11

Novas POV
I sat on the picnic table by the country club waiting for Rafe. It was dark so nobody would spot us here. I wanted to talk to him I needed to. Part of me hated him for us standing there as his father nearly killed me.

"Nova" Rafe said sitting next to me. "Didn't think you'd show or this time just stand there" I said. "Look at me I didn't... know he'd hurt you and I should've stopped it" Rafe said. I didn't look at him.

"Right" I said. "Look I'm so sorry ok I yelled at him and we fought he" Rafe said I looked at him he at a black eye. "Rafe" I said cupping his cheek. "I care about you more than anything and I couldn't let him get away with this" Rafe said. "Rafe" I said he kissed me.

"I can't stay away from you I don't want too your my girl the only person who understands me" Rafe said holding my hand. His girl hearing that made me feel so special. I couldn't ruin it by telling him. Although maybe he'd believe me now.

"Rafe I gotta tell you something" I said. "Yeah go ahead" Rafe said. "Your Dad killed my father that's why John B went after him Ward tried to kill him" I said he didn't say anything.

"...Nova come on" Rafe said. "I wouldn't lie to you Rafe god this was a mistake coming here I need to go" I said getting up. "Don't leave" Rafe said. "You don't believe me Rafe I see it I got somewhere to be" I said walking away.

Later...
We arrived at the location of the treasure . I grabbed a flashlight and went with JJ. Pope followed as John B was ahead.

Sarah and Kie were lookout inside the house. Which was kinda scary the old lady was weird.

"No Rafe" JJ said. "I told you he wouldn't believe you" Pope said. "I know" I said holding the rope as John B went down the well. "Can we talk about it" JJ said. "What" I said. "Anything John B" Pope said switching with me.

I now held the flashlight to help him see. It smelt so gross. And it was super dirty.

"You know what Nova" JJ said. "The kiss it was just a kiss I have a boyfriend" I said. "You guys kissed" Pope said. "To be fair it was the heat of the moment he kissed me" I said. "It wasn't a moment when are you gonna get it" JJ said.

"Guys" John B yelled. "What's up" I said. "Pull me up it's just water" he added sadly. They started pulling him up. "See" JJ said. "Wait stop I see something" John B said.

I looked down as he went into a little cavern.

"John B you good" I said. "Guys I found it it's here the gold"John B said as we pulled him up. He was covered head to toe in what I hoped was mud.

"Shut up" I said he showed us the gold. "We did it" Pope said. "I can't believe this" JJ said. "We actually did it for Dad" I said John B hugged me. "Yeah" John B said. "Ok ew too close" I said pushing him off.

Later....
We took the gold back to the house. John B got cleaned up.

"So what are we going to do" I said. "We gotta take this to a shop or something" Sarah said. "She's right but we should melt it down" Pope added. "We can't tell anyone" John B said. "I know" I said. "Even your boyfriend" John B said.

"How did you" I said. "Look I don't care that you two are together I'm just offended you didn't ask" John B said looking at JJ. "I'm not dating your sister she's with Rafe Cameron" JJ said.

"What" John B said. "You I thought you knew this John B" I said. "Yeah I thought so too" Sarah said. "He's no good for you" John B said. "And you are to tell me what to do" I said leaving.

I then walked around the island. I heard a car pull up next to me.

"What are you doing" Rafe said rolling down the window. "Hoping that someone would I don't know hit me" I said. "You don't mean that" Rafe said. "Don't bother Rafe ok I'm just gonna walk" I said.

"Where you have nowhere to go" Rafe said. "Like you care to listen or believe me" I said. "Just get in the truck" he said pushing the passenger door open. "And go were" I said getting in. "Don't worry about my father" Rafe said.

"Rafe" I said. "I got a place you can stay there and I'll bring you things you need ok" Rafe said. "Fine" I said. "Look I'm sorry ok" Rafe said. I kissed his cheek. I then rested my head on his shoulder. "Just drive" I said.