13

Novas POV
I sat by my phone waiting for John B to text back. I didn't tell anyone I couldn't. Rafe didn't trust me enough with his own truth. I decided to walk around town. When Toppers Jeep pulled up beside me.

He got out and walked in front of me.

"Topper I don't wanna hear it I know everyone thinks my brother did it I don't want it from you" I said. "No and I don't think he did either" Topper said. "Then what do you want" I said. "Look I was a real jerk to you this summer and I apologize ok" Topper said.

"You got me fired" I said. "That wasn't me and I'm sorry that it happened so I talked to your old boss and he re hired you" Topper said handing me my uniform. "Why would you do that" I said. "Because I treated you like shit" Topper said.

I took the uniform back.

"Well ummm thank you Topper I guess I owe you one and I apologize too" I said he smiled. "I'm sorry about your brother I really am" Topper said. "Thanks you are the only one who actually cares" I said.

"People will believe anything trust me" Topper said. "Hey there you are" Rafe said. "Sorry I wanted to clear my head" I said. "It's all good I just wanna talk to you" Rafe said. "See you guys" Topper said leaving. "What was that all about" Rafe said.

"He got me my job back" I said. "Oh well that's nice but we need to get home" Rafe said. "Why what's going on" I said.

We walked back the wall had spray paint on it and it said "murders". I looked at Rafe he was all sweaty like he was hiding something.

"Ah there you are Rafe we need to talk" Ward said. I listened behind a tree. "Dad they know" Rafe said. "Does she know Rafe it's best you don't involve her" Ward said.

"Of course she doesn't she thinks you shot the sheriff" Rafe said. "Rafe I'm they still think it was John B keep it that way" Ward said. "Dad I have a plan for the pogues" Rafe added.

"And what's that Rafe huh tell me what is it" Ward said getting in his face as I watched. "We kill them too" Rafe said. Tears ran down my face as I put my hand over my mouth.

"What about your girlfriend she's hiding something Rafe she knows something" Ward said. "She won't talk I've got her wrapped around my finger" Rafe said. "What if she does talk Rafe then when" Ward said. "Then we handle her" Rafe said.

They walked in. I stood there.

"I gotta get out of here" I said running. I then ran back to the chateau. JJ was there. "Hey hey did you run here" JJ said. "Rafe he... he's crazy" I said. "Took you long enough" Kie said. "He said that if I knew he'd kill me" I said.

"So you don't know" JJ said. "Know what" I said. "You may wanna sit down" Pope said. "What's going on" I said. "It wasn't Ward" Kie added. "Then who was it" I said.

"Well....