10

Novas POV
I knocked on the door. I waited out in the rain.

"Hey" Rafe said. "Rafe you need to listen to me ok" I said. "You need to listen your brother hurt my father my Dad doesn't want me to see you" Rafe said. "What do you mean you can't see me" I said. "He means you need to leave" Ward said standing behind him.

"Rafe" I said tearing up. He looked at me with tears in his eyes. "Look you need to go ok" Rafe said as his voice started breaking. "Get out Routeledge" Ward added getting closer to me. I handed Rafe his keys.

Tears practically ran down my face.

"Please don't make this any harder than it already is" Rafe said. "Rafe... listen to me please" I said. "Your brother is dangerous and I don't even know if I can trust you" Rafe said. "Trust me you know me Rafe I'd never hurt you" I said.

"Rafe she's lying to you she's just like her brother and her father" Ward said. "I'm sorry" Rafe said walking inside. Ward then came out. "You are going to pay for everything you did Ward" I said. "You think people will ever find out what I did to your daddy" Ward said grabbing my neck.

"Stop" I said grabbing his face. "You tell the police go ahead I own them" Ward said. "Let me go you" I said kicking him. He threw me down and I fell into the mud. "Go back to the cut were you belong and stay away from my son" Ward said looking at me.

"I can't promise you he'll stay away" I said. "If he knows what's good for him he will and I'll find thst treasure pogue" Ward said lifting up my chin. "Trust me I'll get you are going so far down Ward" I said he chuckled.

"Your just like your dad someone who can't quit but if you come near me again I'll kill you just like I did with him" he said to me. He then let go of me and left in his car. I was covered in mud. I looked up and saw Rafe on the porch.

He did nothing to save me or help me. Some boyfriend I had. I ended up walking home. JJ was there at the doorway.

"You're covered in mud did you go treasure hunting" JJ said. I stayed silent. "Hey I know you hate me but it was funny right"JJ said. I fell to the ground crying but JJ caught me. "What happened what did he do" JJ said.

"His dad threatened me and told me if I came back he'd kill me" I said crying. "We on for tonight" John B said. "John B" JJ said. "She's covered and your neck what happened" John B said. "Ward happened" JJ said rubbing my back.

I felt safe in his arms for a while. He made me feel as if everything went away.

"I'll get cleaned up ok" I said getting up from JJ's hug. "You ok" John B said. "Yeah" I said sniffling. I went into the house JJ followed me. He grabbed me a towel and a wash cloth and a set of clothes.

I turned the water on. He wet the washcloth and cleaned my face up.

"Why are you so stubborn" JJ said as I sat on the sink. "I just want justice for my father" I said he wiped my face. "You could've gotten yourself killed" JJ said. "I know JJ I just thought" I said. "If he cared about you he wouldn't have stood there" JJ said wiping my cheek with the washcloth.

"I know" I said sighing. "He doesn't deserve you" JJ said cupping my cheek. "JJ" I said. "He never has" JJ said moving in closer. "Maybe I don't deserve anything" I said. He cupped my cheek. "You deserve to be loved and protected" JJ said.

"Right" I said he kissed me. I shouldn't have done anything but I kissed him. I mean after all Rafe didn't protect me but I still wanted to be with him. I knew he was still there.

"I'm sorry" JJ said. "I need to umm... shower so get out" I said pushing him. "Nothing I haven't seen" JJ said. "Get out you loser" I said pushing him out and shutting the door.

I then looked down at my phone. A text from Rafe popped up.

Rafe:I'm so sorry I just stood there and I didn't know what he was going to do. Nova please tell me you are ok

Me:I'm fine some boyfriend you are by the way Rafe

Rafe: nova I feel so badly you don't understand he was going to have me arrested and send me off if I stayed with you here

Me: your just as bad as him

Rafe: I don't understand what he did that's so bad?? John B attacked him

Me:Because he attacked my brother on the boat Rafe meet me tomorrow I'll tell you everything you need

Rafe: at our spot

Me: I'll send you the address you need to stay away from your father

Rafe: Nova you know I can't

Me: do you want the truth or not Rafe

Rafe; I'll be there