31

Novas POV
We had to hide from the police because they were all looking for my friends and brother. But I would be fine going out by myself. Of course Theo tagged along with me.

"What exactly are we looking for" I said. "Some food don't worry I have money" Theo said. "That's not what I'm worried about" I said. "He can't get to you if I'm here" Theo said. "Theo you don't understand him" I said.

"And you do" he said. "I thought I did I mean I used to" I said. "Why would you fall in love with someone like him" Theo said. "He wasn't like that when I first started dating him" I said grabbing some cans of food.

"People change" Theo said. "Yeah I know" I said. "He didn't deserve you" Theo said looking at me. "Theo" I said. "What I know you have someone back home" he said. We set the stuff up on the counter. We then cashed out and walked back.

But all the sudden a truck pulled up and stopped in front of us. It was men with guns. I knew this was about Rafe or the treasure.

They looked at me and Theo. They shouted something in there language then grabbed me. I punched the one guy and tried to fight back. Theo tried to grab me.

They put me in the bed of the truck and tied my hands together and feet. And just sat there next to me.

"Theo do something" I said. "Carlos she's on the way to you" Theo said over the phone. "You asshole" I said. "Sorry princess being a waiter doesn't pay the bills" Theo said. "I swear I'll kill you" I said. "Someone's been hanging around Rafe too much" Theo said.

"Fuck you" I said spitting in his face. "Take her" Theo said smacking the truck. We then drove off to some house far away from everything. As soon as we got there were guards everywhere. I knew I wouldn't be getting out.

They took the ropes of my hands and feet and walked me inside. The house was incredible. Now the only plan was to get out of her.

"Go get washed up and get ready for dinner with Mr. Singh" the guy said pushing me into the bedroom. He then locked the door. "Shit" I said to myself. I looked around and then opened the closet seeing the red satin dress.

I decided to go along with whatever this was. I showered and dried my hair. I then threw the dress on and waited. I sat on the bed not knowing what would happen.

The door then opened and the guard came to get me. I walked down with him. Then into the room and he let me go by myself.

"What the hell is this" I said. I saw someone in a suit standing by the window. They turned around of course it was Rafe.He looked at me like he had the night at the midsummers. But I had to ignore that. I knew he did this.

"Why are you here are you trying to screw my deal over" Rafe said."Oh please Rafe how do I know you didn't do this" I said. "Listen Nov I didn't do anything" Rafe said. "I figured your little reunion would cause sparks" Carlos said.

"Who are you" Rafe said. "Mr. Cameron and Miss. Routeledge I'm Mr. Singh" he said with a smirk. "Why am I here" I said. "Now come sit" he said. We both went over and sat.

"I trust one of you has something I'm looking for" he said. "What" I said. "Maybe you Miss Routeledge" he said. "Nova" Rafe said. "What do you think I have" I said. "A map to the gold of course that you and your friends have" he said. Rafe looked at me.

"I don't have any map" I said. "Your stubborn just like your father" Carlos said. "My Dad is dead" I said. "Sweetheart no he's not" Carlos said. "What" I said. "Your dad is alive he was working for me" Carlos said.

"Your lying" I said tearing up. "I'm not" he said showing me a picture. "I there's no way" I said. "Now I suggest you remember were that map is Miss Routeledge" Carlos said.

"I don't know" I said. "I think you do" he said yelling. "Don't yell at her" Rafe said. "You have till tomorrow evening to figure this out go out of my sight" Carlos said. "And look outside when you get upstairs it's a warning" he added.

The guards walked me and Rafe up to the bedroom and locked us in. We then looked out the window and saw them walk this guy over. It was the guy who helped give me and Theo directions earlier.

All the sudden we heard a gunshot. I stood there in shock.

"Nov do you have the map" Rafe said. I didn't say anything I was still in shock. "Nova be completely honest" he said I looked at him. "No" I said.

A couple hours later...

"I'll take the floor Nov" Rafe said. I sat on the bed. I couldn't believe my Dad was alive. This whole time. "I can't believe he's alive" I said. "I thought he was dead" I said tearing up.

"Nova I'm sorry" he said sitting next to me. "I just.. don't understand why he wouldn't come home" I said. "I don't know" Rafe said. "It's like he doesn't care about me and John B his kids" I said. Rafe put s hand on my back.

"Look I know you hate me and you have every reason to" he said. "But I know I messed up and I'm trying to be better I'm sorry for.. everything" Rafe said. "I hurt you I know I did and I shouldn't have done that" Rafe said.

"Rafe I" I said he wiped my tears. "I hate seeing you afraid of me because of what I did" Rafe said. "I'm sorry that I did that and all those other things to you" he said. "I'm trying to be better Nova" Rafe said. "I should've never hurt you" Rafe said.

"I'm sorry too" I said. "You did nothing wrong you loved me.. and I never deserved you" he said tearing up. "Rafe I" I said he hugged me. "I'm so sorry" he whispered in my ear.

"I know" I said. "I'll be better I promise" he said kissing my head. "I'm getting us out of here" he said. "We need to a plan" I said.