8

Novas POV
The treasure little did John B know it would be the thing that got of all of us in trouble. I didn't want a part of it but I loved a good hunt. I still wasn't talking to JJ though.

I despised how he treated me the other day. It hurt having your best friend hate you because you don't feel the same way. Truth was I didn't not anymore.

"Where are you going" Rafe said as I tried to walk out the door. "Nowhere" I said. "You don't have to lie to me" Rafe said. "And you aren't you are getting high again Rafe we talked about this" I said. "Doesn't matter Nova" Rafe said.

I set my bag down. And grabbed the drugs he had and threw them.

"What the hell is wrong with you throwing your life away for drugs" I said yelling. "You don't understand how it feels to be me the one who can't get anything right" Rafe said. "Rafe you aren't a disappointment to me" I said.

"I don't understand you what do you even see I'm someone like me I'm a loser I can't get anything right" Rafe said. "Rafe" I said cupping his cheek. "Just go do your thing ok like you said you don't belong here right" Rafe said sitting down.

I sighed and decided to stay and help him out.

"Rafe let's get you cleaned up ok" I said.

I helped him sober up and got rid of the rest of the stuff he did have. I cared about him more than anything it hurt me to see him so upset.

"Nova" Rafe called I went into his room. "Need something" I said. "Come here" he said patting his bed. I sat across from him. "What" I said. "I'm sorry about earlier" Rafe said holding my hands. "Rafe it's ok no need to apologize" I said.

"I've just never had anyone care the way you do I don't wanna mess us up" Rafe said. "Us" I said. "That's the other thing I don't wanna be friends" Rafe said. "Oh" I said. "No no not like that Nov" Rafe said.

"Then what Rafe" I said looking into his blue eyes. I've never seen anything more perfect than that way he looked at me like he was. "See I've never really done this kinda thing" he said I laughed. "Well what" I said.

"Do you wanna be my girlfriend" Rafe said. "I'd love to but promise me no drugs Rafe" I said he kissed me. "You have my word but I do need to tell you something" Rafe said.

"Yeah" I said. "JJ stole from Barry the money and he wants payback against you and the rest of your friends" Rafe said. "What" I said. "I told him not to touch you he said I needed to find John B" Rafe said.

"Shit Rafe what do you want me to do" I said. "Help me with JJ" Rafe said. "No you know what he said" I said. "Then whatever happens to him or your friends is on Barry" Rafe said.

"You are letting him run you Rafe" I said. "He said if I didn't he'd hurt you" Rafe said. "Rafe" I said. "I care about you and I'd never let him touch you" Rafe said. "But my friends and my only family left" I said. "Nov" Rafe said.

"No I need to go" I said leaving.