2

Novas POV
"Seriously John B" I said picking up the clothes all over the floor. "My bad Nov that was my fault I was stealing a shirt" JJ said helping me pick up the mess. "This isn't what I need" I said. "Why was work bad" JJ said.

I sat down on the couch he took a seat beside me. I sighed. "You know you can talk to me that's what best friends are for" he said placing a hand on my knee. "You know how it is with the kooks always treating me like I'm nothing" I said.

"Who cause I'll go talk to them I swear" JJ said standing up. "No JJ I don't need a hero and it was just Topper and the princess ok" I said. "You sure that's it" JJ said. "Rafe didn't bother me he was actually nice" I said he rolled his eyes and out his hand on his head.

I could tell he was very bothered. He absolutely hated Rafe and Sarah. He had every reason to Rafe constantly bothered him.

"Nice Rafe Cameron was nice it's only cause he wants one thing from you to get you in bed and that's it" JJ said. "JJ it wasn't even like that why are you being like this" I said. "Because he's not gonna be like that to you" JJ said. "I invited him" I said.

"Seriously you invited a Kook" John B said. "Yeah she did and apparently he was hitting on your sister too" JJ said. "He wasn't hitting on me he helped me clean up after Topper" I said. "No I won't stand for this" John B said.

"John B I don't care ok he's a person like you and me get over it" I said walking outside. "Nova you don't understand how he is" John B said as JJ followed behind me. "And you really think I'm the type of girl to hook up with someone I don't like" I said.

"I never said that Nova" John B said. "God John B stop trying to be our Dad you aren't him" I said yelling he stopped and went silent. I could see him get upset. I didn't mean it like that.

"John B I didn't mean it like that" I said. "It's fine" he said walking away. "Your telling him to leave or I will" JJ said. "God" I said stomping away. "Nova" Pope said. He was sitting on the dock reading.

I sat by him and stuck my feet in the water.

"They both are too overprotective of me" I said. "They just care John B doesn't wanna lose you like you know" Pope said. "My Dad yeah it doesn't feel like I'm losing him" I said.

"Even though you weren't close I'm sure he loved you Nova" Pope said. "I don't know" I said looking at the sunset. I then felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to look it was JJ. "I'll give you guys a minute" Pope said leaving.

He sat down beside me and put an arm around me.

"He's not mad at you know he's just frustrated" JJ said trying to make me feel better. "I just hate being told what to do" I said. "You are very stubborn" JJ said I laughed. I put my head on his shoulder. "Yeah" I said.

"And your Dad was lucky to have you are so smart he'd be proud I know you feel like he didn't love you" JJ said. "I don't know I hardly ever remember" I said. "Well he missed out but I'm telling you he did" JJ said placing a kiss on my forehead. I smiled.

I hoped John B didn't see any of that. We were just friends but I didn't want him thinking otherwise. The biggest rule was no pogue on pogue macking. And no dating me.

Later...
I made a fire. A lot of people from the cut showed up. And then came the kooks. I was sitting with Kie and JJ. I then saw Rafe. I walked over to him.

"Well isn't this nice" Topper said. "Great your here" I said. "Well it isn't a party without us you know" Kelce said. "Sorry" Rafe said. They walked away. "So you came" I said.

"You know I wanted to make an appearance" Rafe said. I handed him a drink. "Nice of you to step out of rich land" I said he chuckled sipping his beer. "You look decent way better than your uniform" Rafe said.

"Well you know us pogues gotta play the part" I said sipping my drink. "Well maybe I like this you better" Rafe said. "Mmmh even without the remarks" I said. "Your uh little boyfriend is watching us" Rafe said. I looked back. JJ couldn't keep his eyes off us. "He's not my boyfriend" I said.

"Oh really that's not what everyone at the country club says" Rafe said. "And just what do they say" I said. "That JJ and you are a thing and he got you the job" Rafe said.

"Problem" JJ said walking over. "No JJ it's fine" I said. "Actually if you don't mind I was talking to Nova" Rafe said. "Thing is I do mind" he said standing in front of me. "JJ stop" I said. "Oh really cause she's not you're girlfriend I think she can talk to whoever" Rafe said.

"You know Rafe I don't actually want her talking to you in fact country club go home and stay away from her" JJ said. "Or what we both know you'll never amount to anything you'll be just like your father" Rafe said.

"Rafe that's enough" I said. "You know what Kook" JJ said pushing Rafe. "JJ stop it" I said standing in between them. "Defending him seriously" JJ said. "I'm not I want you to stop this right now" I said.

Then we heard screaming John B was being drowned by Topper. I ran over.

"Seriously Topper stop" I yelled. "Oh Nova don't worry he'll be with your daddy soon" Topper said. "Stop it" I said trying to push him. He grabbed my arm and threw me in the water.

Then I heard a gun fire.

"GET THE HELL OFF OUR SIDE OF THE ISLAND" JJ yelled firing a gun into the air. Everyone ran. I coughed up water and ran to help my brother get up. "Are you ok" I said he kept coughing.

"Fine" John B said Kie helped him up. JJ came over to help me. "No don't bother" I said pushing him away. I walked up the beach to my car. Rafe was standing by his bike.

"What do you want another show from your boys" I said. "I didn't know he'd do that and your friend is crazy" Rafe said. I slammed my door shut. Now I was pissed off. "Crazy at least he did something huh your friend threw me in the water and nearly killed my brother" I said.

"Nova" Rafe said. "You know you are just like every other Kook aren't you don't give a shit about anything" I said yelling. "Your causing a scene" Rafe said trying to grab my hand. I smacked his off.

"Oh I don't care Rafe ok how about you go back home to your perfect mommy and daddy and leave me the hell alone" I said. "Nova I'm not like that" Rafe said. "I'm done with your games" I said hopping in my Jeep.

"I'm not playing any" Rafe said. "Let's go" I said to JJ who was standing by the passenger door. He hopped in and we drove off.

The ride was kinda silent. Till he said something.

"Look I'm sorry" JJ said. "It's fine you helped still I don't blame you" I said. "I just care a lot about you and I don't want you getting hurt" JJ said. "I can't protect myself" I said stopping the car.

We had arrived back home. John B was waiting outside.

"I know you can and that's what scares me sometimes you don't know what's right" JJ said. "You were right about him ok I'll stop" I said getting out of the car.

He followed me.

"Here" he said putting his jacket on me. "Thanks JJ you coming in" I said. "Better then my dads" JJ said. "Thanks JJ for helping" John B said. "Anytime" JJ said. "Now let's go in I'm hungry and there's pizza" I said.