forty five

Harry was worried about Zayn. He had been worried a long while ago. But now, even more so. He was so confused. One moment Zayn was wanting to be held and kissed, and another moment he was asking for time and space.

Time and space?

Why did he need time and space when they were barely spending time with each other in the first place? That's what he didn't understand. It had now been almost two weeks since Zayn came over for that romantic night they didn't get to have. Since then, he had seen Zayn twice. He wasn't complaining. Two times in thirteen days wasn't bad. It was more than reasonable for any couple. But it was the way he carried himself when he was there that was bothersome. He smiled and laughed but it didn't seem real. Why wasn't it real?

"Mr. Styles."

Harry faced the doorway of his office and smiled when he saw Sophia in the doorway. "Hi, Sophia. How are you?"

"I'm excited!" She said as she bounced on her tiptoes.

"Really? Why is that?"

She sat in one of the chairs and sat her bag in her lap. "My father got a job offer back home. He accepted it. So we're moving next month."

"Really? That's wonderful."

"I know."

"So you think you'll be okay?"

"I know I will. It'll probably help with the depression and anxiety but... Oh, I completely forgot that I'll have to find a new Psychiatrist. How am I going to find another good Psychiatrist?" She nervously shook her leg up and down.

"It's okay. Don't be nervous, Sophia. I'm sure you'll find one and your parents will see to that. You have been taking your meds, haven't you?"

"Yeah. I... I have."

Harry raised his eyebrow, because he could usually tell when she wasn't taking them as regularly as she was supposed to do. "Have you really?"

She nodded. "Mhm."

"Okay... don't skip days. I'm sure your doctor told you that as well."

"Yes sir. He did. I'm still taking them." She smiled big. "Anyways... that's all I wanted to tell you. I knew this was the last day of school and I wanted to tell you thanks for everything you've done in case I didn't see you on graduation day."

Harry smiled. "I'm just doing my job, Sophia. I didn't do anything special. It was you. You cooperated and it paid off. I'm proud of you and you're going to do great in life. I just know it."

She stood up and held onto her bag. "Thank you, Mr. Styles. I sure hope so."

But he assured her once more. "You will. I'm sure of it."

"Well... Have a good day." She said.

"Thank you. And you have a great summer."

"I'll try."

When she disappeared out of the office and around the corner, he looked at the papers on his desk again. Something caught his eye as he was lowering his head though. It was the picture of Zayn and he picked it up. Immediately, all the questions that he had been thinking regarding Zayn, started to overwhelm him again. He sighed frustratedly because he knew the worry wasn't going to stop until he at least talked to him. His mind wasn't going to let it happen any other way.

So right then and there, he picked up his phone and dialed his boyfriend. Hopefully Zayn wouldn't be asking anymore time or space. He didn't know what he'd do if it happened again.

The phone rang for a bit before Zayn answered.

"Hello." He whispered into the phone.

"Hey uhm... why are you whispering? Did I disturb you from something?"