22

Novas POV
Topper decided to take me back to his house that night. The whole ride back was completely silent. He didn't say anything. I risked my life to save my brother and friends.

He finally parked the car and turned it off.

"Say something" I said. "What you did was beyond stupid he could've shot you Nova is that you're plan" Topper said. "No it's not I was trying to distract him to save my friends and John B" I said. "It was stupid" Topper said.

"He didn't shoot me did he" I said. "But you wanted him too" Topper said. "...I didn't mean that and it's not like he was going to" I said. "But what if he would've Nov" Topper said. "So what" I said. "Do you not care about the people around you I don't know what I'd do if I lost you" Topper said.

"Sorry what now you care about me" I said getting out of his car. I slammed the door shut. "I've always cared about you" Topper said. "You know what god Topper what do you want to sleep with me or something" I said.

"You know Nova people can actually have feelings for someone without wanting to hook up with them" Topper said. "You have feelings or are you just sorry for me" I said. "Don't do that" Topper said. "Do what Topper you feel sorry for me the girl who lost her Dad who's ex boyfriend killed a cop" I said crying .

"Nova please let me help you aren't ok" Topper said. "God leave" I said walking off.

I then went to the dock. I saw a figure standing by a pole.

"Shit Nova" Rafe said. "Rafe" I said. "You're here all alone without your little boyfriend" Rafe said. I knew he was high off something.

(TW:FIGHTING,DROWNING)

"Rafe you are high" I said. "No I see who you are really a no good lying pogue" he said grabbing my arm. "Let go of my arm" I said.

"No you put me in jail and had my father killed" Rafe said. "Rafe stop it" I said. "You'll drown just like your daddy" Rafe said grabbing my neck. He then dumped my head into a bucket. I tried to grab the sides and fight back.

"I'm sorry" he said with tears in his eyes as I came up. He pushed me back down. "Rafe... please" I said gasping for air. "I will always love you...

Something then hit Rafe and he fell. Topper pulled me out of the water. As I sat on the dock coughing it up. Topper grabbed Rafe by his collar.

"If you ever touch her again if you ever touch her again I'll kill you got that Rafe" he said punching him and knocking him out.

Topper came over and hugged me.

"Come on" he said carrying me. He carried me back to his house. He then took me into his room. I didn't say anything. "I uh got you some dry clothes I mean they are mine but" Topper said I didn't look at him.

I remember falling to the ground crying but he caught me and held me tightly.

"Shhhh it's ok" he whispered in my ear. "Top" I said crying. "Hey I'm here ok I'll never let him hurt you again" he said kissing my cheek. "Thank you" I said.

Later...
I took a shower and changed into Toppers clothes. I then walked back into his room.

"Your uh bathroom is really nice and huge" I said he laughed and patted his bed. I sat down on it next to him. "You scared me I really thought I was" Topper said with tears in his beautiful blue eyes.

"I shouldn't have ran off I" I said he cupped my cheek. "I get it" Topper said. "I guess I'm just afraid of letting someone in" I said. "You never have to worry about me" he said holding my hand. "I do worry" I said.

"I'm here and I'm not going anywhere I promise" Topper said. "Ok" I said. "You wanna talk about everything on your mind" Topper said. I had never had someone just want to listen to me and hear me out.

"Yeah I do" I said. "Talk to me" Topper said. I laid down and rested my head on his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair and just listened to me all night long.

The next day....

"I should bring you home" Topper said. "Yeah" I said.

We got on his boat and he took me back to the chateau. We pulled up and they were waiting on the dock.

"Topper" JJ said. "So" Kie said. "Topper uh saved me from Rafe" I said. "Well I guess I owe you one huh Topper" John B said. "It's all good someone had to save you're sister" Topper said.

"Well thank you seriously" John B said. I hugged Topper. "Thank you for listening to me" I whispered in his ear. "Always princess" he whispered. I smiled to myself. "We have an important meeting" Pope said.

"Well Top I'll uh see you later thank you" I said kissing his cheek he smiled. JJ and Kie made kissy faces. "Yeah see you" Topper said. "Come on you can kiss him later" Kie said grabbing my arm.