hugged him. "I missed you, daddy."

"I missed you too. It's been a while. Six whole months." He looked over at Harry who had picked up the two bags again. "Hello Harry. I've heard about you a couple times in between but it's been an extremely long while since I've seen you."

"Yes sir. It's been a long time." He also frowned a little. It made him think about Zayn. A month after Zayn became Veronica, she visited her parents without Harry, just to test and see if their memories were really skewed like Lady Fairy said. They were. Harry cringed, remembering when Zayn was describing to him how awkward it was. She cried for three days after that and Harry ended up being the one having to hold her because he was the only one who knew about her to be able to assure her things would be alright.

"Harry, love. Take those bags on upstairs to your rooms." Patricia told him. "You know which ones they are. And I left a little sweet treat on your bed too. Thank you so much for getting her here safely." Harry smiled but was confused when she winked.