thirteen

Gemma sat down in the middle of the floor, talking with Zayn and Harry was watching her from the kitchen as Anne washed the dishes from tonight's dinner. She and Harry had come over after work for a super early and light dinner. They'd already told his sister about the news.

"Dear, I don't think she'd like it very much if she knew you were just looking at her like that..." She said in a low enough tone that only Harry could hear.

"Sorry." He frowned and leaned off the wall, then came over to her. "Didn't even realize I was doing it."

"What were you thinking about?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm guessing something was on your mind? Its one of the reason people stare like that."

"Oh. Yeah..." He said with a long exhaling breath. "I need to do more."

"Do more?" She turned the hot water on and ran it over soapy dishes that were in the other side of the sink. "Do more what?"

"Do more for her."

"Like what?"

"Take her out, spoil her... I don't know. I just want to do everything for her. Now that I have her."

"I know you're a sweet man Harry but you don't need to go in debt to keep her. Veronica is not a materialistic girl. I know this for sure."

"I know that too and I won't." He laughed. "I'll be reasonable. Trust me. I know my limits."

She chuckled as she started to place some of the dishes in the dish rack. "I know you do. I'm just very excited that you're with somebody again and by the looks of it, so is Gemma and Robin. Veronica is the woman of the hour right now."

"Yeah," He agreed and he found himself drifting back over to the entrance of the kitchen so he could look at her again. He smiled at the site of his sister and girlfriend laughing and conversing together. "Seems to be."

*

*

*

"Two or three?"

But Harry was in a trance.

Zayn was standing at her kitchen counter next to him, getting ready to put ice cream into two bowls for them. She looked up at him impatiently. Obviously he wasn't paying attention to anything she was saying because he was more interested in what she was wearing rather than how many scoops he wanted.

"Are you even listening to me?" She asked as she waved the scoop in his face. "Two or three, Harry."

He got out of his trance and looked her in the face. "Uh, three."

She took the ice cream scoop and began to do what he asked. "You know, if you stop staring at my ass for two seconds, you could hear me when I ask you things."

"Who said I was looking at it?" He smirked.

"I saw you looking at it."

"Actually, I was looking at the floor."

"And what could you have possibly been looking at on the floor?"

"That there." She turned her head to look, but didn't see anything. "There's nothing there."

"Yes it is. Right there. Look closer"

She turned again but didn't see anything. "You're not slick. There is noth- Ouch!"

She quickly faced Harry who was laughing at her reaction.

"Harry, that fucking hurt. And its not funny either because there's probably going to be a handprint on my ass cheek now."