twelve

"Harry Edward Styles! How dare you give me this kind of information over the phone?!" Anne yelled through the receiver.

Harry had to hold the phone away from his ear to keep his eardrums from bursting. "Sorry. I didn't have time to make the drive over there because I've been busy with work."

"And what about the weekend?!"

"I had to take her to see her parents for their family picture. I told you that before we even went."

She huffed. "Two and a half weeks into a relationship and you don't even tell your own mother. Why does her family get to know before yours?"

He chuckled as he pictured her pouting like a child. "Come on, mum. Somebody had to come first. And I'd rather it be the family of which has a father that I need permission from. You should know me. You're my mother."

There was a pause. "Okay. I get it. You're right. So what did her father say, then?"

"He's more than okay with it."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he really shocked me with the things he said about how he trusted me to take care of her and how I'd gained his approval years ago. Veronica is happy. I'm happy. Everything's good."

"I'm happy for you too sweetheart." She said and Harry could hear her smiling. "You've been chasing after that girl for two years. It's a wonder Yaser never said anything about it to you."

"Well... You know. I was careful, so he never noticed. But now I don't need to be careful because she's mine now... I think. Because I don't want to sound possessive over her."

"Don't worry. You don't. Because she is yours." He heard rustling and then she came back to the phone. "But you are not out of the clear yet,  young man. I'm going to make you make it up to me. And here is what I want you to do. You better bring that girl over for dinner and soon. It's been forever since she's come over to visit."

"Sure. I'll tell her you want us to come so that we can set a date to be there. But will Gemma be there too?"

"Did you want her there?"

"Of course, I do."

"Okay then. Pick a date and she'll be there. But I'm only going to be inviting her. You'll have to be the one to tell her the news."

"Alright, fine. I don't mind. Just make sure she comes."

"Sup, Little Dick." Harry looked up to see Liam coming in with a smirk on his face.

"I'm sorry mum. But someone just walked into my office. I'll call you later on tonight."

"Sure love. Just don't forget. Bye."

"Love you. I won't. Bye." And he hung up.

"Awww. Little Harry was on the phone with his mummy?" Liam teased.

"Liam, sit down please. And I told you about the name calling when we first met. I gave you two options. Harry, or Mr Styles. That's it. Little Dick and Little Harry are rude and disrespectful."

Liam rolled his eyes and sat down. "Just how far is that stick up your ass today, that you can't take a joke?"

"Just how far is it up your ass, that you automatically assume I want to be joked with?"

"Hey, you can't say that to me. Teachers can't say stuff like that to students."

"If you can say it to me, I can say it to you. And for the record, I am not a teacher. I am a school Psychologist."