26

Novas POV
We snuck onto the ship. Pope and Cleo managed to make a distraction. I snuck into the bottom part looking for the cross. I then heard a loud bang.

"Shit" Rafe said yelling. I quickly hid behind a wall. "I'll find you John B" Rafe said. "Run" I whispered to John B. He ran upstairs. "What was that" Rafe said walking over.

I ran out in front of him. He was holding an axe.

"You stupid pogues" Rafe said. "Put the axe down" I said. "Y..you have no right to tell me what to do anymore" Rafe said moving closer to me. I backed up. "Rafe please let's just talk about this" I said. "Talk you left me for Topper we aren't gonna talk" Rafe said.

"Rafe... I really am sorry ok I just couldn't do it anymore" I said. "Do what love me... you never loved me Nov and you never deserved me" Rafe said. "Your right I didn't deserve you but Rafe I did love you more than anything" I said tearing up.

"You think I believe that lie of shit" Rafe said. "You were my first love the only person who understood me" I said. "Rafe I loved you I still love you and I wanna help you please" I said putting my hands on the axe.

"You can't help me Nova" Rafe said tearing up. "Yes I can" I said looking into his blue eyes. "Why would you I tried to" Rafe said. "It wasn't you and I know that Rafe" I said cupping his cheek. "But you love him" Rafe said. "I just wanna help you Rafe let me help" I said he dropped the axe. I picked it up.

"You still shouldn't be here" Rafe said. "Rafe came on don't do that" I said he grabbed my arm. I dropped the axe. "I'm sorry ok" Rafe said walking me up the stairs. "What's she doing here" Rose said. "She snuck on" Rafe said.

"She wants the cross" Rose said. "Oh screw your Rose" I said. "We need to tie her up as leverage for John B" Rafe said. "Alright" Rose said. I hit him in the gut and ran.

"Nova" he yelled. "Get her" Rose said. I ran up to the top deck. Pope had the cross up. It was close to the water. "Nova just stop" Rafe said. "No you stop I'm tired of this Rafe" I said. "You need to just relax ok Nov" Rafe said. "Your crazy" I said.

"You used to like it" Rafe said. "The Rafe I liked is still in there I know he is" I said backing up near the edge. "So go then" Rafe said. "Rafe" I said. "Nova come on" Cleo said. "Shit" Rafe said running to grab the cross that was falling.

I just stood there as they pulled it up. John B and everyone was in the boat. I watched. They called my name and waited.

Rafe grabbed a gun. I ran over and stood in front of him.

"Move please" Rafe said. "Please don't do this" I said putting my hands up. "Just let me" Rafe said teary eyed. "No I know you don't want to do it" I said looking into his eyes. "I..." he said dropping the gun.
I kicked it away.

"Come here" I said hugging him. He hugged me back tightly. "I'm so sorry" Rafe said crying into my shoulder. John B and everyone had gotten away. I had no idea why I stayed there.

But I knew he needed help. And I was the only person who wanted to help him out.

Toppers POV

"Topper man" Kelce said

"Topper man" Kelce said. "Topper" Mom said. "What" I said. "You've been standing here for a while they called the cops" Mom said. "She was supposed to be back" I said.

"Honey I'm sorry she's missing" Mom said. "You don't understand" I said. "I get it you were friends shes probably

"Don't you dare even say that you didn't know her none of you did" I said. "Topper honey I'm trying to help" Mom said. "You can't help none of you can she's out there" I said.

"Just come inside" Mom said. "Let me be" I said. They left and walked away. I sat down on the dock. "Where are you Nov" I said looking out at the ocean.

Novas POV
"I don't understand why she's here" Rose said. "She saved me" Rafe said. I sat alone and looked out at the water. Rafe sat beside me. "Nova" Rafe said. "What" I said.

"I'm sorry you got into this" Rafe  said. "It's whatever Rafe" I said. "I'll leave you two" Rose said. "Tell me what's wrong" Rafe said. "What's wrong is I'm trapped on a boat with you're father" I said. "I'm sorry we had to do this" Rafe said.

"Rafe you should've just left and gotten away from them" I said. "Nova I'm trying ok listen" Rafe said placing a hand on my knee. "What" I said. "I have a plan" Rafe said. "I just wanna go home" I said looking out the window.

"You will ok" Rafe said. "Yeah right" I said. "You're so stubborn" Rafe said. "Shut up" I said. "Nova just stop fighting everyone" Rafe said. "You ...

He then kissed me. All I could think about was Topper and what he'd say right now. But for some reason I wanted Rafe.

I didn't care how bad he was for me. He pulled me onto his lap.

"You'd better have locked that door" I whispered in his ear. "See knew you missed me" Rafe said. "You wish" I said. "You do because your crazy for me" Rafe said.

Maybe I was....

____

••••TO BE CONTINUED••••••