five

"Mr Styles."

Harry looked up to see the principal of the school peaking her head in the door of his office. "Yes, Principal Wiley?"

"Do you have time to see this student right now or are you too busy for him?"

"Is it the one you told me about earlier? The one who's been skipping classes?"

"Yes sir."

"Oh, well no, I'm not busy. Go ahead and bring him on in."

"Alright."

Actually, Harry did have work to do. But he'd heard so much about this student and he was eager to see him. This student was known as one of the school's troublemakers. He was always skipping classes, guessing on tests and disturbing other students. The most difficult thing Harry knew he would have to deal with was that he had Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder which made it harder for him than the other kids. Of course when Harry took this job last year, he had helped a few kids get on the right track for graduating. But none of them were like this kid. He wondered if he could work his magic again this year. He wondered if this boy would let him.

"What up punk bitch?"

Harry looked up to see the boy he'd been waiting to meet walk in his office and sit across from him in a chair. "Hello Liam Payne. How are you?"

"I don't want to be here." He said dropping his backpack on the ground and slouching in the seat.

"Yeah, so I've heard. But you are."

"Listen. Before we even start, if you're gonna sit here and get pissed about me not going to classes, I can just go home because my mum gives me enough shit. So don't bother."

Harry folded his arms studying the boy. "Okay. Let's get a couple of things clear Liam. First, I won't have time for your bullshit this year. I'm here to help you graduate. So if that involves me talking to you or getting on your case about how you don't go to classes, then I will do it. And there is nothing you can do about it. Secondly, my name is Harry styles. So you will either call me Harry, or you will call me Mr Styles. Not punk bitch. Got it little boy?"

Liam frowned. Out of all the School Phycologists he's ever had to deal with, Harry was the first to curse or have something to say right back at him. "Little boy my ass. I just turned eighteen in August. Last I checked, I was legally grown."

"Being grown is not really much to brag about. Take it from someone who has been there and done that. This world would eat you up Liam. And you'll be dead or in jail in no time with that ego."

Liam looked at him curiously. Harry wasn't the norm. He had a feeling he may have just met his match.

"Alright Harry." He said purposely putting emphasis on the fact that he chose to use his first name. "What do you want me to do today? But just to be clear, I ain't gonna kiss your ass just so you can talk my teachers into passing me if that's what you think."

"Good." Harry replied. "I'm glad you think that way. Because believe it or not, you are going to work for your grades. I know you're smart Liam and I'm sure when I have a conference with your mother, she will attest to that statement."

"What? Why the hell you wanna meet my mother for?"

"To talk about you. We're going to set up a plan, I'm going to try to put you in programs and as I go, I will help your mother and your teachers figure out all the appropriate avenues in order for you to graduate this year."

Liam rubbed at the hair on his bearded chin. "Alright I do want to graduate so I don't have to see this school ever again. I guess I'll have to see how all this goes."