twenty seven

"Know what I was thinking, baby?" Zayn said out loud to Harry when she heard him walking in the living room.

"What?"

"I want to cook a special dinner for Mum and Safaa when they come on Friday. But I don't know what I should make."

"Hmm..." Harry said and he lifted the basket of freshly dried clothes over the back of the couch and sat them next to her. "Does it have to be a special dinner?"

"Yes, it has to be special. This is the first time they're coming to visit me in forever."

"And I get that." He leaned over the couch and put his hands on her shoulders. "But what I'm saying is why does it have to be a dinner at all? Because if it is a dinner, then your dad won't benefit because he's not coming until Saturday. Why don't you make a dessert instead. Then he could always get a piece later."

She gasped. "That's a good idea. I think I will do that. Plus that's fair and Daddy always appreciates a good desert. Maybe I should keep you around. Every now and then you do throw out a good idea or two to help me."

He smiled and put his hands to the side of her face, then tilted her head back. "Just every now and then?"

"Yeah."

He hummed and leaned down to kiss her. She kissed back, but the kiss was so uncomfortable, being that it was upside down.

"Is this the last load you're going to do for today?" He asked when he saw her turn sideways and face the basket of clothes.

"No. Why?"

"Because I've been wanting to spend some time with you but you keep hindering my plans."

"What plans?"

"My plans to snuggle with you... and stuff."

She grabbed a towel from the basket and began to fold it. "Harry, my family will be here in two days. The house needs to be cleaned and the clothes have to be washed, cleaned, and put up. So if you want to do your plans, you should get your little butt over here and help me. If we get finished in time, you can get what you want."

She took the towel she just folded and transferred it to an empty basket on the floor.

"But we've got tomorrow too. We don't have to do everything today."

This time she pulled a pair of Harry's underwear from the basket. "I know. But I still want to. All I want to have to do tomorrow is vacuum the carpets."

"Which you'll probably end up making me do."

"You read my mind."

Harry sighed then came around the couch, sitting up on his knees behind her. "How about we make a deal? I'll vacuum the carpets if you give me attention."

He started to message her shoulders but she shook her head. "No."

"Come on, Z. Turn around."

"Are you planning on helping me do these clothes?"

"Not really."

"Then I'm not giving you any attention right now."

"Fine." He put his hand underneath her shirt and rubbed her back. She knew he was only doing it, thinking it would successfully coax her into paying attention to him. But she just ignored him, folded another towel and put it in the basket on the floor. Just as she was pulling out a washcloth though, his other hand went up her shirt and right away, her bra no longer fit tightly around her as it did before. She gasped. "Harry, did you really just..."