14

Novas POV
"Hey look who it is Rafes princess taking our order or the sherif shooters sister" Kelce said. "Look at her she's such a pogue" the girl said. "Guys shut up" Topper said.

JJ came over. And poured the waters for them.

"And lookie here another pogue" Kelce said. "Would you shut up and stop bothering Nov" JJ said. "My bad JJ I didn't realize the pogue couldn't defend herself" Kelce said.

"I'm so sick of you kooks trying to run us you need to shut up" JJ said. "JJ" I said. "We all know it was John B and hell she could've helped and that's why she's sucking up to Rafe" Kelce said. "I think your just jealous because I rejected your ass" I said.

"Don't worry I don't want a pogue Rafe can have you all he wants" Kelce said. "Shut up you think I give a shit about what you think of me" I said. "We all know your family is low life's what are you gonna do next" Kelce said. "John B didn't kill anyone and his sister wasn't even there so shut up" JJ said pouring the water on him.

"It was Rafe Cameron" I said everyone looked at me. "Oh so you sleep with my best friend then accuse him of murder you are such a low life pogue" Kelce said. JJ punched him. "Talk about her like that again see what happens" JJ said.

"Nova" Topper said. "Fuck this job and fuck you" I said pushing Kelce into the table. "Yeah we know we are fired" JJ said. I handed my apron in with JJ. "Wait Nov" Topper said. "Get her out of here" some old kooks yelled.

I flipped them off. JJ had left already.

"Stop following me" I said to Topper. "Let me take you home or something ok" Topper said. "Get that pogue out of here" a guy yelled. "Would you shut up" Topper yelled they stopped laughing. "Fine I'll go with you" I said.

I got in his Jeep and we went on a drive. I didn't wanna see Rafe. I thought he was different but he wasn't he's exactly like his father. I rested my head on the window as I looked out at the water.

"What happened" Topper said. "I... just Rafe did this and you don't have to believe me but my friends were there and they know" I said tearing up. "I don't know what to believe but all I know is that you aren't ok" Topper said.

"You don't need to play my hero" I said. "I'm just worried about you I care about you that's all" Topper said. "Why" I said looking at him with tears in my eyes. "Because you deserve better than him and in general Nova you've been through hell" Topper said.

Rafe then texted me. I looked at the messages.

Rafe:Where are you?!!

Rafe:we need to talk about that situation Nova please I can't have people thinking I

Rafe:Nova please just come home I can't have my Dad find out you said something

Rafe:was it JJ? Not surprised and you left with Topper?

"Shit" I said. "What" Topper said I handed him my phone. "I should just take you back over there" Topper said. "So what he can threaten me or try to sweet talk me" I said.

"Look either way this ends up badly if I bring you there I promise you that I'll stay ok" Topper said. "Alright fine" I said.

He turned around and we headed back to Rafes house. He was standing outside in the doorway. Topper stopped the car.

"You have my number if he does anything let me know immediately" Topper said. "If I don't answer you or aren't seen you know who did it" I said. "That's not funny Nov" Topper said I got out. "Thank god I was worried" Rafe said I shoved him and went inside the house.

"Hey don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you" Rafe said. "You gonna kill me like you wanna kill my friends" I said. He then took my hand and brought me into his room. "Shut up you shut up" he said shutting the door. I backed up against the door.

"Rafe you killed her and lied to me to make things worse you told your friends we hooked up you then told everyone it was my brother" I said. "And just who is gonna believe that" Rafe said. "My friends know it was you" I said.

"What happened to my girl huh the one who ...told me she loved me over summer" Rafe said I teared up. "Maybe she was in love with another version of you" I said. "I've been here" Rafe said. "No you haven't Rafe" I said.

"Just stop with that I don't need my girlfriend running to the cops you know damn well they won't believe you" Rafe said. "Forget it Rafe" I said. "No you don't say anything you hear me" Rafe said. "Fine and move I need to shower alone" I said going into the bathroom and locking the door.

I sat in the shower letting the water hit me. It gave me time to think. I couldn't run to the police I was afraid of him. Topper knew I was. What I am supposed to do.

"Hey look I'm sorry" Rafe said from outside the door. I got out of the shower and got dressed I then opened the door. I brushed my hair as he stood behind me. "For what" I said. "Telling Kelce I was drunk" Rafe said.

"It's whatever this town couldn't care less about me" I said. "I care I do and I stopped being friends with him" Rafe said. "Look I gotta go Kie and I have a project is that ok" I said.

"Yeah yeah just go I got stuff to do anyways" Rafe said. Truth was I wasn't working on a project. I was going to see Topper I don't know why I was. But he was the only person beside JJ,Kie and Pope that actually cared.