12

(Gonna do a time skip to when John B goes missing)
____
Novas POV
"He didn't shoot the sheriff shoupe" I said. "Nova calm down relax" he said. "You guys aren't doing anything he's out there in a storm" I said yelling. "Nova" Shoupe said looking at me.

"What" I said. "He's gone the boat went overboard I'm sorry we lost them" he said. I felt my heart break. I looked at JJ he was in tears. I didn't know what to do. I hadn't seen Rafe all night. He was missing.

"What" I said as tears rolled down my face. "I'm so sorry" he said looking at me. "Nova it's ok" Kie said. "I" I said crying. I then ran out the tent. "Nova" JJ yelled. I ran to Rafes house and knocked on the door.

"Rafe please" I said knocking in tears. I was soaked from the rain. The door then open. "Nova" Rafe said looking at me. I fell to the ground crying he caught me. "He's gone he's gone" I said crying. "Who's gone baby what's wrong" Rafe said.

"John B he's dead" I said crying. "They think he... shot the sheriff I know he didn't Rafe" I said crying. "Shhhh shhh I'm here" Rafe said hugging me. "He didn't" I said Rafe kissed me. "Let's get you dry and upstairs ok" Rafe said.

I walked in with him.

Months later...

I stayed with Rafe and his family. Ward didn't like it too much. But I kept my part. Rafe was distant I could tell he was hiding something from me.

"Rafe" I said. "Don't you have to go to school" Rafe said. "No you know what they think that I helped when I wasn't there" I said. "John B did it I don't know what to tell you" Rafe said.

"I don't need that from you my own boyfriend the least you could do is agree with me" I said. "Is that what you'd like from me Nova to agree with you what else" Rafe said yelling.

"Who are you covering for your father" I said. "Your brother did it my father was there end of conversation" Rafe said. "You know Rafe you don't have to lie" I said.

"I'm not lying now go to school ok" Rafe said. "God your so different" I said grabbing my bag. "Different you won't even kiss me or look at me" Rafe said. "I'm not the one who's being distant that's you" I said grabbing the keys.

I showed up at school. Everyone looked at me. Kie,JJ and Pope came over to me.

"All eyes are on us" JJ said. "No me he's my was my brother" I said saddened. "Let's go come on" Kie said. "I can't be late" Pope said running in. "Yeah mean neither" Kie said following him. "What's wrong" JJ said.

"I can't do this JJ" I said he took my hand. "Yes you can now come on" JJ said. "No they look at me like I had something to do with this I can't" I said leaving.

I went back to the Cameron house. Rafe was in his room.

"What" Rafe said. "I couldn't do it" I said sitting on his bed. "Well I don't blame you" Rafe said putting his hand on my leg. "Are your parents here" I said dropping my bag.

"He's out taking care of something" Rafe said. "Good" I said shutting the door and locking it. "I see" Rafe said coming over to me. "You gonna keep bring distant or not" I said he kissed me. "Your sure you want this" Rafe said.

"Mmmh I really do" I said.

(Time skip)
I woke up and rolled over checking my phone. Kie was blowing it up.

"Hey I left you hot water if you wanna shower" Rafe said coming out of the bathroom in a towel. "Mmmh" I said reading the texts. I then opened a group chat.

Holy shit....

I can't believe this.

"What are you looking at" Rafe said. "Nothing babe I promise" I said looking at the picture of my brother and Sarah. He was alive. "Mmmh" Rafe said.

"Just spam from school and what I missed" I said shutting it off. "Well you are going tomorrow as much fun as today was" Rafe said. "I know" I said.

He's really ok, my brother. I can't believe it