15

Novas POV
I walked up to Toppers house being careful not to be be seen by anyone who could tell Rafe. I didn't need it getting back to him. I was terrified of what he would do to me.

I knocked on the door.

"Hold on I'm coming" Topper said. He opened the door. "Hey...I wanna talk" I said. "Sure come on in" Topper said. "Wow this is quite beautiful" I said. "Do you want a drink" Topper said as we walked into through kitchen.

"Ummm I'm ok" I said sitting on the couch. "What's up" he said sitting next to me. "I'm terrified of Rafe it's like he's someone else..." I said tearing up. "What are you worried he'd hurt you" Topper said taking my hand.

"I'm completely worried Topper I just feel like I can't get away" I said. "I'll protect you from him what do you need me to do" Topper said. "He's leaving for the Bahamas tonight so" I said. "Maybe you should talk to him" Topper said.

"And tell him what that I don't wanna be with him" I said. "Yes you can't keep putting yourself through something like this" Topper said. "And why do you care so much about what I do" I said. "Because I care about you a lot ok" Topper said.

"Please I'm just a pogue ok and that's all I'll ever be to anyone" I said. "No that's not true I really really" Topper said. "You what" I said he cupped my cheek. I looked into those eyes. The same eyes as Rafe but when I looked back I felt like I could be myself.

"I really like you a lot Nov and I was such a jerk to you and your brother" Topper said. "Topper I" I said. "I'm sorry for how I treated him and how I treated you" Topper said. "Topper my brother.. he's alive" I said.

"How" Topper said. I showed him the text messages. And the picture. "I had to hide it from Rafe and Ward" I said he sighed. "So they are alive" he said tearing up. "Yes" I said. "That's amazing news but" Topper said.

"Yeah I know if he comes back it's" I said tearing up. "Then we need to frame Rafe or get evidence and only you can do that" Topper said. "You want me to frame my boyfriend" I said. "Well yes" Topper said. "Shit it's late I gotta go home" I said.

"Please be careful" Topper said hugging me he then kissed my head. "I'll try too" I said. "Wait" Topper said handing me keys. "What's this" I said. "I might've found your Jeep and my Dad fixed it up" Topper said I ran over and hugged him.

"Thank you so much it means so much to me" I said. "I know so I had it fixed for you" Topper said. "Thanks Top you're a great friend" I said he smiled.

I left and drove back to Rafes. He was getting ready to leave for the Bahamas.

"Hey I see you got the Jeep up and running" Rafe said. "Yeah JJ and I figured it out" I said he smiled. "Ummm so we are gonna go and he wants you to come" Rafe said. "Rafe I have school" I said.

"I know it's a crazy idea" Rafe said. "Rafe look no offense I don't wanna spend time with your Dad" I said walking inside. "I know" Rafe said. "Then don't ask me plus I have homework" I said.

"I don't wanna fight" Rafe said. "Look Rafe I'm tired ok" I said. "Nova" Rafe said I turned to look at him. "I love you" Rafe said. "I love you too but seriously I am exhausted" I said going into his room.

"I'd really hate to leave you" Rafe said. "He needs you" I said. "But I need you think about it we leave in the morning now" Rafe said. "Rafe I don't know" I said changing into my pjs. "Alright" Rafe said.

"Just promise me no guns" I said sitting on his lap. "I promise ok" Rafe said. "Baby I'm serious" I said playing with his hair. "You have my word" he said kissing me. "Now seriously I'm going to bed no games" I said laying down in bed.

"You can just" Rafe said I shushed him. "Figure that out yourself" I said. "I hate you" Rafe said.